ADVERTISEMENT

Who is keeping George out of jail?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So amidst the ongoing Trump train wreck it's easy to lose sight of the fact that FFPTITIDT is not the only current GOP politician under indictment for serious crimes... Trump has stolen the limelight,at least temporarily, but the Santos situation could be on the brink of renewed exposure in the headlines...At the very least, we're about to have the answers to the question I posed in the title publicly revealed...

To catch up, Santos in his preliminary court appearance had bond set at $500,000 and 3 guarantors stepped forward to provide the funds. This allowed Santos to be freed from pre trial confinement and still vote in the House despite being under a 3 count indictment.

At the time, Santos requested the names be sealed, on the basis that the gurantors were family members who feared being harrassed. Santos also claimed he'd rather go to jail then expose his "family members" to the type of hate and vitrol he had been exposed to (and openly courted, btw). Supposedly mobs of angry leftists would swarm these folks' houses in anger that they guaranteed Georgie Boy's bail... From a Fox account...

"Murray said he publicly notified the House Ethics Committee that those who signed his bond were family members and not lobbyists, donors, or others seeking to influence Santos, and he was willing to do the same in court documents. CBS News reported that the House Ethics Committee is also seeking to learn the identities of the individuals who helped Santos post bond and be released from custody ahead of trial, as the panel investigates any possible violation of the House Gift Rule."

But various media outlets sued to get the names, and the judge in the case decided there was no legitimate reason to keep the names hidden. She ruled a few weeks back, but had given Santos time to appeal (no one was impressed by his "argument") and has set tomorrow (6/22) as the date of release. The reasoning is that if the guarantors are worried they'll be harassed, then they have time to drop out or somehow otherwise alter the agreement between his "family members"...

Of course Santos is lying, and I notice they have already scaled back the initial statement of "Family members" and revised the claim to "at least one family member".Now anyone who believes these are kind hearted Santos family members who came up with $500K, then I've got a George Santos Volleyball Championship trophy to sell you- cheap.

We always knew the guarantors were likely rich right wing types, but there is growing speculation it may be a little more involved and sinister. After I saw this piece with Goldman and Landsman where Russia was mentioned, I googled to see what I could find...

There are several accounts available. But open secrets are the folks who do this type of financial investigating for a living, and as the kids say "they brought the deets"...

His father is not going to be harassed. If anything he will Garner a great deal of sympathy for having a son that is such a dick.

So amidst the ongoing Trump train wreck it's easy to lose sight of the fact that FFPTITIDT is not the only current GOP politician under indictment for serious crimes... Trump has stolen the limelight,at least temporarily, but the Santos situation could be on the brink of renewed exposure in the headlines...At the very least, we're about to have the answers to the question I posed in the title publicly revealed...

To catch up, Santos in his preliminary court appearance had bond set at $500,000 and 3 guarantors stepped forward to provide the funds. This allowed Santos to be freed from pre trial confinement and still vote in the House despite being under a 3 count indictment.

At the time, Santos requested the names be sealed, on the basis that the gurantors were family members who feared being harrassed. Santos also claimed he'd rather go to jail then expose his "family members" to the type of hate and vitrol he had been exposed to (and openly courted, btw). Supposedly mobs of angry leftists would swarm these folks' houses in anger that they guaranteed Georgie Boy's bail... From a Fox account...

"Murray said he publicly notified the House Ethics Committee that those who signed his bond were family members and not lobbyists, donors, or others seeking to influence Santos, and he was willing to do the same in court documents. CBS News reported that the House Ethics Committee is also seeking to learn the identities of the individuals who helped Santos post bond and be released from custody ahead of trial, as the panel investigates any possible violation of the House Gift Rule."

But various media outlets sued to get the names, and the judge in the case decided there was no legitimate reason to keep the names hidden. She ruled a few weeks back, but had given Santos time to appeal (no one was impressed by his "argument") and has set tomorrow (6/22) as the date of release. The reasoning is that if the guarantors are worried they'll be harassed, then they have time to drop out or somehow otherwise alter the agreement between his "family members"...

Of course Santos is lying, and I notice they have already scaled back the initial statement of "Family members" and revised the claim to "at least one family member".Now anyone who believes these are kind hearted Santos family members who came up with $500K, then I've got a George Santos Volleyball Championship trophy to sell you- cheap.

We always knew the guarantors were likely rich right wing types, but there is growing speculation it may be a little more involved and sinister. After I saw this piece with Goldman and Landsman where Russia was mentioned, I googled to see what I could find...

There are several accounts available. But open secrets are the folks who do this type of financial investigating for a living, and as the kids say "they brought the deets"...

Guess it wasn’t nearly as sinister as it was in your mind.

Apparently Santos took the same tact as a few here, with regards to the seriousness of possible indictments coming his way. He may have had a chance to take plea bargains like a couple of staffers, but a superceding indictment of 23 new counts just dropped today by the DOJ sounds like he could do some serious time.

Identity theft,credit card fraud, stealing $$ from contributors by running their cards without permission. Wire fraud,money laundering, conspiracy to defraud contributors...Wonder if he's smirking tonight?

With his next court appearance set for late Oct, he could overlap the GA trials of Sydney Powell and Ken Chesboro in Atlanta. Not to mention Trump's ongoing civil lawsuit...

Oct is shaping up to be a real MAGA month... Goblins galore...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT