ADVERTISEMENT

Ummmm what? US PMCs invade Venezuela?

• Thread starter anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
  • Start date
Did someone decide to reenact the Bay of Pigs? The CEO of Silvercorp doesn't seem to deny something was going on. CNBC and The Guardian have almost identical stories to this one.
One of the best lessons I self-learned when I left the Army was that I had other skills as a result of my experiences and that I could bring them to bear into other industries. The guys that don’t let go of being “tuff” have a hard time and there is so much downside and risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best lessons I self-learned when I left the Army was that I had other skills as a result of my experiences and that I could bring them to bear into other industries. The guys that don’t let go to being “tuff” have a hard time and there is so much downside and risk.

What are potential legal consequences for this Jordan guy?

One of the best lessons I self-learned when I left the Army was that I had other skills as a result of my experiences and that I could bring them to bear into other industries. The guys that don’t let go to being “tuff” have a hard time and there is so much downside and risk.

Does mercenary pay really well? The downside seems so extreme that I can't fathom why people would do it. There are so many more protections for being in the armed forces of a nation. But of course, not much pay.

Does mercenary pay really well? The downside seems so extreme that I can't fathom why people would do it. There are so many more protections for being in the armed forces of a nation. But of course, not much pay.
Mercenary pay used to be quite high when I was getting out but I don’t know if it stayed that way. A few of my guys gave it a whirl briefly but they all left.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
What are potential legal consequences for this Jordan guy?

The Geneva Convention specifically gives no legal protections to mercenaries. There may be other treaties, but I don't know of any. I think it is very bad news for him. I suspect though there will be back channel negotiations and the US will give up something to get him back (of course with plausible deniability).

The Geneva Convention specifically gives no legal protections to mercenaries. There may be other treaties, but I don't know of any. I think it is very bad news for him. I suspect though there will be back channel negotiations and the US will give up something to get him back (of course with plausible deniability).
Jordan is the “mastermind” - and Canadian by the way - of the op and is sitting comfortably in the US. His two mercs are probably being tortured in VZ right now. He also says others involved in the op, likely not American were killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: muubell
I read a few weeks ago that this Jordan guy was in talks with senior members of the Trump admin. Larry Kudlow if I'm not mistaken.
I couldn't find anything in a search of "Jordan Goudreau" and "Larry Kudlow". Do you have any links to follow up on?

Jordan is the “mastermind” - and Canadian by the way - of the op and is sitting comfortably in the US. His two mercs are probably being tortured in VZ right now. He also says others involved in the op, likely not American were killed.

Ah, I recalled his last name was like Goudreau so I assumed Jordan was the last name of one of the mercs. I did not realize someone was on a first name basis... :).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT