ADVERTISEMENT

Too many haters here

[

Oh geez —that dumb shit thing you do again where ten guys made bold predictions, you call them guarantees, and then you think everyone made them....dumb
He's either senile, has some type of mental disability, or more likely he's just a habitual liar. By far the worst poster to ever post on these boards.

Last edited:
Look, all fans want to be optimistic about their team and overhype their players because they know them better than others. But you’re really stretching things. No objective person would look at this IU team and say “wow, this team looks good on paper” or “Archie is really bringing in the talent”. They just wouldn’t. It looks like an average Nebraska or Iowa roster at best.
Fpeaugh, Nebraska and Iowa have committed a total of seven four star recruits and zero five stars in the last five years. Indiana has eight four stars on its current roster. Your frustration for the last two decades and skepticism for the current regime is shared by many here, but your supporting points are oftentimes just flat out wrong.

Fpeaugh, Nebraska and Iowa have committed a total of seven four star recruits and zero five stars in the last five years. Indiana has eight four stars on its current roster. Your frustration for the last two decades and skepticism for the current regime is shared by many here, but your supporting points are oftentimes just flat out wrong.

To be fair Iowa had a better roster last year and I would take their roster over ours this year if their point guard is healthy. You’re correct on Nebraska.

Edit: On second thought I might like IU’s more. I forgot the Moss kid left.

Last edited:
That's right. The trolls are obvious and I have 10 obvious trolls led by DumbMary and feepaw on ignore. Occasional accurate criticism based on facts is not a problem. Posting negative post after negative post about IU 100 percent of the time and basing almost all of it on very stupid opinions like "Archie is a clown" or "Archie's recruiting sucks" or "IU is a dumpster fire" makes those posters obvious trolls. Doing stuff like claiming that those that disagree with them aren't IU grads (when they say they are) or acting like total negative asses 100 percent of the time, like several of them do, makes them obvious trolls. If you NEVER have a positive thing to say about IU or IU sports you can't be an IU fan it and it makes you an obvious troll. Most of us actual IU fans have high expectations of IU sports and if IU basketball isn't making progress over the next couple of years and don't start winning big and start contending for B1G and national titles in the next two to four years we'll know he's not the coach we thought he was. The obvious trolls think he's already a failure and that's just stupid. They're here to stir things up. I think most of the people I have on ignore are either fans of other programs here only to troll or they're not fans at all and they're just here to troll. If any of them are actually "fans" of IU, they are miserable excuses for fans at best. This place is a lot more reasonable and useful for IU discussions without seeing their troll crap.
To you, anyone who disagrees with your opinion or who doesn’t always, in every post, offer effusive praise, is a troll. Your bias is as clear as your lack of honesty.

Responding again to Davis / Brunk talk:

It would appear to be an obvious priority for Cliff Marshall to get Davis into shape and get his strength and endurance up. Without getting all out of sorts about it, that should be an obvious goal for this year's staff. We can hold them to that in October. De'ron has an obligation and a responsibility to do everything he can to be in top shape before the season this year. If he loses focus, the staff should be there to get on him, led by the conditioning coach.

The Podcast on the Brink whispered just that....that Davis has slimmed down this summer.

However I don't want him to lose too much weight, he was super effective throwing his weight around but you're right...his endurance needs to improve.

I tend to credit the injury for that last year...an achillies is a devastating injury for a big.

Reactions: MrBing and minneman
What looks good on paper?

Well TJD pretty much just dominated the Indy Pro Am. Was one of it's leading scorers and rebounders that featured Jeff Teague, Marquis Teague, Trevor Thompson, Gary McGhee, Andre Owens, Robert Vaden, D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Deonta Vaughn, Joey Brunk and others.

The games fit his style though which was basically pick up ball but he not only held his own but was one of the best there.

Then you have Devonte showing well in his pro am league that featured CJ McCollum and other pros. Not bad when your senior guard is holding his own vs NBA guys.

Then you have whispers of Davis in pretty good shape and fairly healthy. Not bad to have a senior near five star ready to play in the post and help offset the loss of Morgan.

Reactions: Cavanagh.6
Well TJD pretty much just dominated the Indy Pro Am. Was one of it's leading scorers and rebounders that featured Jeff Teague, Marquis Teague, Trevor Thompson, Gary McGhee, Andre Owens, Robert Vaden, D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Deonta Vaughn, Joey Brunk and others.

The games fit his style though which was basically pick up ball but he not only held his own but was one of the best there.

Then you have Devonte showing well in his pro am league that featured CJ McCollum and other pros. Not bad when your senior guard is holding his own vs NBA guys.

Then you have whispers of Davis in pretty good shape and fairly healthy. Not bad to have a senior near five star ready to play in the post and help offset the loss of Morgan.
So a couple guys playing good in pick up games with save us? So I assume you’re saying no excuses this year?

Reactions: IUgradman
But I was told last year we didn’t have the talent or depth to compete...

So a couple guys playing good in pick up games with save us? So I assume you’re saying no excuses this year?

Barring a massive plague of injuries, we'll be better than last year.

We played our best when Davis played. Problem was, if he was even available to play, he could only give us 15 to 20 minutes as our true post presence defensively and offensively.

Not only is the expectation that he'll be healthier...we brought in two other frontcourt guys to help compete against guys like Gafford, Haarmes/Williams, Garza, Georgie, Fernando, Rutgers in general, Copeland, Happ, MSU's bigs, Oturu, Wesson.

Pretty much every big ten team has massive beef in the post. We didn't last year other than when Davis could give it to us. Simply put our new beef is a massive improvement to last year. We can get 40 minutes of Big Ten beef now vs having Morgan kill himself guarding guys taller and bigger than him, wearing him out while he tries to stay out of foul trouble.

Plus the Miller brothers run a UNC style offense where they don't do well or depend on one main focus scorer. What was the joke about Dean Smith? Only he was the guy who could hold Jordan down. Lol

In 2015 Arizona the #1 team in the country and the leading scorer averaged less than 14. He had 4 guys over 10 and 2 other around 8/9.

He ran a rotation of 8 for the most part.

Barring a massive plague of injuries, we'll be better than last year.

We played our best when Davis played. Problem was, if he was even available to play, he could only give us 15 to 20 minutes as our true post presence defensively and offensively.

Not only is the expectation that he'll be healthier...we brought in two other frontcourt guys to help compete against guys like Gafford, Haarmes/Williams, Garza, Georgie, Fernando, Rutgers in general, Copeland, Happ, MSU's bigs, Oturu, Wesson.

Pretty much every big ten team has massive beef in the post. We didn't last year other than when Davis could give it to us. Simply put our new beef is a massive improvement to last year. We can get 40 minutes of Big Ten beef now vs having Morgan kill himself guarding guys taller and bigger than him, wearing him out while he tries to stay out of foul trouble.

Plus the Miller brothers run a UNC style offense where they don't do well or depend on one main focus scorer. What was the joke about Dean Smith? Only he was the guy who could hold Jordan down. Lol

In 2015 Arizona the #1 team in the country and the leading scorer averaged less than 14. He had 4 guys over 10 and 2 other around 8/9.

He ran a rotation of 8 for the most part.

Being better than last year isn’t anything to brag about. It’s more of the same, especially if the Big Ten is down. Now, if we end up a top 20 team then we might have a coach. I’ll even start to tip toe on over to the fanboys side. I’m sure they will pelt me with empties.

Being better than last year isn’t anything to brag about. It’s more of the same, especially if the Big Ten is down. Now, if we end up a top 20 team then we might have a coach. I’ll even start to tip toe on over to the fanboys side. I’m sure they will pelt me with empties.
Where are these "fanbooys" at? All I see is anti fans. Fanboys are those who cannot remove bias from their perspective due to emotion. That describes you more than it does the people who are not pissed off and butt hurt about losing last season.

Weak .......

Where are these "fanbooys" at? All I see is anti fans. Fanboys are those who cannot remove bias from their perspective due to emotion. That describes you more than it does the people who are not pissed off and butt hurt about losing last season.

Weak .......

I’m not pissed off. I just pointed out we sucked last year and were poorly coached, because that’s what happened (assuming you were mostly referring to previous posts).

Last edited:
The recruiting data looks horrendous. We didn’t even have a top 40 class last year and we’re set up to be even worse last year. Are you being sarcastic?

Here you go again thinking college basketball is a video game and not a process. Lol. Look at recruiting rankings the last 3 years and please draw the straight line from recruiting rankings to team rankings....

Can’t? Didn’t think so...

Please feel free to point out anyone who is bragging. We'll wait.

What are your objective observations for this upcoming season?

I mean if you are gonna make fun of him try not to look like a idiot while doing so. His statement says he will watch, and then make observations. That means he isn’t going to predict or guarantee what will happen. He will let it shake out and then analyze.

I mean if you are gonna make fun of him try not to look like a idiot while doing so. His statement says he will watch, and then make observations. That means he isn’t going to predict or guarantee what will happen. He will let it shake out and then analyze.

Bullshit. Lol. He makes predictions about next season constantly but just with no detail. Does the same thing with our 2nd year coach.

He’s a critic with no balls.

1) I’m sure he can speak for himself, probably doesn’t need his sister jumping in for protection.
2) I was genuinely interested in what a terrible coach and a dumpster fire of a program’s expectations should be.
3) Pretty easy to watch and bitch, doesn’t take much analysis.
4) Can you make a prediction or do you lack the balls as well?

Here you go again thinking college basketball is a video game and not a process. Lol. Look at recruiting rankings the last 3 years and please draw the straight line from recruiting rankings to team rankings....

Can’t? Didn’t think so...
Nothing is ever a straight line but there is a very strong, undeniable correlation between recruiting rankings and success. Otherwise these schools would spend millions of dollars just to land 2-4 kids per year.

I was responding to Tommy because he actually likes discussing IU basketball on an IU basketball forum. If you want me to expand on my post, just ask.

I thought I did ask you to expand on your claim of bragging going on around here. By your reply, I can only assume you don't really have any. That's okay, too.

I thought I did ask you to expand on your claim of bragging going on around here. By your reply, I can only assume you don't really have any. That's okay, too.

Considering, I never said people were bragging around here, it was pointless to clarify. You inferred it. I stated it's nothing to brag about. That was my own opinion. It's still my opinion.

1) I’m sure he can speak for himself, probably doesn’t need his sister jumping in for protection.
2) I was genuinely interested in what a terrible coach and a dumpster fire of a program’s expectations should be.
3) Pretty easy to watch and bitch, doesn’t take much analysis.
4) Can you make a prediction or do you lack the balls as well?

We are a dumpster fire of a program, so you got that right. If we miss the tournament this year it will be the only time in IU history to miss it 4 years in a row. Watch and bitch is what every fan should be doing. This program is in the shitter. You want me to analyze how much we have sucked?

Romeo was the highest ranked recruit since Gordon, we missed the tournament with him, and he shot the worst 3 point % in IU history. We got a grad transfer to come in and add some size and stretch the floor. He was the biggest pussy to ever walk on the IU campus. The recruits we did see last year were all vastly below average for their ranking except Rob. Damezi and Jake were top 150 guys that looked like they should have been unranked.

I want Archie to succeed, because if he doesn't that means we have to start this shit all over and the chances for us becoming relevant again move that much farther away. We are at rock freaking bottom, IU sucks right now. There is no BS sunshine that can change that. Miller has to win this year or he is done here. I hope to god he does, and think he will. I predicted we would be 6th in the B1G and get an 8 seed

We are a dumpster fire of a program, so you got that right. If we miss the tournament this year it will be the only time in IU history to miss it 4 years in a row. Watch and bitch is what every fan should be doing. This program is in the shitter. You want me to analyze how much we have sucked?

Romeo was the highest ranked recruit since Gordon, we missed the tournament with him, and he shot the worst 3 point % in IU history. We got a grad transfer to come in and add some size and stretch the floor. He was the biggest pussy to ever walk on the IU campus. The recruits we did see last year were all vastly below average for their ranking except Rob. Damezi and Jake were top 150 guys that looked like they should have been unranked.

I want Archie to succeed, because if he doesn't that means we have to start this shit all over and the chances for us becoming relevant again move that much farther away. We are at rock freaking bottom, IU sucks right now. There is no BS sunshine that can change that. Miller has to win this year or he is done here. I hope to god he does, and think he will. I predicted we would be 6th in the B1G and get an 8 seed

Step back from the ledge.

True, IU has ground their basketball program into the dust. We could win the Big Ten this year, and go to a final four next year and people can sell another version of “We are Back” tee shirts, but it won’t make it so.

Who bought those tee shirts the last time, anyway?

Still, we HAVE to be much better this year. Last year we were awful, poorly coached, and looked like we wanted to lose.

Still, despite being a terrible team and losing 12/13 (Could we match that if we tried), we still almost backed our way into the tourney.

This season sets up as a successful one, IMO. My only question is will it be a dead cat bounce for a program that is destined to be like Nebraska football, or is coach Miller building a foundation for the future?

As IU fans we are stuck in a rough spot. We have the scars of having the last 3 coaches stay too long. Any self respecting blue blood program would have our coach on a very short leash. And our program is on a distinct trend line-

We are not trending up as a program, but towards being a B10 bottom tier program.

Hopefully our program is near rock bottom, but it will take years of sustained success just to break that trend.

I’ll predict we finish in the top 3 of the B10 this year, led by Green (who has a breakout year). But, I’ll pass on the “We are back tee shirt”.

So, you and feepaw share the same brain ( a severely damaged one) but the same one nonetheless.

Why do people keep bringing up about Romeo's shooting? It was clear to see that he had a wrap on and proceeded to have surgery right after the Celtics drafted him. My question is who is the real dumpster fire, the program or some of the fans?

Reactions: MrBing
Step back from the ledge.

True, IU has ground their basketball program into the dust. We could win the Big Ten this year, and go to a final four next year and people can sell another version of “We are Back” tee shirts, but it won’t make it so.

Who bought those tee shirts the last time, anyway?

Still, we HAVE to be much better this year. Last year we were awful, poorly coached, and looked like we wanted to lose.

Still, despite being a terrible team and losing 12/13 (Could we match that if we tried), we still almost backed our way into the tourney.

This season sets up as a successful one, IMO. My only question is will it be a dead cat bounce for a program that is destined to be like Nebraska football, or is coach Miller building a foundation for the future?

As IU fans we are stuck in a rough spot. We have the scars of having the last 3 coaches stay too long. Any self respecting blue blood program would have our coach on a very short leash. And our program is on a distinct trend line-

We are not trending up as a program, but towards being a B10 bottom tier program.

Hopefully our program is near rock bottom, but it will take years of sustained success just to break that trend.

I’ll predict we finish in the top 3 of the B10 this year, led by Green (who has a breakout year). But, I’ll pass on the “We are back tee shirt”.

I wanna say top 3. Hell, I usually am driving the hype train this time of year. I have just watched us under achieve year after year. I wanna exceed my expectations for once.

This time last year I remember talking to buddies about no chance we are gonna be a worse three point shooting team. We are getting the best shooting guard in the country and a 6'10 marksman.

Now this year, we really can't be worse at shooting. There is almost no chance. Famous last words of a fool.....

Just get to the tournament and let me not wanna hang myself in March. Then momentum will come. He will build something if he gets to the tourney this year. If he doesn't it is over though, the mob will be out in full force. Nebraska football is the perfect analogy. I remember as a kid talking about those huskers. Man.....

Reactions: .Gerdis
I wanna say top 3. Hell, I usually am driving the hype train this time of year. I have just watched us under achieve year after year. I wanna exceed my expectations for once.

This time last year I remember talking to buddies about no chance we are gonna be a worse three point shooting team. We are getting the best shooting guard in the country and a 6'10 marksman.

Now this year, we really can't be worse at shooting. There is almost no chance. Famous last words of a fool.....

Just get to the tournament and let me not wanna hang myself in March. Then momentum will come. He will build something if he gets to the tourney this year. If he doesn't it is over though, the mob will be out in full force. Nebraska football is the perfect analogy. I remember as a kid talking about those huskers. Man.....
IU front line will be much deeper.
As a Team IU should be improved.

IU front line will be much deeper.
As a Team IU should be improved.

I am very worried Deron is gonna go down like Boogie did. I will be so happy if he is healthy all year. If so, yes we should be very deep. If Brunk has to play 30 mins a game we are gonna be real bad in the front line. No Deron changes everything for that front line. Need him.

The frustrating thing is that everyone said we'd be a much improved 3 pt shooting team just by graduating our two SR. guards. Addition by subtraction. That was before we landed Fitzner and Romeo.....so, yeah, it was disappointing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT