ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
The most likely outcome is a circle jerk amongst a few of the obsessed ones around here.
Anytime someone posts a response like this they're demonstrating how astonishingly stupid they are.

Whether you agree with the prosecution or not, whether you like what's happening or not, a former president of the United States is on trial in criminal court for the first time in history. It's a big news story despite the fact that you, for whatever reason, would rather ignore it.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
I think the most likely outcomes are a guilty verdict or a hung jury. He could get a holdout or two. Zero chance of acquittal.

Reactions: UncleMark
I think the most likely outcomes are a guilty verdict or a hung jury. He could get a holdout or two. Zero chance of acquittal.
It’s a stupid case in a terrible venue for him. He should just go enter an Alford plea and flip the script. Put the onus on this judge in an election year with the republican nominee for president over how he recorded stormy d’s buyout. He can then say he can’t get a fair shake in a state he’d lose anyway and didn’t want to waste time with this bs.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Anytime someone posts a response like this they're demonstrating how astonishingly stupid they are.
wow dude spartans is a good poster and a super nice smart guy. he's a regular contributor not some drive by prick here to take shots. it's spring. beautiful. why so angry over trump. man.

Last edited:
It’s a stupid case in a terrible venue for him. He should just go enter an Alford plea and flip the script. Put the onus on this judge in an election year with the republican nominee for president over how he recorded stormy d’s buyout. He can then say he can’t get a fair shake in a state he’d lose anyway and didn’t want to waste time with this bs.
Why plea? He has a great shot at getting any conviction overturned on appeal.

34 counts falsifying biz records which of course he did. E. Lowest grade felony. Why let a jury handle it and go through all the bs. Cohen etc. Judge won’t jail him. Alford plea.
Apparently falsifying business records is a misdemeanor in New York. It's only a felony because it was done in furtherance of another crime, which is apparently election fraud in some form? I don't see how that really sticks. Trying to keep an affair secret isn't election fraud, it's just normal politics.

Besides, the longer he drags this out, the more he can play the victim. He's going to be winning hard as long as this is going on.

which is apparently election fraud in some form? I don't see how that really sticks.
i get what you're saying but in ny i think he's toast. the judge already ruled that the possible election violations were legally sufficient to move fwd with felony charges. trying to defeat that nexus when a judge already ruled with a ny jury (see carroll) isn't something i'd endure. what's more the timing of all of this and the election related to same harm trump. I don’t think he gains from protracted trials - even when they are clearly political

Last edited:
Have at it.
Ok who would you?

paula-jones-whose-charges-of-sexual-harassment-led-to-the-impeachment-of-president-bill-clinton.jpg

monica-lewinsky.jpg

s-l1200.webp

• Love
Reactions: BradStevens
wow dude spartans is a good poster and a super nice smart guy. he's a regular contributor not some drive by prick here to take shots. it's spring. beautiful. why so angry over trump. man.
May be a good poster, but that was a bad post.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Whether you agree with the prosecution or not, whether you like what's happening or not, a former president of the United States is on trial in criminal court for the first time in history. It's a big news story despite the fact that you, for whatever reason, would rather ignore it.
I think this discussion of a wide range of subjects on CNN is illuminating.Honig details that he has worked with a member of both the prosecution and the defense team when all 3 spent time at SDNY. He characterizes both teams as competent professionals, unlike previous Trump defense teams which included clowns like Habba, Rudy and Sidney Powell.

Also the fact that the person describing Merchan is Judge Jill Konviser who herself is a former NY State Supreme Court Justice. She is a longtime friend of Merchan's and served as a Justice on the NY Supreme Court for 12 yrs herself. So it's interesting to hear her predict how the trial will proceed based on knowing Merchan for the 15 yrs he's been on the bench...

According to several reports, Trump appears to be taking his anti-woke stance very seriously. He’s sleeping.
CNN described the scene outside the building as a circus with pro and anti-Trump demonstrators facing off. They also mentioned that some of the pro-Trump folks were "circling the courthose", which struck me as appropriate, if not stereotypical.

CNN described the scene outside the building as a circus with pro and anti-Trump demonstrators facing off. They also mentioned that some of the pro-Trump folks were "circling the courthose", which struck me as appropriate, if not stereotypical.
So dumb. What a stupid political trial. Waste.

Reactions: 76-1
i get what you're saying but in ny i think he's toast. the judge already ruled that the possible election violations were legally sufficient to move fwd with felony charges. trying to defeat that nexus when a judge already ruled with a ny jury (see carroll) isn't something i'd endure. what's more the timing of all of this and the election related to same harm trump. I don’t think he gains from protracted trials - even when they are clearly political
Well, whoever is right, he'll probably fight it to the end, anyway, just because he's stubborn.

Well, whoever is right, he'll probably fight it to the end, anyway, just because he's stubborn.

narcissistic. i think it's a true disorder and why he does so many things that run counter to what should just be basic common sense
Nope. Remember his famous speech from 2017. Never give in. Never back down. Never quit. Never stop fighting. That's Trump.

He's a man of his words.

Nope. Remember his famous speech from 2017. Never give in. Never back down. Never quit. Never stop fighting. That's Trump.

He's a man of his words.

THAT'S WHY HE'S THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO ****ING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure when people think of never quitting they have doing bad things and then fighting it to the death in mind

THAT'S WHY HE'S THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO ****ING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure when people think of never quitting they have doing bad things and then fighting it to the death in mind
Right. Like, "You know, they all said I should stop doing black tar heroin, but I'm no quitter. I'm going to keep going, and in fact, I'm going to do even more heroin, just to prove I can."

Make a motivational video out of that.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Oh, he'll definitely be found guilty. I was just thinking it's a weak-ass case, and once you get it out of the hands of the jury and in the hands of some smarter-than-thou appeals judges, it might get tossed out.
i get that. i'd rather say i'm innocent but i'm going to play along and submit an alford and now you judge. one guy. i'm pointing only at you. the whole world is looking at you. you be the one to throw the republican nominee for president who half of the country wants with zero priors in jail

he'll get probation

i get that. i'd rather say i'm innocent but i'm going to play along and submit an alford and now you judge. one guy. i'm pointing only at you. the whole world is looking at you. you be the one to throw the republican nominee for president who half of the country wants with zero priors in jail

he'll get probation
Does he really want probation? I don't think there's anything that could possibly help Trump's election chances more than a picture of him behind bars. He gets locked up, and he easily gets 330+ EVs.

Edit: I was just looking at the electoral map, and that was too hyperbolic. 330 appears to be the max possible for a Republican, no matter what.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Does he really want probation? I don't think there's anything that could possibly help Trump's election chances more than a picture of him behind bars. He gets locked up, and he easily gets 330+ EVs.
As you know the awful, crooked, woke judge sentenced me to report to jail may 15. but i have HUUUGE news. The producers of 60 Days In have contacted me and want to film my stay. This is really, really big stuff. And I'm of course honored. I've also lifted the commissary cap on treats so we'll have that nicely stocked for our friends doing time with me. You know I love snoballs.

he'll get probation
Only a complete coward would plead guilty to something he didn't do. And when world's #1 Trump hater John Bolton, also Yale law grad and former assistant AG, goes on CNN and calls the charges completely frivolous you know it's all BS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT