ADVERTISEMENT

Truly unbelievable

It's weird to me how sensitive Trump supporters are to anything that doesn't jibe with the Trump, King of Awesome narrative. Literally anything that doesn't polish the Trump turd of a presidency is viewed as being blinded by hate.

It's only a matter of time before one of the MAGA followers makes a "Leave Britney Alone" video similar to that one that dude made for Britney Spears all those years ago.
4794256.jpg

It's weird to me how sensitive Trump supporters are to anything that doesn't jibe with the Trump, King of Awesome narrative. Literally anything that doesn't polish the Trump turd of a presidency is viewed as being blinded by hate.

It's only a matter of time before one of the MAGA followers makes a "Leave Britney Alone" video similar to that one that dude made for Britney Spears all those years ago.
I think you ruined danc's surprise

• Haha
Reactions: Ohio Guy
Studies show that claims of “moving the goal posts” is the third most common phrase to show an inability to think and respond. It is right behind “lack self awareness” and “reality based”.

Studies show you're an idiot ;)

People defending Biden on here makes it read like; Water Cooler- Special victims Unit.
Who is defending Biden? Just about everyone posting over the last week or so has fully admitted that the withdraw was handled poorly. I'd honestly be curious to see examples of anyone defending Biden on this.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Studies show that claims of “moving the goal posts” is the third most common phrase to show an inability to think and respond. It is right behind “lack self awareness” and “reality based”.
Can you please link those "studies"?

On the other hand, I've read several studies that show that making half-assed arguments, then accusing the other party of lacking "nuance" is the 1st most common tactic of blowhards.

Who is defending Biden? Just about everyone posting over the last week or so has fully admitted that the withdraw was handled poorly. I'd honestly be curious to see examples of anyone defending Biden on this.
To the dumbasses, not swallowing the "fact" that Trump would have flown in as Iron Man with Thor's hammer and Captain America's shield and put a beat down on the Ten Rings is defending Biden.

Biden messed up the execution of the withdrawal. That is 100% on Joe Biden and his administration. I don't fault them at all with wanting to leave Afghanistan, I want to leave Afghanistan. However, the execution and planning of this mission is entirely on him. He has been in charge for 7 months and could have pulled the plug on anything that looked like a bad idea at any time. He didn't. That's on him.

I think Trump's admin would have handled it better, but that is not even what I am arguing. I am arguing that the way Biden handled this has sucked. I think Obama would have handled better. I think Clinton would have handled better. I am arguing that it would take a whole bunch of effort to handle this more poorly than Biden. I also would argue that Bush, Clinton, W., and Obama would have been much more out in front of this screw up than Joe has been.

Is America toast because of this? No, but Joe has hurt our standing in the world much more than people like you who spent 4 arguing "Trump bad" are ever going to be willing to admit. That is all on Joe.

623.jpg

Putin understands Trump and IUCrazy perfectly.

This all would have happened no matter who won last November. That should be obvious to anyone with a pulse. That doesn't let Biden off the hook, but anyone pretending Trump would have magically done better is delusional.
Trump humpers have always lived in a world of fantasy. In Trump they saw a working man’s hero and Trump probably couldn’t even start up a lawnmower. In all fairness, that inability could be due to 1) lack of strength to sufficiently pull the cord or 2) being a f***ing dumbass. I’ll give even odds.

I think Trump's admin would have handled it better, but that is not even what I am arguing. I am arguing that the way Biden handled this has sucked. I think Obama would have handled better. I think Clinton would have handled better. I am arguing that it would take a whole bunch of effort to handle this more poorly than Biden. I also would argue that Bush, Clinton, W., and Obama would have been much more out in front of this screw up than Joe has been.
I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that Bush, Obama, Clinton, or hell, even President IUCrazy2, would have handled it better. None of them suffer from the single-minded desire to get the hell out of Afghanistan at all costs that Biden and Trump seem to share, and I do think it's possible that strong desire might have colored Biden's decision-making, just as it likely colored Trump's re: Doha.

But, when push comes to shove, none of these tactical decisions were made in the Oval Office. All tactics, strategies, etc. were developed by people at all levels of the military and intelligence bureaucracy, and the president's job is really just to sign off on them. So I'm guessing any differences in these other possible hypothetical administrations would have been relatively minor. What we saw unfold this summer was probably written back when the surge failed to completely destroy the Taliban, and NATO began handing operations over to the Afghans.

Of course, there are other things that we'll simply have to wait to judge. These stories about the level of coordination between us and the Taliban on security - particularly the ones about giving them names of people who should be passed through the checkpoints - are troubling, but the results will tell. If it turns out the people on those lists were passed through the checkpoints and included among the people who escaped, then that's one thing. If it turns out there are names of Afghans on a list somewhere who didn't get out, and a few months from now, the Taliban goes around and collects and executes those people, then that's another thing entirely.

Ironically, Taliban 2.0 may be someone we have to get into bed with reluctantly, in order to properly fight ISKP, which is sadly poetic, since ISKP is made up of Taliban castoffs and really only exists as a result of our defeat of Taliban 1.0 in the first place.

To the dumbasses, not swallowing the "fact" that Trump would have flown in as Iron Man with Thor's hammer and Captain America's shield and put a beat down on the Ten Rings is defending Biden.
So, Trump couldn’t beat “sleepy ol’ dementia Joe”, but he would’ve wiped out the Taliban and handled the withdrawal without a hiccup. Believe me.

But, when push comes to shove, none of these tactical decisions were made in the Oval Office. All tactics, strategies, etc. were developed by people at all levels of the military and intelligence bureaucracy, and the president's job is really just to sign off on them.

Exactly. I made the same point a few days ago. All these local, tactical, on the ground decisions are being made by those close to the action, apparently based on bad intel and lousy contingency planning. Sure, buck stops and all that shit, but acting like Joe is directing when and how troops were withdrawn and overseeing the perimeter defense of the airport is silly.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Actually, my argument is very different than Hickory's. When I say there's no reason to think it would have been any better under Trump, it has nothing to do with Trump. I think it played out pretty much the way it would have under any president.
I haven’t heard a single individual defend the withdrawal of all U S combat air power before evacuation of ground forces and diplomats. Trump gave much more deference to the military than Obama did and Obama people are running this. The DoD is not in charge. Rice and Blinken are. No way this chaos would have happened under Trump.

This is the point that keeps getting missed. Trump set a deadline to remove our troops in May. I'm not sure what about his presidency - or nearly 3-4 decades of botched and half-assed business failures - that would suggest his administration would be any more ready to pull off this operations 3 months prior to Biden's withdraw.

And before any of you Trump guys get your panties in a bind, I'm not giving the current administration a pass on how they handled the withdraw here.
If after 20 years of training the “Afghan Army” folded, what difference does it make if we stayed 3, 5, or 10 years longer. It’s not worth our soldiers or our taxpayers money.

I think it’s an awful ending, but no way it would have played out differently, no matter who was President.

By the way, almost 70% of Americans want us out. It’s over…and that’s a good thing.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I haven’t heard a single individual defend the withdrawal of all U S combat air power before evacuation of ground forces and diplomats. Trump gave much more deference to the military than Obama did and Obama people are running this. The DoD is not in charge. Rice and Blinken are. No way this chaos would have happened under Trump.
I knew if anyone could find a way to blame Obama, it would be you.

Hey Bulk! Studies show stupid ha ha emojis are the fourth most often used avoidance mechanism of thinking and responding; right behind “moving the goal posts”.

Reactions: DANC
Ironically, Taliban 2.0 may be someone we have to get into bed with reluctantly, in order to properly fight ISKP, which is sadly poetic, since ISKP is made up of Taliban castoffs and really only exists as a result of our defeat of Taliban 1.0 in the first place.
Further to this, State today said that the Taliban have asked the Americans to keep a diplomatic mission in Kabul.

Exactly. I made the same point a few days ago. All these local, tactical, on the ground decisions are being made by those close to the action, apparently based on bad intel and lousy contingency planning. Sure, buck stops and all that shit, but acting like Joe is directing when and how troops were withdrawn and overseeing the perimeter defense of the airport is silly.
Oh my God! Too funny!

I'm sure, if Trump was President now, you'd be saying the same thing.

Or, let's say, Jan 6?

I don't subscribe to this figurehead sock puppet conspiracy theory some of you like to bounce around, if that's what you mean.
Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 6

You guys are too much.

Reactions: What a drama queen
that's what i don't understand. why wouldnt he just come out and say i relied on my intelligence on the ground in my decision making. that intelligence turned out to be bad. as the commander in chief i accept full responsibility for this debacle and i apologize to all involved. we will take any and all measures required to remedy this tragic event as well as our intel going forward.

going backwards pointing at trump and all the bluster is infuriating. just own it and move on. don't try to obfuscate w/ a history lesson. the only thing anyone is up and arms about is the evacuation. a finite period of time.

that's what i don't understand. why wouldnt he just come out and say i relied on my intelligence on the ground in my decision making. that intelligence turned out to be bad. as the commander in chief i accept full responsibility for this debacle and i apologize to all involved. we will take any and all measures required to remedy this tragic event as well as our intel going forward.

going backwards pointing at trump and all the bluster is infuriating. just own it and move on. don't try to obfuscate w/ a history lesson. the only thing anyone is up and arms about is the evacuation. a finite period of time.
The devil is in the details and we won't know the full story for years, if ever. In hindsight Biden should have just eaten the shit that he was served instead of trying to explain how things had not transpired as expected.

The devil is in the details and we won't know the full story for years, if ever. In hindsight Biden should have just eaten the shit that he was served instead of trying to explain how things had not transpired as expected.
Yes. You said it more succinctly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT