ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
One game wont sell me on archie but it was a nice win. Went to TJD like he should every game. Brunk is ok but race should get minutes like this every game if healthy.

I will say this ive been to games at the barn before it was always packed and loud. It sounded dead quiet and the balconies looked empty. Richard Pitino has really turned off fans per my buddy. He made the ncaa last year but mostly has been a bust.

Reactions: IUgradman
We will see.. i thought before we blew the maryland game we had this going on. You just never know which iu team will show up.[/QUOTE

I’ll agree with that. I’m still holding out hope that they find consistency and walk into this tournament with some momentum. however, yes they could disappear. We have seen our share of Houdini acts.

This is a team that's basically carried by freshman and sophomores, and that inconsistency is what you get. Smith and Durham are role players... and the seniors are what they are.
Well one freshman. It balanced between both.

That's what so frustrating about this team. Flat one game and inspired the next. I can take the inconsistency of freshman but the "pendulum of effort" cuts such a huge path it makes it hard to have faith in them

One game wont sell me on archie but it was a nice win. Went to TJD like he should every game. Brunk is ok but race should get minutes like this every game if healthy.

I will say this ive been to games at the barn before it was always packed and loud. It sounded dead quiet and the balconies looked empty. Richard Pitino has really turned off fans per my buddy. He made the ncaa last year but mostly has been a bust.
They are 12-12 not elite.

Can’t lay an egg against Penn State. Critical game if we want to play in the NCAAs.

Any win at Minnesota is respectable. That’s not an easy place to win.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Sure, it was nice to see IU finally win a conference road game. However, that Minnesota team is dreadful. As IU fans, we should expect to win a game like that rather than be surprised by the outcome. If Archie can get the program to that point, I'll be bought in. Until then, the jury is still out.

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
I was just glad that we toned down the high ball screen hedge. It's still there but tonight we didn't act like a honey monkey humping a leg and being pulled so far out of position.

Also loved that he went with TJD at the 5 and Race at the 4.

So, at least I have something to look forward to on Sunday.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Sure, it was nice to see IU finally win a conference road game. However, that Minnesota team is dreadful. As IU fans, we should expect to win a game like that rather than be surprised by the outcome. If Archie can get the program to that point, I'll be bought in. Until then, the jury is still out.

Neither team is confident of what they are doing and much of that game was each team squandering opportunities to put the other away... but they were much less focused and worse at it. It's just frustrating, because while we may not be elite, I don't think this team realizes how good they could be and tough to beat, if they were just confident in what they are doing and kept their focus throughout a game.

Keep in mind, this dreadful team you speak of beat Penn St, Ohio St twice, Michigan, and Wisconsin by 18

Actually optimistic about this team as they improve and progress to next season. This season who knows but how fun is this. IU has essentially given us tournament games from February on as each game is like a tourney game.

Reactions: MrBing
Any road win in the B1G is valuable and to be appreciated. That being said, Minny has been having some of the same issues that IU has.

They've now lost 5 out of their last 6 games and they haven't been playing very well.

I'd love to see a little bit of consistency and have a strong effort on Sunday.

If you had told me we would be 4-25 from 3 and still won by 12; would not have believed it possible.
Is Pitinno on the hot seat?
likely finish with a losing record. no tourney of any kind. never really had a shot at home-town Garcia. Could lose Oturu in the NBA draft. At one point last yr they cracked the top 10 and made it to 2nd round of the tourney so he's probably safe for now, but the future doesn't look real bright. They have a couple 3 stars in the 2020 class, so check back in around this time next yr. But if they lose Oturu, next yr might be rough.

If you had told me we would be 4-25 from 3 and still won by 12; would not have believed it possible.
Is Pitinno on the hot seat?[/QUOTE

Minnesota has even lower expectations than iu believe it or not. Pitino was celebrated for making the ncaa last year as a major accomplishment. No different than if iu makes it this year.

likely finish with a losing record. no tourney of any kind. never really had a shot at home-town Garcia. Could lose Oturu in the NBA draft. At one point last yr they cracked the top 10 and made it to 2nd round of the tourney so he's probably safe for now, but the future doesn't look real bright. They have a couple 3 stars in the 2020 class, so check back in around this time next yr. But if they lose Oturu, next yr might be rough.
Pitino is a terrible recruiter. Minnesota has had like 10 top 75 guys the last two years and he got none. That being said i think they already extended him a few times. Like i said the expectations are even lower than what fred expects at iu and he does not expect much.

Pitino is a terrible recruiter. Minnesota has had like 10 top 75 guys the last two years and he got none. That being said i think they already extended him a few times. Like i said the expectations are even lower than what fred expects at iu and he does not expect much.
gotta be tough to recruit there as well. Old gym, 6 months of shitty weather. Program without a great legacy in the B1G (didn't they have to vacate their F4 season?). They aren't on national broadcast games very often. Any 18 yr old 4/5 star would rather spend a few yrs in the mild weather of the Carolinas than up there. Not making excuses for him, as I don't think he's all that great. But travel to MSP in mid January. Freaken brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT