ADVERTISEMENT

It’s all over for the student athlete. NCAA has no power all $ now.

I can’t see an 18, 19 or 20 year old being paid a couple hundred grand giving two shits about their grades. Shit, some of them probably make more than their professors and can buy a grade if the opportunity presents itself.
There is basically no longer a body, or soon to be no longer a body that governs standards across the board. It’ll soon be the school itself that has to enforce any sort of punishment for the athlete, and I question the ability for any institution to self govern.

I don’t like my university being represented by a guy that dances around, smoke cigars, and says kensucky and turdue while tweeting at our recruits.

It is embarrassing.
These guys epitomize the kids who inherit their daddy's business. The dad busted his ass to build a phenomenal business and sacrificed everything to do it and then the boys come in spoiled rotten, won't do the work but spend daddy's money wildly. They are big hat no cattle.

When the power conferences elect a commissioner in a few years they will set rules of only 4 years max I am sure. It is all about to change even more. We got 4 new teams next year? About to be UCLA vs IU baby. Can’t wait to hear the complaints when we go on the Oregon court.
I think it could be a very fun era for IU basketball, but for you know, the problem we have with playing basketball.

I don’t like my university being represented by a guy that dances around, smoke cigars, and says kensucky and turdue while tweeting at our recruits.

It is embarrassing.
So true.

But absent some fans/supporters represented here—- is it fair to say that a majority of IU fans are in favor of the clown show HH approach as a return to relevance and outnumbers the HFG/sanctioned/more morally palatable version of revenue generation to compete I think people are now justifying any means/accepts any behavior that will buy it back. Again not bring it back. Not earn it back.

Buy it back.

I’ve said it before — culture can’t be bought.
Look around the country.
But those dying of hunger and thirst will consume and support (or at minimum ignore) nearly anything. At great peril IMO

It seems to me that we the starving are willing to eat anything.
And “eat it” we will on a sure path to punchline status.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Lots of very legitimate concerns and outright complaints in this thread. We are clearly living in a lost world today. Never dreamed this day would come, let alone this fast. It’s sad.

These guys epitomize the kids who inherit their daddy's business. The dad busted his ass to build a phenomenal business and sacrificed everything to do it and then the boys come in spoiled rotten, won't do the work but spend daddy's money wildly. They are big hat no cattle.
Perfect analysis

Reactions: aajohn2000
Ok gentlemen, quiet down. The next offering is ready. This specimen is 6 foot 6 inches tall. He weighs 245 pounds, and has been laser timed in the 40 .yard dash at 4.523. He had 34 sacks as a senior in a 4A schedule in Florida, but despite that softer league, no less than 3 scouting services made him their No. 1 ranked player to have the biggest impact on any team next season.

We will start the bidding ask at $1,000 per play, and remind all bidders - there is no salary cap, and … Alabama, put down your paddle, the bidding has not yet begun …. and all offers must be guaranteed under current law - no restrictions on these earnings are permitted.

Ready?

OK - what am I bid?

I’m no fan of the organizational structure of the NCAA.
But I think now we can all see why they fought so hard for so long to not let the money in.

Everyone cried it was greed/ abuse/ inequitable trade/ work product restriction etc.
I grew up in unions and in the trades. This is one big, shouting union hall cluster.
The man holding us down. Hmmmm….

As an adult and an employer I think it simply became so big, so lucrative (TV Money) that the cry from labor would eventually be too loud and eventually win as it always has since the late 1800’s.
Not bad on principle.
Horrible in execution.

The NCAA could see this paste never getting back near the tube if they gave an inch.
They knew about the HH’s of the world. They knew it would instantly be the Wild West. They knew Congress would sit on their hands.
And with valid special concerns for non-revenue sports and their “share” etc.

We see amateurish behavior and performance out of these athletes and collectives on a daily basis but yet they still expect their professional check.

I also want to see these 1099’s/W2’s from 2023 for all these new earners. Should be interesting.
I create, issue and file such documents for myself and people for whom I provide opportunities every year. Pain in the ass.

Let’s have some transparency on taxation data with these allegedly super valuable minors/young adults. Are they paying what I’m paying to plow the roads and fill the pot holes? I certainly hope so.
And don’t you dare miss the front end of that one and one in the process.

Legislation came without any backstop and made this in its earliest form - its worst possible form.
It’s like Harry Bailey on his shovel headed toward the thin ice.
Inevitable, unstoppable danger and chaos.

The void is now filled with the likes of HH and those of us here willing to align with any scenario that allows for a return to relevance.

Even if it’s a fraud — bought and paid for.

This will be far worse before better.

I’m no fan of the organizational structure of the NCAA.
But I think now we can all see why they fought so hard for so long to not let the money in.

Everyone cried it was greed/ abuse/ inequitable trade/ work product restriction etc.
I grew up in unions and in the trades. This is one big, shouting union hall cluster.
The man holding us down. Hmmmm….

As an adult and an employer I think it simply became so big, so lucrative (TV Money) that the cry from labor would eventually be too loud and eventually win as it always has since the late 1800’s.
Not bad on principle.
Horrible in execution.

The NCAA could see this paste never getting back near the tube if they gave an inch.
They knew about the HH’s of the world. They knew it would instantly be the Wild West. They knew Congress would sit on their hands.
And with valid special concerns for non-revenue sports and their “share” etc.

We see amateurish behavior and performance out of these athletes and collectives on a daily basis but yet they still expect their professional check.

I also want to see these 1099’s/W2’s from 2023 for all these new earners. Should be interesting.
I create, issue and file such documents for myself and people for whom I provide opportunities every year. Pain in the ass.

Let’s have some transparency on taxation data with these allegedly super valuable minors/young adults. Are they paying what I’m paying to plow the roads and fill the pot holes? I certainly hope so.
And don’t you dare miss the front end of that one and one in the process.

Legislation came without any backstop and made this in its earliest form - its worst possible form.
It’s like Harry Bailey on his shovel headed toward the thin ice.
Inevitable, unstoppable danger and chaos.

The void is now filled with the likes of HH and those of us here willing to align with any scenario that allows for a return to relevance.

Even if it’s a fraud — bought and paid for.

This will be far worse before better.
Perfect synopsis. And I love the Harry Bailey reference.

They are smart asshats. The worst kind. They preyed on the peegs posters, and got everything they wanted. Tons of attention and power by taking all of the pegs members money while not donating a dime. Maybe a dime, but for sure not much at all. They were asked how much they personally have donated and never gave an answer, because the answer is gonna be next to nothing, they give their time after all!!! Its not like they would have done this for free..... or actually paid money to be in this position or anything!

Should eliminate them immediately and all that money would just go to Hoosiers for good or Hoosiers connect.
HH guys are cringe in every aspect. Their role is to collect from the $100 guys out there both young alumni and subway alumni. That is a need, I just hate them being the face of it.

There are independents like yourself and then the corporate and donor level folks who work with H4G and Connect. All of ours goes through Connect right now.

All three are necessary to stay at the top tier of funding.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
When the power conferences elect a commissioner in a few years they will set rules of only 4 years max I am sure. It is all about to change even more. We got 4 new teams next year? About to be UCLA vs IU baby. Can’t wait to hear the complaints when we go on the Oregon court.
The NCAA will eventually be relegated to managing a post season tournament.

Weird times. It used to be clear, right from wrong, follow the rules, or break them. You were either a cheater or you weren’t.

Now it’s a giant sliding scale.

At one end is $ and at the other end is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

What’s a fan to do?

It would be easier if the uniforms looked like NASCAR, with the sponsors (boosters/owners) patches all over them. The more they pay a kid the bigger the patch.

@Cavanagh if you hate a collective, you hate an owner of the team. They buy the players, they own the team.

Oh well…..

the toughest thing for me is having an idea of what that money scale looks like. My NASCAR patch idea would make it much easier for me. The more patches, and the bigger they are, the more I root against that school.
What NCAA are you talking about? The rules were clear and you were a cheater or you weren’t?!

I feel like it was you were either in the gray area or you weren’t. No one was squeaky clean. From Wooden to Coach K.

Id say the NCAA was just as much of a joke of an organization back then as they are now, just in a different way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT