ADVERTISEMENT

Trendon Watford

Hoosierdaddy_

Recruit
Mar 14, 2019
REAL bummer that we didn’t stay consistent in this kids recruitment since day 1. Memphis just used their last scholarship. Alabama with a new coach and LSU facing scandal. Bummer that he’d rather go to a school that’s nearly going to be put on investigation (LSU) than IU..

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
In all honesty, what does LSU and Alabama have to offer any really good recruit?
tenor.gif

REAL bummer that we didn’t stay consistent in this kids recruitment since day 1. Memphis just used their last scholarship. Alabama with a new coach and LSU facing scandal. Bummer that he’d rather go to a school that’s nearly going to be put on investigation (LSU) than IU..
if he would rather play for a proven cheater in wade, why would we want him at indiana?

Didn't stay consistent???? Completely untrue. He wants to go his own way, has nothing to do with IU coaches not keeping in contact.

He has said from day one he wants to stay close to home. Also, he doesn’t want to follow in his brothers footsteps. That means NO IU. Please don’t blame this on Archie. It’s not his fault. He was never coming here.

In all honesty, what does LSU and Alabama have to offer any really good recruit?
I don’t know but the better players are going there. IU has been to one final four since 1987, 32 years. What do we have that players care about? Candy stripes? No names on the backs of jerseys? That’s been packin’ them in. IU doesn’t care about basketball. You might and I might but IU does not.

Thx. That’s a good answer.
And unfortunately very few of those have anything to do with winning basketball games or making it to the NBA.
So Grad Transfers taht want to win and make the tourney arent interested.
And Top HS Seniors are now not wanting to come after watching the way Romeo was used and the fanbase treated him either.

This Coach Archie...he ain’t it.

And unfortunately very few of those have anything to do with winning basketball games or making it to the NBA.
And Top HS Seniors are now not wanting to come after watching the way Romeo was used and the fanbase treated him either.

Exactly, but he still gave a mature answer. WE like those things but I don’t know what kids want these days.

Reactions: cryano
Exactly, but he still gave a mature answer. WE like those things but I don’t know what kids want these days.
Many are just happy that Archie isnt Crean...regardless if the results are similar or worse.

Archies 2 seasons record equals the worst 2 seasons of Crean’s final 6.

Crean was inconsistent Archie to me seems over his head nice guy but this job is to big for him reminds me of when Kentucky hired Billy Gillespie good young coach but couldn't win at Kentucky.

Crean was inconsistent Archie to me seems over his head nice guy but this job is to big for him reminds me of when Kentucky hired Billy Gillespie good young coach but couldn't win at Kentucky.
why a nice guy - has absolutely no personality or charisma?

Seems more to me like a wallflower...

Many are just happy that Archie isnt Crean...regardless if the results are similar or worse.

Archies 2 seasons record equals the worst 2 seasons of Crean’s final 6.

Funny how that can happen when a new coach takes over. Ask half the coaches in this year’s final four...or just continue being a dumb shit. We’ll be here to support you either way...

Reactions: GregHaggard
why a nice guy - has absolutely no personality or charisma?

Seems more to me like a wallflower...

What? IU fan wanted less talk after 9’years of too much talk but you won’t run out of dumb ass things to say, will you?

2 years folks...2 years lol

I don’t know but the better players are going there. IU has been to one final four since 1987, 32 years. What do we have that players care about? Candy stripes? No names on the backs of jerseys? That’s been packin’ them in. IU doesn’t care about basketball. You might and I might but IU does not.

So recruits want to play at George Mason because they have a recent Final Four?

How the fan base treated Romeo? What in the f are you babbling about? Lol

Arch missed his top targets to fill this class. Play decent out of the gate next year and next year’s class falls into place.

It’s been two years, dumbass.

Last edited:
It's 2 Final Fours since '87. '92 and '02. Are you sure you're a fan?

I’m not an Archie hater. He’s a really good guy. But I like Tom Allen better than him. Allen, breathes life into his program. He’s so upbeat. He’s a tireless worker. He is relentless in recruiting. He’s adapted to making changes and making staff changes. Archie to me, just doesn’t seem to be relentless in his approach to turning around Indiana Basketball. He was a great fit at Dayton because it’s a lot easier to develop teams and players at that level of competition. The schedules aren’t as daunting. The expectations aren’t as high. And their isn’t the same same kind of internal and external pressure. We all loved the hire because it wasn’t Crean and he won consistently at Dayton. But my issue is that I don’t think Glass swung hard enough for other guys. He didn’t interview too many people at all. Why didn’t we at least try to talk to guys like Chris Mack and Mick Cronin who have had good results at bigger schools than Dayton? That to me is what bothers me about Glass. You can’t just zero in and pigeonhole one coaching choice. We need to interview many people in our coaching searches to find the right person.

Reactions: Cavanagh.4

You didn't answer my question.

In response to yours, I will go with what Hoosierdaddy said.

Plus, what brings you to the conclusion that IU doesn't care about basketball? Specifics please.

He has said from day one he wants to stay close to home. Also, he doesn’t want to follow in his brothers footsteps. That means NO IU. Please don’t blame this on Archie. It’s not his fault. He was never coming here.
Peegs podcast interview with Christian Watford basically said that. We’ve never really been an option.

I’m not an Archie hater. He’s a really good guy. But I like Tom Allen better than him. Allen, breathes life into his program. He’s so upbeat. He’s a tireless worker. He is relentless in recruiting. He’s adapted to making changes and making staff changes. Archie to me, just doesn’t seem to be relentless in his approach to turning around Indiana Basketball. He was a great fit at Dayton because it’s a lot easier to develop teams and players at that level of competition. The schedules aren’t as daunting. The expectations aren’t as high. And their isn’t the same same kind of internal and external pressure. We all loved the hire because it wasn’t Crean and he won consistently at Dayton. But my issue is that I don’t think Glass swung hard enough for other guys. He didn’t interview too many people at all. Why didn’t we at least try to talk to guys like Chris Mack and Mick Cronin who have had good results at bigger schools than Dayton? That to me is what bothers me about Glass. You can’t just zero in and pigeonhole one coaching choice. We need to interview many people in our coaching searches to find the right person.

How do you know that he didn't interview "too many people at all"?

And I will reiterate the fact that every article I read and person I heard, rated Archie as the top hire in college basketball. That isn't just a fluke. RMK didn't endorse him for kicks. He was HIGHLY thought of as a coach and most speculate that if IU wouldn't have hired him he would now be at OSU. All of that said, Archie might not be the guy but the next one or two years will tell the tale.

If he doesn't work out, that IMO, doesn't make it a bad hire by Glass. If you have every hired people, did everyone of them excel? I know I can't make that claim.

How do you know that he didn't interview "too many people at all"?

And I will reiterate the fact that every article I read and person I heard, rated Archie as the top hire in college basketball. That isn't just a fluke. RMK didn't endorse him for kicks. He was HIGHLY thought of as a coach and most speculate that if IU wouldn't have hired him he would now be at OSU. All of that said, Archie might not be the guy but the next one or two years will tell the tale.

If he doesn't work out, that IMO, doesn't make it a bad hire by Glass. If you have every hired people, did everyone of them excel? I know I can't make that claim.

I’ll go ahead and assume you have a personal connection to him and it’s the reason why you continue to not hold him accountable. You literally just excused him of all responsibility for hiring Archie. Do me a favor and tell him he blows a#% at his job. #lovesnarlcakes

I’ll go ahead and assume you have a personal connection to him and it’s the reason why you continue to not hold him accountable. You literally just excused him of all responsibility for hiring Archie. Do me a favor and tell him he blows a#% at his job. #lovesnarlcakes

Never met the man. My opinion is just as valid as yours.

IMO, he hired one of if not the best candidate available. Archie has everything in facilities and support that he needs to be successful. What more can Glass do?

Have you ever hired employees?

Never met the man. My opinion is just as valid as yours.

IMO, he hired one of if not the best candidate available. Archie has everything in facilities and support that he needs to be successful. What more can Glass do?

Have you ever hired employees?

On paper Archie looked fine. This is why we need a former athlete or coach in the position. Glass doesn’t have the intuition or knowledge base to understand what the program needs. Now, we’ve wasted the past two seasons and ****ed up our recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT