And her partner doing closing
Or this guy

raiders lawyer GIF

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I loved the ad he did where he changed the punctuation to:

Works on contingency?

No. Money Down!
I love when he went with homer to a settlement conf and all the lawyers are around the table and opposing counsel says I’m going to write down a settlement offer and folds a piece of paper and slides it across the table to hutz. Hutz opens it and goes to homer hmmmmm we better take this. And the number was 0. 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
We have a very good idea by reading her motions and response briefs; the transcript; her own evidentiary ignorance (which was astounding), and her overall legal acumen. Her line of questioning was baffling.

She was losing the case regardless, but she firmly established that she was well over her skis before the trial began. It only got worse. What astounds me is how in the world was she hired.
Would she be responsible if it turns out Trump told her which strategy to follow, which legal points to make, which witnesses to call etc. etc.? Habba may not be a great lawyer but I doubt Trump gave her full latitude to decide how to run the case.

If Trump called the shots, I don't see how he could sue her for the bad outcome.

You get nuttier by the day. I’ve never heard her speak, no nothing of her personality, and only seen her pics on the internet and still feel confident to say that she’s probably 40 and in the top 1 percent in that age group and up. I’m not into older women but I would meet her for happy hour and see if I could tolerate whatever her voice and personality are. Hopefully she has vocal fry. I like that
She's 39 years old.

Would she be responsible if it turns out Trump told her which strategy to follow, which legal points to make, which witnesses to call etc. etc.? Habba may not be a great lawyer but I doubt Trump gave her full latitude to decide how to run the case.

If Trump called the shots, I don't see how he could sue her for the bad outcome.
Well he certainly didn’t tell her to **** up her ability to get evidence in or object to evidence. Or to waive objections. Or to cross examine witnesses in such a barbaric manner with little to no point.

As to your point, if the lawyer disagrees With client on strategy, the lawyer has an obligation to advise the client as to ramifications or provide alternates.

Her courtroom behavior aside, she was dog shit. Bit off way more than she could chew, and it showed. But this wasn't the first rodeo where she has done that with him.....

Malpractice is negligence plus direct and proximate cause plus damages. As McMmutry correctly pointed out that proximate cause would be a problem because of the nature of the case and the collateral estoppel of the defamatory statements as ruled by the previous matter. It was a dog, and even if collateral estoppel didn't apply, he was going to lose anyway. The question is by how much. She should have withdrawn a long time ago.....

Reactions: BradStevens

Trump wasn't going to prevail in that case even with a good trial lawyer, and he's not going to go after Habba. He's got bigger problems, with a verdict in the civil fraud case now pushed back to mid-February. The dollar amount there may make the E. Jean Carroll case look like small potatoes.

Just read that his PACs spent $50 million (not a typo) in legal fees in 2023. Some of that is big donor money, but much of it is $50 and $100 contributions from paycheck-to-paycheck MAGA fans. As long as he keeps the con game going, he'll be able to stay afloat.

Well he certainly didn’t tell her to **** up her ability to get evidence in or object to evidence. Or to waive objections. Or to cross examine witnesses in such a barbaric manner with little to no point.
Very likely on items in the first two sentences. The third, I wouldn't necessarily say that Trump didn't have a hand in though.

As to your point, if the lawyer disagrees With client on strategy, the lawyer has an obligation to advise the client as to ramifications or provide alternates.

Even if she did, do you really think that Trump wouldn't have bulldozed her into doing it his way anyway? In the grand scheme of things, I don't think that Trump really cares that much about the money or the fact he lost. The entire purpose of him being in that courtroom was to expand on the narrative about how corrupt the system is and how he is being unfairly treated.

This was all just political theater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT