ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is now selling Bibles..

Trump is a Christian in name only. I'd argue that his promotion of the "God Bless the USA Bible" (I can't believe I'm even writing that) isn't merely ridiculous - - it's sacrilegious.

Let's start with his "Happy Holy Week!" salutation. That's as inappropriate as greeting a Jew with "Happy Yom Kippur!" on their day of atonement. It's proof he doesn't have a clue as to the meaning of Holy Week and how it's marked by practicing Christians. Holy Week is intended to be a time of penitence, self-denial, self-reflection, and meditation regarding the suffering and death of Christ. The "happy" doesn't come until the resurrection, commemorated on Easter Sunday.

Then there's the text of the sales pitch itself, set forth in Mark's link. The words "Christian," "Christianity" and "Christian values" appear, but there's no explanation; there's nothing that expands on those terms. He just throws them out like rolls of paper towels at a hurricane briefing.

Next, the website where Trump directs his worshipers notes that "this is the only Bible endorsed by President Trump." That's about as absurd as if OJ Simpson were to endorse a book titled "Healing After Divorce."

Remember Trump is the guy who said he's never asked God for forgiveness and struggled to coherently come up with a favorite biblical passage. And this is a person who purports to be a Christian? What a joke.

Trump will do or say absolutely anything for a buck. He's a greedy, selfish bastard and a hypocrite "like nobody's ever seen before." This is another new low for him.

Especially if he red-lettered it.
I thought ME selling Bibles the summer before my soph year of college was perhaps the most blasphemous example of doing anything for a buck.I was in Greensboro (NC) and I could write a book about the crazy things that happened and all the weird and wonderful people I met that summer. I didn't end up making any money, we took orders early in the summer and were supposed to deliver the orders placed earlier in Aug. But all 4 of us in our particular group ended up quitting, which meant any commission we made went to the people who ended up delivering our products...

But Trump selling Bibles in partnership with Lee Greenwood has to be the most brazen grift yet. The con man who can't name his favorite bible verse (I love them all) or even recount if he prefers the old or new testament. I mean I felt a little bit exploitive when I knocked on doors and encountered sincere people who assumed I was religious, but I at least had a working knowledge of the product, having been raised in a church setting.

And I was working for a legit company (Southwestern) who was well known in the bible producing world. Not sleazy Trump partnering with Greenwood in a brazen attempt to capitalize (again) on idiots who are in a rush to part with their $$. Check out the addresses on these hidden Trump-connected LLCs designed to facilitate the grift. As well as some of the classics, immortalized forever...

I think if I were a devout Christian I'd be angry at this shameless, pathetic insult to my intelligence...

Haha. Got to pay off all those lawyers and fines. What better way to do it than exploiting the morons?
Smart. Years ago, 1987, 10,000 t-shirts that said Ban the Boz were created when the Seattle Seahawks played the Denver Broncos in Denver. Brian Bosworth against John Elway. 15 bucks a shirt and they sold 10,000. Bozworth was behind the whole scheme. Made a nice bonus and laughed all the way to the bank.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Please, please, please tell me he's claiming this is a new translation from the original Aramaic or Hebrew by Trump himself.
Be great if it comes and it’s laminated. Like those two sided CIVIL PROCEDURE with all the topics highlighted in different colors

$59.99

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
Donald and Ivanka on business trip...

images

Well, now I'm just sad I looked into something.

I saw his advertisement for it and it's the King James Version. Which was odd to me, because although it is the single most common translation people say they read (Statistic), even if I don't believe that is accurate, at 31%, that means 69% (nice) read one of the more contemporary translations.

So why did he pick the KJV? His fidelity to the Word as it was for hundreds of years in English? Color me skeptical.

Then I searched and confirmed what I suspected to be true, that modern translations that are more easily digestible are all still protected by copyright. So the only public domain translation is the KJV.

Not that I needed a lot of convincing that this was a craven money grab, but I'm firmly in that camp now.

I saw his advertisement for it and it's the King James Version. Which was odd to me, because although it is the single most common translation people say they read (Statistic), even if I don't believe that is accurate, at 31%, that means 69% (nice) read one of the more contemporary translations.

So why did he pick the KJV? His fidelity to the Word as it was for hundreds of years in English? Color me skeptical.

Then I searched and confirmed what I suspected to be true, that modern translations that are more easily digestible are all still protected by copyright. So the only public domain translation is the KJV.

Not that I needed a lot of convincing that this was a craven money grab, but I'm firmly in that camp now.
It’s because Trump knows that Jesus spoke in King James English.

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters

As Klepper said last night on the Daily Show: "Buddy, you're not supposed to be doing this embarrassing grifter shit when you're that rich. Just start a private space company like a normal billionaire sociopath."

Also, "I know people will say you're not supposed to mix the Bible and the Constitution, but what you have to understand is that Trump has never read either of them."

SNL should be good this weekend.

Reactions: Ohio Guy and larsIU
“And behold, the libs of the water cooler upon hearing the news tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth…..”
lol

Just entertaining watching the supposed "religious party" support blasphemy

Reactions: UncleMark
“And behold, the libs of the water cooler upon hearing the news tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth…..”
And the MAGA faithful will again open their wallets for the Grim Grifter and gather around their un-American Idol, waiting for him to say what their itching ears want to hear as they wander away to deception and delusion.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Seeing Trump sell Bibles "does provide a parallel to Holy Week, but it's not with Jesus. Trump is doing his best impression of the corrupt moneychangers who profited by ripping off worshippers. Today, much like Jesus overturning the moneychangers' tables, Christians are sick of seeing MAGA's false prophets twist our loving faith for an agenda of hatred and selfishness. The Bible is bigger than any politician, and if Trump really wants to talk about Scripture, I suggest he try actually reading it first. He might actually learn a few things about love, humility, money, and peace."

Seeing Trump sell Bibles "does provide a parallel to Holy Week, but it's not with Jesus. Trump is doing his best impression of the corrupt moneychangers who profited by ripping off worshippers. Today, much like Jesus overturning the moneychangers' tables, Christians are sick of seeing MAGA's false prophets twist our loving faith for an agenda of hatred and selfishness. The Bible is bigger than any politician, and if Trump really wants to talk about Scripture, I suggest he try actually reading it first. He might actually learn a few things about love, humility, money, and peace."

Bit of a tangent, but go to Google Maps & enter 2350 E. 62nd St., Indianapolis, IN.

It's an old Marsh grocery store that sat vacant until Traders Point Christian Church bought & renovated it.

Another development on the south side of the property started more or less in tandem (2370 E. 62nd St.), it's a Chase Bank.

Religious scholars are divided whether Jesus would've wrecked the money changers' stalls if they were set up in the temple parking lot vs. inside the temple. So the world may never know.

lol

Just entertaining watching the supposed "religious party" support blasphemy
Most Republicans don’t claim to be a member of the “religious party.” I don’t recall any Republican of significance saying it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT