ADVERTISEMENT

Trump insults veterans… AGAIN

baileyiu

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2001
Trump: medal of Freedom is Better than Medal of Honor because the soldiers are in bad shape or dead.
Goes along with his comment (quoted by Jeffery Goldberg, The Atlantic): Americans who died in War are “losers” and “suckers”

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Trump: medal of Freedom is Better than Medal of Honor because the soldiers are in bad shape or dead.
Goes along with his comment (quoted by Jeffery Goldberg, The Atlantic): Americans who died in War are “losers” and “suckers”
Did you serve in a military?

I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses and yabbuts coming.

He's such a dumb ass...

Obviously being healthy is "better" than being all shot up or dead. But its so completely unnecessary to make that ridiculous assertion.

This one isn't on the level of the McCain comments, in terms of more proof he's an actual dog shit human being...its more proof that he literally has no clue how important his words are.

Its not endearing. Its not harmless. And if it doesn't bother you when he says things like this...it says a lot about "you"...whoever you is.

He has no respect for the military because he is unable to comprehend personal service and sacrifice. If there's no tangible personal benefit (and, for Trump, "tangible benefit" typically equals $$) for a person's actions, he doesn't get it. He admitted that to John Kelly at Arlington - - "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"

He's cool with young, healthy, good-looking uniformed soldiers standing near him because it is, and always has been, all about image with Trump. But put him near a wounded soldier and he's repulsed. In 2019, General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, chose a severely wounded Army captain, Luis Avila, to sing "God Bless America." Avila had completed five combat tours (pretty much the definition of "service") had lost a leg in an IED attack, suffered two heart attacks, two strokes and brain damage as a result of his injuries (pretty much the definition of "sacrifice"). After Avila sang (with difficulty) "God Bless America" from his wheelchair, Trump walked over to congratulate him, hugged him and later said to Milley, within earshot of a number of witnesses, "Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded." And that, from the Commander-in-Chief? No, he's a new strain of POS.

Anyone who thinks that was an intended insult of soldiers,rather than praise for the recipient,is reaching. I agree it was not necessary,but when he wants to insult someone,he does it directly. Also..obviously there is no benefit to insulting veterans,so that clearly wasn't the intent. Too many butthurt softies around here(dumocrats)

Anyone who thinks that was an intended insult of soldiers,rather than praise for the recipient,is reaching. I agree it was not necessary,but when he wants to insult someone,he does it directly. Also..obviously there is no benefit to insulting veterans,so that clearly wasn't the intent. Too many butthurt softies around here(dumocrats)
It was dumb.

The fact that he needs regular people following behind him to explain the dumb stuff he says...is dumb.

There's never been a benefit to insulting veterans...yet he's done it multiple times.

And when he says really dumb things like this, it forces all of us to remember the actual insulting things he has said.

He's such a treasure trove of ridiculousness, that I had largely forgotten about his McCain comments, and the Gold star family comments... but now I'm thinking about them again.

He, and his campaign, are some of the most brilliant marketers and fascinating personalities...ever. But at the same time, he's one of the more dumb political leaders we've had...ever.

It was dumb.

The fact that he needs regular people following behind him to explain the dumb stuff he says...is dumb.

There's never been a benefit to insulting veterans...yet he's done it multiple times.

And when he says really dumb things like this, it forces all of us to remember the actual insulting things he has said.

He's such a treasure trove of ridiculousness, that I had largely forgotten about his McCain comments, and the Gold star family comments... but now I'm thinking about them again.

He, and his campaign, are some of the most brilliant marketers and fascinating personalities...ever. But at the same time, he's one of the more dumb political leaders we've had...ever.
And yet, still 100x better than the alternative.

And yet, still 100x better than the alternative.
Possibly... has nothing to do with how stupid that comment was though.

Has Harris ever insulted Veterans? Or made dumbass comments about various medals being "better" than other ones?

No clue if she has or hasn't. But I suspect she hasn't. If she has, it was just as dumb as him doing it.

He has no respect for the military because he is unable to comprehend personal service and sacrifice. If there's no tangible personal benefit (and, for Trump, "tangible benefit" typically equals $$) for a person's actions, he doesn't get it. He admitted that to John Kelly at Arlington - - "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"

He's cool with young, healthy, good-looking uniformed soldiers standing near him because it is, and always has been, all about image with Trump. But put him near a wounded soldier and he's repulsed. In 2019, General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, chose a severely wounded Army captain, Luis Avila, to sing "God Bless America." Avila had completed five combat tours (pretty much the definition of "service") had lost a leg in an IED attack, suffered two heart attacks, two strokes and brain damage as a result of his injuries (pretty much the definition of "sacrifice"). After Avila sang (with difficulty) "God Bless America" from his wheelchair, Trump walked over to congratulate him, hugged him and later said to Milley, within earshot of a number of witnesses, "Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded." And that, from the Commander-in-Chief? No, he's a new strain of POS.

Sourcing leftist propaganda rags doesn't mean squat.

Watch any video of President DJT around military and first responders.....they're happy to greet him and have photos taken.

They know he's not responsible for the shit they're having to deal with under the current criminal regime.

That’s a piss poor defense.

This is correct, I know tons of veterans and not one will be offended and several are voting for the Hyena. You can clearly tell when Trump is trying to be insulting or taking jabs and this was not one of those.

Watch any video of President DJT around military and first responders.....they're happy to greet him and have photos taken.

They know he's not responsible for the shit they're having to deal with under the current criminal regime.
No Republican President has been less popular within the military than him. Fact.

Last edited:
This is correct, I know tons of veterans and not one will be offended and several are voting for the Hyena. You can clearly tell when Trump is trying to be insulting or taking jabs and this was not one of those.
Nonsense. I’m a veteran and I guarantee I work with and I’m friends with far more veterans than you. It’s an insult, and it’s one of many. It’s indefensible yet his loyal minions try to defend it. Yours was another piss poor attempt.

I think Biden's health made him worse than her. I don't think she is likely to forget why she is in the situation room.
She knew Biden was in failing health 2 years ago and covered it up,just like the rest of the them. And they did it the way they did so no one could run against her,therefore eliminating the possibility of a vote. The entire democratic party has already started tearing democracy down,and their are people who claim to be intelligent,that still support her. How stupid

Reactions: DANC and Ty Webb iu
She knew Biden was in failing health 2 years ago and covered it up,just like the rest of the them. And they did it the way they did so no one could run against her,therefore eliminating the possibility of a vote. The entire democratic party has already started tearing democracy down,and their are people who claim to be intelligent,that still support her. How stupid
great-day-good-day.gif

25k down payment assistance is about the dumbest shit I have ever heard. How can anyone not see that inflation would be exacerbated greatly by her "policies"? And then she has the nerve to blame farmers and grocery stores for "price gouging" when they make about 1.5% profit nationally. She helped create the problem,and now wants to make it worse. She truly believes her supporters are stupid,and I can't blame her.

Reactions: DANC and Ty Webb iu

I've never understood that, but you are correct, military people seemed to be easily brainwashed. most I've known over the years hated Clinton Obama and Biden but loved the morons who sent them off to war and basically didn't give a shit about them.

There are no redeeming qualities about him. None.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
I've never understood that, but you are correct, military people seemed to be easily brainwashed. most I've known over the years hated Clinton Obama and Biden but loved the morons who sent them off to war and basically didn't give a shit about them.
It’s related to the Repub (strong) v Dem (weak) theory and how joining the strong side of their circle jerk (surrounded by echo chamber) makes them feel more secure about their masculinity.

This isn’t just military though. You see it on this board and the people with flags, dumb shirts and hats, and punisher stickers. That all makes them feel less weak and part of the team.

Reality was that nobody could’ve really done anything, except try to talk Joe into bowing out, but 2 years ago or even a year ago, there’s no way he was going to. It took a very embarrassing public display of his faculties to get enough high profile party leaders to try to get him to finally bow out.

Perhaps if you had nominated a strong candidate, instead of one with a multitude of legal indictments and convictions, this wouldn’t be much of a race, regardless of who the dems nominee is. In other words, this scenario is making it apparent just how bad of a candidate DJT is and how the majority of Americans desperately want someone besides him in the WH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT