ADVERTISEMENT

Trump should not visit Springfield, Ohio

I wouldn't think it would be a problem for Trump to visit a normal city, but you and that Ohio moron claim it's a dangerous place for him.

Make up your mind.
It’s a fact Springfield’s resources and infrastructure are strained. No is blaming Trump for that, but given what we know - and what Springfield’s mayor and Ohio’s governor have said - Trump would put even more stress on an already stretched police force.

No one is debating these facts. Why are you having difficulty understanding this?

I went there a couple months ago to see a musical at the Clark State Performing Arts Center downtown. We had a decent time.

Not saying it's on my bucket list to go back, but I didn't walk out of there thinking "What a freaking Bleep-hole of a city that has been overrun by foreigners!!"
I don’t feel that way about it now. I was just back visiting my family a few weeks ago. I’ve never thought it was a tourist destination though.

How long after the visit before he says anonymous people were coming up and telling him how bad things are?

I don’t feel that way about it now. I was just back visiting my family a few weeks ago. I’ve never thought it was a tourist destination though.

I grew up in a near a town of around 80,090 people (Owensboro) surrounded by towns of 10,000.or less. Owensboro was certainly no tourist destination but if was certainly the place for business for the tiny towns. Is Springfield like that?

How long after the visit before he says anonymous people were coming up and telling him how bad things are?
He'll make up stories about it when he's on stage at his rally there. If we're lucky he'll resurrect his 'big, strong man with tears streaming down his face' telling him, 'Sir, it's so bad here' schtick.

It’s a fact Springfield’s resources and infrastructure are strained. No is blaming Trump for that, but given what we know - and what Springfield’s mayor and Ohio’s governor have said - Trump would put even more stress on an already stretched police force.

No one is debating these facts. Why are you having difficulty understanding this?
I understand you don't want Trump to visit there because it will help him politically.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
I grew up in a near a town of around 80,090 people (Owensboro) surrounded by towns of 10,000.or less. Owensboro was certainly no tourist destination but if was certainly the place for business for the tiny towns. Is Springfield like that?
Sort of? I'd guess people in neighboring communities like South Charleston and Urbana probably do come into town for grocery shopping, but the Upper Valley Mall closed within the last 5-10 years. The town's Target and Dick's closed around the same time. Springfield is sort of midway between Columbus and Dayton (a little closer to Dayton), so I'd guess a lot of retail shoppers head to one of those cities.

Reactions: sobester
Sort of? I'd guess people in neighboring communities like South Charleston and Urbana probably do come into town for grocery shopping, but the Upper Valley Mall closed within the last 5-10 years. The town's Target and Dick's closed around the same time. Springfield is sort of midway between Columbus and Dayton (a little closer to Dayton), so I'd guess a lot of retail shoppers head to one of those cities.

We grocery shopped in our town (Hartford) but if we wanted clothes, sports stuff, electronics, a theater with more than one screen, etc., we went to Owensboro or Bowling Green.

He'll make up stories about it when he's on stage at his rally there. If we're lucky he'll resurrect his 'big, strong man with tears streaming down his face' telling him, 'Sir, it's so bad here' schtick.
He could just watch the town hall meetings if he wants those kind of testimonials.

Reactions: DANC
I understand you don't want Trump to visit there because it will help him politically.
If that's what you're getting out of what I'm posting here, I don't know what to tell you. I don't think it'll help him much at all and have sort of said as much in this thread. He's very likely already going to win Ohio. Unless his plan is to personally catch Haitians eating cats and dogs red handed, I don't think a visit to Springfield is going to move the needle much for him. In fact, some of the reasons I've stated he shouldn't go could hurt him politically.

Actually, if he wants to spend the next 5 or 6 weeks doing whistle stop tours in Ohio, he should have at it. Columbus has a west-African immigrant population he could pick on. He should set up a campaign HQ there.

If that's what you're getting out of what I'm posting here, I don't know what to tell you. I don't think it'll help him much at all and have sort of said as much in this thread. He's very likely already going to win Ohio. Unless his plan is to personally catch Haitians eating cats and dogs red handed, I don't think a visit to Springfield is going to move the needle much for him. In fact, some of the reasons I've stated he shouldn't go could hurt him politically.

Actually, if he wants to spend the next 5 or 6 weeks doing whistle stop tours in Ohio, he should have at it. Columbus has a west-African immigrant population he could pick on. He should set up a campaign HQ there.
You're not that difficult to figure out

He's never said he doesn't disagree with you. Making up stories in your head again?
So because you haven't seen him post about disagreeing with me that makes it so? Well, I have news for you. I've never seen you post that you haven't had sexual relations with farm animals.

My point was just that if they had picked Owensboro instead instead of Sprinfield to make up a story I could see how it would hurt businesses.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Trump visiting and causing massive headaches for locals is just a metaphor.

And Danc, since you were fascinated, if we really wanted to do some fancy shoppin or eatin we’d go to Nashville or Louisville.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
So because you haven't seen him post about disagreeing with me that makes it so? Well, I have news for you. I've never seen you post that you haven't had sexual relations with farm animals.
Sexual relations with farm animals isn't the topic. And I didn't start a post about how dangerous Springfield is for Trump.

And Danc, since you were fascinated, if we really wanted to do some fancy shoppin or eatin we’d go to Nashville or Louisville.
I've been to Nashville and would go back any time.

Louisville you can have all to yourself.

Do you know any good burgoo places?

For the better part of the last week or so, Trump has been promising to visit Springfield, Ohio.

This is a monumentally bad idea.

Both the Republican governor of Ohio and mayor of Springfield have asked him not to come. Springfield’s resources are already overburdened and they’ve been relying on state high patrol to fill in gaps for every day police work. Couple that with recent failings of his secret service detail and it’s a recipe for one giant shit show. I really hope he stays away.

On top of all those concerns, Ohio isn’t a battleground state. His campaign could be better served by spending time elsewhere.

That said, as dumb and ill advised it is to go there, I fully expect him to do it. If, God forbid, something crazy happens when he’s there it won’t be because of some far left secret plan. He and his campaign fully know what the situation is.
Let him do it. His campaign is sinking and he'll likely make more dumb anti-immigrant comments. His poll numbers keep dropping and he keeps doing the same dumb shit. This will just sink him further with just over a month to go. Have at it, Donald, you be you.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Let him do it. His campaign is sinking and he'll likely make more dumb anti-immigrant comments. His poll numbers keep dropping and he keeps doing the same dumb shit. This will just sink him further with just over a month to go. Have at it, Donald, you be you.
Bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT