ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Criminal defendants don't have a right to know what they're being accused of? That's your position?
I don't believe anything your twitter twits post

Them being right is about the same odds of Payton Sparks swishing 3 pointers and Uncle Mark doing 360 dunks not with nerf balls.

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
What if you introduce people like Zeke and Aloha and Comic (scream team) comments about Trump being a slut, rapist and unfit to be president.... BEFORE this story came out. Do you think that Stormy $ and an accounting report would have changed their stance? Even affect it in anyway?
Those who hated, need to check their own house. This was fuel for the hatred fire, not somthing to change any fence straddlers opinions.
That doesn’t make sense. I can’t not vote for him twice in the same election. I knew he was unfit before hearing anything about Stormy or Karen.

Trump also said he will repeal and replace Obamacare and build a big beautiful wall from San Diego to Brownsville and make Mexico pay for it.

Trump lies and owes it to the country to take the witness stand in one of his many cases -- I don't care which. It will do the country good to see that old lying sack of shit get up there and make a fool of himself.
He'll never testify. He'd perjure himself within the first minute and likely provide testimony that would, in turn, constitute a basis for additional criminal charges. He's every defense attorney's worst nightmare.

He's a despicable, destructive person who isn't worthy of serving as town dogcatcher. He's already undermined Americans' faith in our electoral system. Now he's taking his wrecking ball to the judicial system. He's made a mockery of the system and has extended a giant middle finger to the judges, prosecutors and other law enforcement involved in his cases. He's even put family members of court officials at risk. He keeps violating the gag order and is basically daring the judge to fine him or put him in the slammer so he can fund-raise off his martyrdom. Even mob bosses don't do this. He just doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone other than himself, and he'll burn the whole thing down if he thinks that's what it takes to avoid a conviction and/or a sentence that includes incarceration.

I'm with Mark Cuban. I'll vote for Biden over this trash even if Biden is receiving the last rites.

i don't give a shit. i hope trump gets off. i can't stand these goofy ass liberal prosecutors. i think he should seek an alford and stick it right in the judge's face and say i'm the republican nominee leading in the polls to be the president. sentence me. you. let's go. the entire country is watching you and you alone.
Of course you do. You've already posted 8-10 times in this very thread.

A hung jury is a possibility, especially for the felonies, so he might not get convicted in this trial. If that happens, he might face a retrial.

But it doesn't look like the misdemeanor falsification charges are very complicated. Being convicted on 30+ misdemeanors in a single trial is a real possibility too.

If he's convicted, I hope Trump says exactly what you suggested that he say. That judge isn't going to back down from Trump.

No he hasn't. Trump has been investigated more than any man in history and they still can't prove any crime. Meanwhile Dems get away with actual murder. Murder. And then you still come on here and preach about having one system of justice and no one above the law.

Remind me when Baldwin ran for President? And no, he hasn’t been investigated nearly enough. He paid people off , like Stormy, or threatened them. James Woods? Lol. Your brain long ago has turned to mush. Did Trump do it , or were you like that before?

This is the part I don’t get. The argument is that the election WOULD HAVE turned out differently had Trump not paid off Daniels, if i understand it correctly. IE, the public would have known about the affair and may have voted differently.

Therefore, its election fraud.

But how can that be proven? That’s like proving the existence of something that doesn’t exist. There’s no way to PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that the election would have turned out differently.

What am I missing?
Oh I agree there is no way to prove it could have turned the election.

He'll never testify. He'd perjure himself within the first minute and likely provide testimony that would, in turn, constitute a basis for additional criminal charges. He's every defense attorney's worst nightmare.

He's a despicable, destructive person who isn't worthy of serving as town dogcatcher. He's already undermined Americans' faith in our electoral system. Now he's taking his wrecking ball to the judicial system. He's made a mockery of the system and has extended a giant middle finger to the judges, prosecutors and other law enforcement involved in his cases. He's even put family members of court officials at risk. He keeps violating the gag order and is basically daring the judge to fine him or put him in the slammer so he can fund-raise off his martyrdom. Even mob bosses don't do this. He just doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone other than himself, and he'll burn the whole thing down if he thinks that's what it takes to avoid a conviction and/or a sentence that includes incarceration.

I'm with Mark Cuban. I'll vote for Biden over this trash even if Biden is receiving the last rites.
I wonder if the court can impose any penalties on Trump other than fines and imprisonment.

i don't give a shit. i hope trump gets off. i can't stand these goofy ass liberal prosecutors. i think he should seek an alford and stick it right in the judge's face and say i'm the republican nominee leading in the polls to be the president. sentence me. you. let's go. the entire country is watching you and you alone.
And more than half the country would cheer if they finally put him behind bars where he belongs.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You realize that this is a GUEST opinion that happens to be platformed in the NYT, and not someone at the times who wrote that editorial.. Right?

In addition after reading thru the parts that I could obtain thru the payroll, I don't think Prof Shugerman (Law, BU) is saying exactly what you and the idiots responding on twitter believe he is saying. He's saying initially he thought the case was lacking in foundation, but now he's revised that opinion.

When he cites a "historic mistake" he's not saying Trump is innocent and should not be charged. Rather what he seems to be saying is that it was a mistake to base the case on state, rather than Federal charges

"Both the misdemeanor and felony charges require that the defendant made the false record with “intent to defraud.” A year ago, I wondered how entirely internal business records (the daily ledger, pay stubs and invoices) could be the basis of any fraud if they are not shared with anyone outside the business. I suggested that the real fraud was Mr. Trump’s filing an (allegedly) false report to the Federal Election Commission, and only federal prosecutors had jurisdiction over that filing.
A recent conversation with Jeffrey Cohen, a friend, Boston College law professor and former prosecutor, made me think that the case could turn out to be more legitimate than I had originally thought. The reason has to do with those allegedly falsified business records: Most of them were entered in early 2017, generally before Mr. Trump filed his Federal Election Commission report that summer. Mr. Trump may have foreseen an investigation into his campaign, leading to its financial records. Mr. Trump may have falsely recorded these internal records before the F.E.C. filing as consciously part of the same fraud: to create a consistent paper trail and to hide intent to violate federal election laws, or defraud the F.E.C."

Boy did they do a job on you whoooo

tumblr_oj6othLvVH1ulkd8uo3_500.gif

Having tabloids post lies about your opponent, and getting the ok to help your campaign sounds like election interference to me, Sorry.
So the tabloids are the problem? I guess it’s okay if campaign operatives arrange for NYT, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, and WaPo. (Not to mention 51, credentialed former intelligence officers) to shut up an incriminating lap top story isn’t election interference?

Of course you do. You've already posted 8-10 times in this very thread.

A hung jury is a possibility, especially for the felonies, so he might not get convicted in this trial. If that happens, he might face a retrial.

But it doesn't look like the misdemeanor falsification charges are very complicated. Being convicted on 30+ misdemeanors in a single trial is a real possibility too.

If he's convicted, I hope Trump says exactly what you suggested that he say. That judge isn't going to back down from Trump.
True he may have to pay a $750 fine on those misds as he’s leaving

Having tabloids place favorable stories about you isn’t a crime. Sorry.
Do you think Pecker would have taken an immunity deal and only testified under subpoena if he thought he had not participated in a criminal enterprise?

I love all these ridiculous claims that none of the charges in any of the cases have any substance and "Trump did nothing wrong". When people you were involved with can't wait to take plea deals rather than be charged with all of these crimes that "aren't crimes" it's kind of hard to claim you didn't do anything wrong.

Again if he didn't know that he was involved in crimes why did Pecker feel that he needed immunity? None of these cases would have ever been brought without the corraboration of witnesses who are mainly friends of Trump, MAGA types or both...

Reactions: Bill4411
So the tabloids are the problem? I guess it’s okay if campaign operatives arrange for NYT, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, and WaPo. (Not to mention 51, credentialed former intelligence officers) to shut up an incriminating lap top story isn’t election interference?
You keep referring to the "lap top story" as if it's verified facts. You may want to hold off on that, peruse the statements that Alexander Smirnov has given to investigators, and wait until his trial to see how that all shakes out. It was Trump's DOJ that felt some of the info he was providing was a little sketchy, with details that didn't make a lot of sense.

Probably not. Keep Hope Alive.
We better hope not. My god could you imagine more Biden. Gas through the roof. Inflation stuck. Prices stuck. Houses stuck. Trying to go back to trump border policies. Electric vehicles a bust. Global affairs a bust. Anything Biden touches turns to shit. Worse he can’t even pick decent people around him. Harris is the backup plan. Pray trump delays all of this until the election. Biden in 2027 telling the world his uncle was turned into a newt. The president of PNG was like wtf is wrong with this guy. He’s an embarrassment

Do you think Pecker would have taken an immunity deal and only testified under subpoena if he thought he had not participated in a criminal enterprise?
Yes. Even illegitimate charges are extremely onerous.
I love all these ridiculous claims that none of the charges in any of the cases have any substance and "Trump did nothing wrong".
that’s not the test. The question is whether politically motivated prosecutors and judges are abusing the judicial process to achieve an objective not intended by the law.

We better hope not. My god could you imagine more Biden. Gas through the roof. Inflation stuck. Prices stuck. Houses stuck. Trying to go back to trump border policies. Electric vehicles a bust. Global affairs a bust. Anything Biden touches turns to shit. Worse he can’t even pick decent people around him. Harris is the backup plan. Pray trump delays all of this until the election. Biden in 2027 telling the world his uncle was turned into a newt. The president of PNG was like wtf is wrong with this guy. He’s an embarrassment
But not nearly the embarrassment Trump is. Just ask anyone who worked for him… like his VP to start with.

It's not having the effect the deep state planned. And this is a far left poll that has always vastly underestimated Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
True, capone didn't try to overthrow the govt so he wasn't quite as bad.

Trump is 100x more dangerous than capone given his takeover of the gop and their sheep
Capone was responsible for more than 200 murders. Stop the stupidity. You want to ascribe deaths and crime to defunding the police and bail projects and the summer of love riots and the millions we know nothing about crossing the border and compare which party is more dangerous?.

This is a ridiculous case. A total whackjob political prosecution.

The federal cases actually have meat but this is clown show.
Trump has a competent defense team. If the case is complete bullshit, that'll be reflected in the outcome.

This is a ridiculous case. A total whackjob political prosecution.

The federal cases actually have meat but this is clown show.
The DC federal case is garbage too. Both NY cases, the DC case, and the Georgia cases charge violations of statutes for conduct not contemplated by the statutes and apply the statutes in unprecedented ways. Now evidence is percolating to the top of White House political involvement in those prosecutions,, and that also goes for the records case too.

Abusing criminal law because of a Trump political obsession is awful precedent. This will happen again. It is becoming more and more obvious that when it comes to Trump, the democrats and never Trumpers are a group of chickenshits. I don’t want Trump for president either. The way to keep him out of the Oval Office is with a better alternative candidate, not with abusing the judicial process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT