ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Targets Based on Portal Review

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
The sites are interesting for finding players who are in the portal. Without knowing much, here are some possible candidates solely based on my thinking they might look like a viable connection to IU, Allen or other coaches on the staff or that "could" be viable for IU to land them too:

QB:
Jack Miller, OSU, was a 4-star from Arizona. Not sure any ties to IU staff, but knows the B10 and seeing Penix/Hoover out - shot to compete on day 1.
Cade Fortin - USF (former 4-star, committed to UNC, then USF, now portal)
Peter Costelli - Utah former QB offered by IU, committed to Utah in 2020, now in portal. Jack Tuttle 2.0 :)
Dillon Markiewicz - Syracuse, HS played in TX, 6'4 215

RB:
*Have to believe Deland McC still flashes his USC/SB Chiefs experience and gets attention of good RB candidates
Sevion Morrison, Nebraska, former 4-star, offered by Wisc, 5"11 200lb from Oklahoma
Shaun Shivers, Auburn, been hearing his name already or crystal balled to IU. Let's hope.
Josh Henderson, UNC 3 star from NJ. Thinking if his WR teammate already transfered to IU, maybe he would look at it too?
Bentavious Thompson, UCF - originally from Miami, FL (FL ties), had been offered by LSU, UMiami,
Loyal Crawford - Wisconsin, had been offered by MSU as well.
Hasson Hall, Louisville - had offers from Syracuse and in 2017...UMass!

WR:
Tyrese Chambers, FIU - heard IU has already offered him
Landon Morris, Syracuse 6'5 WR from Fishers, IN - "Phone home?"
Ger-Cari Caldwell South Carolina, 6'3 190

OL:
Kayden Lyles, Wisconsin 6'3 323 was a 4-star prospect and has the UWiscy lineman experience, enough for me and he knows the B10
Sione Finau FIU, believe IU has offered already and maybe could get him and WR combo?
Gerald Mincy, Florida, from Ft. Lauderdale - we have the FL connections - 6'5 320 - why not take the flyer?
Gabe Brown, Bowling Green, 6'4 285 from MIchigan. (Weston Kramer proved MAC kids can play in B10)
Wyatt Blake, Northwestern, 6'3 308 Sr, had offers in HS from Syracuse, Minny, and IU! Maybe he sees chance to have a Miller Kopp of FB experience?
Jack Bufort New Mexico (from St. Louis, MO - midwest kid) enrolled at Mizzou, transferred to New Mexico, was a 4-star in HS.

DL
*We got 2 3-star DL from Ole Miss already, but we seem so thin there now due to graduation, sure we could consider a few more?
Ryan Johnson, Stanford, originally from Mobile, AL 4-star, maybe he was friends with 2 past Stanford to IU transfers?
Anthony Watts, Purdue 6'4 290 from Houston. Maybe a little reverse flow from the 2-3 we sent there?
Terah Edwards, Northwestern, Ohio kid, was offered in 2019 by Tenn, MSU, Minny, UM and IU!

LB:
*Already have 1 transfer from UM Bradley Jennings. Here is where I want to believe/hope/see Coach Warren's recruiting skills via his past UFlorida/Georgia days
Terrance Lewis, Maryland, from Opa Locka, FL B10 player, from FL HS, had lots of offers coming out of HS from big name schools
Mohamed Sanogo, Ole Miss 6'2 240 Figure we somehow have a tie into Ole Miss defense now, if he's good and interested, explore it.
Jackson Bratton, Alabama, This is one where think Coach Warren's SEC past could get him an audience with this Alabama HS kid choosing to leave the Tide
Morven Joseph, Tennessee, from Lakeland, FL - Florida ties at IU, Warren SEC background
Branden Jennings, Maryland, LB from Jacksonville and BROTHER of Bradley Jennings UMia Transfer to IU!

DBs:
Gurvan Hall, Miami, from W. Palm Beach, perhaps he is friends with Branden Jennings?
Joseph Charleston, Clemson, Safety 6'2 204 4 star in HS from Alpharetta, GA Offered by FL Gators in 2017, have to believe Warren knew of him from there or at UGA
Garnett Hollis, Northwestern - from TN, B10 player, might be open to B10 team

I will stop there. Maybe we can get a few of these cats above and continue the IU turnaround. I have no insights on the above so would be fun if a few of these turn out for us!

Last edited:
I’d take Zach Gibson ahead of some of those you mentioned. Great arm, good size and makes good decisions. Senior year passed for over 2600 yards and had 29 TDS and only 2 INTS.

I’d take Zach Gibson ahead of some of those you mentioned. Great arm, good size and makes good decisions. Senior year passed for over 2600 yards and had 29 TDS and only 2 INTS.
What school? (I’m not a recruiting guru!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT