ADVERTISEMENT

It’s all over for the student athlete. NCAA has no power all $ now.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
NCAA just got the final kick in the balls yesterday. Players and NIL boosters can no longer get in trouble for negotiating deals while recruiting HS players and transfer portal players.

The hystericasshats gave out 700k this year in deals. Let that sink in. Those morons got 700k given to them by peegs members. That’s ****ing gross. That is the third largest collective we have.

You know how much money we are giving to players to suck? It is almost impossible to suck with the amount of money and advantages we have. Yet, here we are.

We can buy the best team in the country, how will we F it up next? Stay tuned for another addition of IU basketball post knight!!!

NCAA just got the final kick in the balls yesterday. Players and NIL boosters can no longer get in trouble for negotiating deals while recruiting HS players and transfer portal players.

The hystericasshats gave out 700k this year in deals. Let that sink in. Those morons got 700k given to them by peegs members. That’s ****ing gross. That is the third largest collective we have.

You know how much money we are giving to players to suck? It is almost impossible to suck with the amount of money and advantages we have. Yet, here we are.

We can buy the best team in the country, how will we F it up next? Stay tuned for another addition of IU basketball post knight!!!
Interesting take coming from you. I know you hate those two idiots, but otherwise I would think this kind of scenario would be right up your alley…

The portal will be wide open too.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Interesting take coming from you. I know you hate those two idiots, but otherwise I would think this kind of scenario would be right up your alley…
It makes me puke because I knew this would happen. I said IU would vault into the likes of UK KU UNC immediately when NIL happened. I knew that our boosters would compete with anyone in the country.

The problem is we have now given all that power and money to form a team to idiots it seems. This season is the worst one we have had post Knight IMO. Just a massive underachieving mess due to incompetence, stubbornness, and just plain stupidity.

And now these turds will have more access to the program. It’s going to get uglier.

Just read that article on Yahoo and thought the SAME thing Cav.
College sports that I grew up with is DEAD. Very sad for me but it is what it is.
Still an IU fan like I have been for the close to 50 since my graduation but the intense passion is not there any more with NIL, portal and the piss poor program that is IU now. :(

Say the quiet part out loud and provide us who are not firmly in the know current situation the Hoosier Hysterics and do your best to be unbiased. From a personal perspective, the dudes have always rubbed the wrong way. They come across like a couple of wealthy ubnoxious fans who dance the line between fans and in the business of boosters. I stopped following them because I found the one guy, the bald dude who I think is named Eric, absurdly obnoxious. Appears they ran a "go fund me esque" deal on Peegs platform and then donated it all to the NIL collective? In essense, used other people's money to position them as big donors? Sounds creative but at the same time, when it's OPM and no risk, then it lends itself to poor decisions. Regardless, I'd welcome a deep dive from you on what is going on behind the scenes relative to NIL, the brokers in it and how it works. That said, screw those self absorbed pricks. Particularly the bald dude. He is beyond an obnoxious ass clown.

Maybe that’s why they dont play hard. They got the money before earning it

Weird times. It used to be clear, right from wrong, follow the rules, or break them. You were either a cheater or you weren’t.

Now it’s a giant sliding scale.

At one end is $ and at the other end is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

What’s a fan to do?

It would be easier if the uniforms looked like NASCAR, with the sponsors (boosters/owners) patches all over them. The more they pay a kid the bigger the patch.

@Cavanagh if you hate a collective, you hate an owner of the team. They buy the players, they own the team.

Oh well…..

the toughest thing for me is having an idea of what that money scale looks like. My NASCAR patch idea would make it much easier for me. The more patches, and the bigger they are, the more I root against that school.

I dunno, maybe ask Calipari? He's been doing it for a decade now...
If we had done what UK has the last decade Id be naked doing cartwheels. We are second to last in Kenpom right now in the big ten. UK has never sucked that bad, they missed the tourney once. 2 final 4s, and a sweet 16 almost every other year in the last 10, that is on another stratosphere from where IU is.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Say the quiet part out loud and provide us who are not firmly in the know current situation the Hoosier Hysterics and do your best to be unbiased. From a personal perspective, the dudes have always rubbed the wrong way. They come across like a couple of wealthy ubnoxious fans who dance the line between fans and in the business of boosters. I stopped following them because I found the one guy, the bald dude who I think is named Eric, absurdly obnoxious. Appears they ran a "go fund me esque" deal on Peegs platform and then donated it all to the NIL collective? In essense, used other people's money to position them as big donors? Sounds creative but at the same time, when it's OPM and no risk, then it lends itself to poor decisions. Regardless, I'd welcome a deep dive from you on what is going on behind the scenes relative to NIL, the brokers in it and how it works. That said, screw those self absorbed pricks. Particularly the bald dude. He is beyond an obnoxious ass clown.
They are smart asshats. The worst kind. They preyed on the peegs posters, and got everything they wanted. Tons of attention and power by taking all of the pegs members money while not donating a dime. Maybe a dime, but for sure not much at all. They were asked how much they personally have donated and never gave an answer, because the answer is gonna be next to nothing, they give their time after all!!! Its not like they would have done this for free..... or actually paid money to be in this position or anything!

Should eliminate them immediately and all that money would just go to Hoosiers for good or Hoosiers connect.

Also just read the article. What an unmitigated cluster f the ncaa has become. There honestly is no such thing as amateur athletics anymore. Deals can now be struck with any little shit that shows promise as early as someone will pay him. Mommy and daddy will sell junior to the highest bidder with the agreement in place the kid will attend their college.

Whole thing gives me a headache. And honestly, it breaks my heart.

They are smart asshats. The worst kind. They preyed on the peegs posters, and got everything they wanted. Tons of attention and power by taking all of the pegs members money while not donating a dime. Maybe a dime, but for sure not much at all. They were asked how much they personally have donated and never gave an answer, because the answer is gonna be next to nothing, they give their time after all!!! Its not like they would have done this for free..... or actually paid money to be in this position or anything!

Should eliminate them immediately and all that money would just go to Hoosiers for good or Hoosiers connect.
If that’s factual - and I’m guessing it probably is - you should have thought of it first. At least you’ve donated some of your own money.

Those two Hysterics sum up what drives me nuts about the IU athletic department. They’re embarrassing and don’t represent the school well. Yet IU gives them Assembly Hall for an event and lets them run around and interact with players and recruits. Their website is terrible. They aren’t transparent with donors like the promise on their site. It’s all second rate and it is associated with IU.

Yes they raise money, but it’s not hard. IU should limiting their access significantly so they’re like any other fan. IU should find some other people they can support to do the same thing — sort of spin up a professional version of the HH’s.

If that’s factual - and I’m guessing it probably is - you should have thought of it first. At least you’ve donated some of your own money.
I am not close to the most active person on this message board. I have no desire to be wrapped up in podcasts and trying to get players and others to do things. I don’t have the time or desire. I need my time to make money so I can donate to NIL.

I signed almost every player on the team to 5 or more interviews the first year. I wound up doing one with each all in the same day because it was such a pain in the ass.

Much easier for me to give X a lump sum to go visit some kids once.

I am not close to the most active person on this message board. I have no desire to be wrapped up in podcasts and trying to get players and others to do things. I don’t have the time or desire. I need my time to make money so I can donate to NIL.

I signed almost every player on the team to 5 or more interviews the first year. I wound up doing one with each all in the same day because it was such a pain in the ass.

Much easier for me to give X a lump sum to go visit some kids once.
Totally understand. Because I’ve only heard negatives about those idiots, I’ve never actually taken the time to watch a second of any of their nonsense. Tried to watch a bit of that thing they did with RMK a couple years ago, but immediately clicked out when seeing their foolish little outfits. Was embarrassed for the legendary coach to have gotten conned into participating.

Is this really their full-time gig? If so, the accounting of their money grab needs some serious scrutiny. That lack of transparency seems ripe for financial manipulation. Surely some genius at IU has had this thought, right?

Why are you so jealous of those 2? Their access, cogent analysis, great podcasts, sense of humor, or what?
It's not their fault we aren't recruiting players that can't shoot or play D.

It makes me puke because I knew this would happen. I said IU would vault into the likes of UK KU UNC immediately when NIL happened. I knew that our boosters would compete with anyone in the country.

The problem is we have now given all that power and money to form a team to idiots it seems. This season is the worst one we have had post Knight IMO. Just a massive underachieving mess due to incompetence, stubbornness, and just plain stupidity.
Coaching matters.

They did just post the 700k number finally, but it took a lot for that to happen. He also promised to give full transparency soon. Doubt it will happen.
The $700k was total given out? Or total taken in? Again, I’m out of the loop with these goofballs.

Why are you so jealous of those 2? Their access, cogent analysis, great podcasts, sense of humor, or what?
It's not their fault we aren't recruiting players that can't shoot or play D.
I don’t like my university being represented by a guy that dances around, smoke cigars, and says kensucky and turdue while tweeting at our recruits.

It is embarrassing.

Suffice it to say, it's more than just the basketball team, it's the university culture there now. There are many good people as always, they're just not in charge any more.

If the NCAA no longer has any power, what’s stopping someone taking a class for the next 15 years, knowing they can’t make it in the NBA, but continuing to play in college.

If the NCAA no longer has any power, what’s stopping someone taking a class for the next 15 years, knowing they can’t make it in the NBA, but continuing to play in college.
When the power conferences elect a commissioner in a few years they will set rules of only 4 years max I am sure. It is all about to change even more. We got 4 new teams next year? About to be UCLA vs IU baby. Can’t wait to hear the complaints when we go on the Oregon court.

Im all for athletes trying to get their $, but for those who make a certain amount of money from the NIL should have their academic scholarships revoked! Make them pay for their education if they can afford it! Maybe give those scholarships for students who will have a career outside of professional athletic sports, like doctors or scientists!? NCAA has screwed up bigtime, but I’m sure some laws will later come into place in the future to level the NIL playing field.

Do they even have to take classes? Once upon a time a student athlete had to maintain a certain grade point average to remain eligible. Is that still the case?

Keep these kids away from the sharks.

I gotta think a lot of these kids/families will assume that NIL is the start of a long line of money rolling in, only to be disappointed by reality in 3-4 years...and hopefully not with Adrian Peterson sized debt, i.e.

But I don't think we've "opened the door" so much as we've "undrawn the curtain" w this stuff. It's always been huge $. Where there's huge $, there are money makers and takers.

I think all $ should be traceable, though. I don't want any more Citizens United nonsense in the world where money can remain dark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT