ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier basketball fans tend to be delusional.

Woodson is doing ok but he is behind the eight ball with his offense. He is 64 not sure how much he recruits our staff has not improved anybody besides TJD which is god given ability. Chris Beard would make us into a national contender woody will keep us at 20-10 every year which ok but I want more.

Cream would still be here, even without an NC, if he could’ve just maintained some consistency and momentum. You can’t have one solid year and then fall off a cliff the next year.
I think his manic weirdness has a shelf life. Recruiting was too inconsistent. Too many Prillers, Aprils, Muniru’s, Jobe’s and Guy-Marc Michel’s.

I think his manic weirdness has a shelf life. Recruiting was too inconsistent. Too many Prillers, Aprils, Muniru’s, Jobe’s and Guy-Marc Michel’s.
Also the continued growth of all the ineternet social media etc finding diamonds in the rough is a LOT more difficult.

I am brother, but I’m also never going to be satisfied with just not having “a record like CAM teams”. You need to chill tf out right now and quit making a fool of yourself…
Is that what you think; 22 wins is nothing. you are one of those fans that are never satisfied. When was the last time we won 22 games and came in third in the big ten? Im speaking facts and I will not chill TF out. GO HOOSIERS FAIRWEATHER FAN.

That’s not the point—the point is, regardless of how anyone feels re: Woody, or the BB program in general, IU was (allegedly) prepared to spend $70 million on a new BB coach 2 years ago (Stevens) but would never even consider an amount anywhere close to that for a football coach. It’s not really about Woodson.
Its like recruiting, You want someone who WANTS to be at IU. Stevens said no, and Booker, Arrington, and Clowney all said no . He is trying to bring quality players in. Give the man a chance. GO CMW.

they just did pony up that kind of dough 2 years ago but Brad said “no”

But then that’s basketball, not that “other sport” that’s usually a warmup for Hoosier Hysteria
I like how other schools in the Big Ten chose not to de emphasize one major sport over the other and they still end up beating IU in the one sport carrying all the eggs in its single basket. Pretty sobering truth.

we could have a record like CAM teams, Give the man a chance.
Why must ya keep saying "Give the man a chance"? Outside of non-IU lurkers, we all love Mike Woodson here and want to see him cutting down some nets. Woody is living the dream right now and has already had some great moments. It's all gravy for old #42 from here on out and we all want to enjoy every spoonful right along with him... Go Big Red and all that jazz!

That all being said, this is a sports message board not Sports Illustrated. I for one have opinions about this enigmatic team that we've been trying to follow for the past few months. Most of these opinions aren't really all that fleshed out and, other than the ability to use a search engine, I have no good reason to think that I even know what the hell I'm talking about.

So, please stop worrying about Mike Woodson and start worrying about me :) ! Help me decipher this team or this dad-gum NCAA Tournament. I'd like to make a buck or two on this thing. Give me something to chew on other than 22 wins blah blah blah. Content man, give me some content before it's too late. I'll worry about Woody with ya in the off-season... lol

Last edited:
Why must ya keep saying "Give the man a chance"? Outside of non-IU lurkers, we all love Mike Woodson here and want to see him cutting down some nets. Woody is living the dream right now and has already had some great moments. It's all gravy for old #42 from here on out and we all want him to enjoy every spoonful right along with him... Go Big Red and all that jazz!

That all being said, this is a sports message board not Sports Illustrated. I for one have opinions about this enigmatic team that we've been trying to follow for the past few months. Most of these opinions aren't really all that fleshed out and, other than the ability to use a search engine, I have no good reason to think that I even know what the hell I'm talking about.

So, please stop worrying about Mike Woodson and start worrying about me :) ! Help me decipher this team or this dad-gum NCAA Tournament. I'd like to make a buck or two on this thing. Give me something to chew on other than 22 wins blah blah blah. Content man, give me some content before it's too late. I'll worry about Woody with ya in the off-season... lol
Give Willdog7 a chance

This conference has several teams with fanbases that support their teams just as much as IU
with the spotty record and play of recent years for us? Who? The programs that are well-supported in the B10 are the ones who win. Not many would support their team the way Hoosiers have with a 6 year run of not making the tournament or making noise in the conference. As in none. PU to me probably has one of the best fanbases and they ended midnight madness and were "packing" in 8K a game in their down years.

Once again Hoosier Nation fans are wailing about not being the Big 10 champions. Isn't this a bit of an overreaction? I mean, in the 25 years of the Big 10 tournament the Hoosiers have never won it. The reality is that more often than not they've been out in the first round.

Folks seem to forget that before this season the Hoosiers had not had a winning record in the Big Ten since the 2015-2016 season. Think about that! A losing record for the past 6 years. And this year Woody gets the team a third place finish and the winning record. And people are upset!

I don't recall Bobby Knight talking about national championships at the beginning of the season. Every year he said the goal was to win the Big 10. Of course back then every team had the same conference schedule - how crazy was that?

And then last year Mike Woodson comes back and proclaims that he's going to lead the Hoosiers back to the promised land. He should have said the promised land was having a winning conference record. Especially after 6 years of losing.

But instead he said the goal was to win the national championship. His players are still saying that the goal is to win the national championship even after yesterday's loss to Penn State. Woody has the best of intentions but this goal is a marketing blunder. Hoosiers are looking at this season as another failure. This season has been a great success. Success starts with winning more games than you lose.

Every key player that returned on this year's team showed significant improvement over last season. And they won more basketball games than they lost. The Hoosiers point guard goes down and the guy that steps in is freshman of the year and third team Big 10. His high school teammate has been getting better every game. Next year Malik should be a real impact player.

When Woody arrived back in Bloomington he sat down with TJD and his father and explained to him what he still needed to do before he transitioned to the NBA. Last year he was second team all Big 10. He decides to come back and goes from second team all big 10 to first team All-American. Yet after yesterday's loss there are posts about Woody not being able to develop his players.

I am thrilled that Woody is winning more games than he is losing. His players are improving. I'm sure this is not lost on recruits. The future is bright. Folks need to appreciate the glass being half full for a change.

I hate your way of thinking.

I have to assume you are a fairly young person, given the level of your expectations for this program

"Thrilled that Woody is winning more games than he is losing". wtf

Every key player....significant improvement? Not Race & JG. They're wondering about the court like zombies. Kopp's shooting is better...end result? One more point from him for every 40 minutes he plays. And his rebounding this year was the worst he's ever produced. And he's part of the reason our defensive rebounding has been mediocre despite having an AA center, witness the PSU game. He was a recruiting mistake.

By and large, this season has been more of the same old s*** we've seen the past 4-5 years, despite our higher upside. We've had 2 mediocre performances for every good performance. Lots of bad starts and several collapses.

Here's Trayce after the PSU game: "I think we played lackadaisical in stretches throughout the game. We would make pushes but then we would kind of relax...We need that intensity throughout the whole game. And we can't play scared. I thought overall we were kind of tentative".

How would you like to say that kind of crap after 4 years of production, including AA level production this year?

Look, there are other BT teams that have also disappointed. Illinois, MSU, Michigan, Rutgers, OSU, Minnesota. So it happens. But it happens to us every fing year. Other teams have brought the intensity most games.....Purdue, NW, PSU, Maryland, Nebraska, Iowa....most had less talent and/or experience that us.

Reactions: 22larry22
Why must ya keep saying "Give the man a chance"? Outside of non-IU lurkers, we all love Mike Woodson here and want to see him cutting down some nets. Woody is living the dream right now and has already had some great moments. It's all gravy for old #42 from here on out and we all want to enjoy every spoonful right along with him... Go Big Red and all that jazz!

Content look at his actions, Look what he did for TJD. I believe he will do for Big Leak and JHS. back-to-back tournament appearances. He knows how to get young players to fulfill their NBA dreams. He has a lot of knowledge and if young players listen and work hard. Who knows the possibilities?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Give Willdog7 a chance

Well.....he's right in line with Mike Woodson's thinking.

In the article today, he's quoted as saying "I couldn't be more proud of a group of guys". Really Mike? Seriously, just between you and me?

Because if that's a serious quote, we have the wrong coach.

In the article today, he's quoted as saying "I couldn't be more proud of a group of guys". Really Mike? Seriously, just between you and me?

Right before the NCAA tourney? You want him to talk about what a disappointment this season has been right now??? Good luck getting a coaching job 😂😂

Hater, never satisfied.

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
I hate your way of thinking.

I have to assume you are a fairly young person, given the level of your expectations for this program

"Thrilled that Woody is winning more games than he is losing". wtf

Every key player....significant improvement? Not Race & JG. They're wondering about the court like zombies. Kopp's shooting is better...end result? One more point from him for every 40 minutes he plays. And his rebounding this year was the worst he's ever produced. And he's part of the reason our defensive rebounding has been mediocre despite having an AA center, witness the PSU game. He was a recruiting mistake.

By and large, this season has been more of the same old s*** we've seen the past 4-5 years, despite our higher upside. We've had 2 mediocre performances for every good performance. Lots of bad starts and several collapses.

Here's Trayce after the PSU game: "I think we played lackadaisical in stretches throughout the game. We would make pushes but then we would kind of relax...We need that intensity throughout the whole game. And we can't play scared. I thought overall we were kind of tentative".

How would you like to say that kind of crap after 4 years of production, including AA level production this year?

Look, there are other BT teams that have also disappointed. Illinois, MSU, Michigan, Rutgers, OSU, Minnesota. So it happens. But it happens to us every fing year. Other teams have brought the intensity most games.....Purdue, NW, PSU, Maryland, Nebraska, Iowa....most had less talent and/or experience that us.
Fairweather Fan

• Love
Its like recruiting, You want someone who WANTS to be at IU. Stevens said no, and Booker, Arrington, and Clowney all said no . He is trying to bring quality players in. Give the man a chance. GO CMW.
You appear to think any non-praise or neutral comment re: Woodson is a criticism and that any criticism of him amounts to a call for his replacement after this season.

First of all, given his current $12 million buyout, it would be almost as unrealistic to call for Woody’s replacement now as it was to imagine that IU was ever going to spend $25 million to buy out Tom Allen. So it’s not a question of “giving a chance” to someone who’s clearly not in any danger anyway.

If anything it’s about trying to make an honest, objective evaluation of this season without either pretending that replacing Woody now is an actual alternative or acting like Woody wasn’t always going to to get at least 4 years of “chance” from Dolson regardless of results or fanbase reactions.

For me, NCAA Tournament results matter far more than either regular season or BTT results and so my 2022-2023 evaluation will hinge on next weekend’s results. If IU loses game 1 (to Senderoff of all people) or game 2 to Drake or an injury-depleted Miami, then IMO this season, even accounting for injuries, will be an under-achievement.

And if that is followed by mixed results in the portal and something like a 16 or 18 win season in 23-24, Woody might need more than additional time or “chances” to really turn this program around.

Yeah, good post.

There will always be people calling for a new coach. Here’s the problem: for two and half decades they (“negative nancies”) have been right every tIme. Maybe they were too early, but they weren’t wrong.

“my team is on the floor”, “support the coach and team”, yada yada. I can only think that we have people posting here that either work in some capacity with the AD or have relatives on staff. Why else get so bent out of shape?

Listen, time will always tell. Maybe IU cuts down the nets this year, and those negative nancies look like fools. No one knows. I say: Bring on the dissenting views. It’s all entertainment! We are a dumpster fire! We are final four bound! Woo hoo. boo hoo.

Right before the NCAA tourney? You want him to talk about what a disappointment this season has been right now??? Good luck getting a coaching job 😂😂
Why not say something like 'We haven't reached the goals that we've set for ourselves, but we haven't played our best yet, it's still out there, we need to get it done".

What he said sounds like an old Grandpa who's proud of their grandkid's participation trophy.

Why not say something like 'We haven't reached the goals that we've set for ourselves, but we haven't played our best yet, it's still out there, we need to get it done".

What he said sounds like an old Grandpa who's proud of their grandkid's participation trophy.
Touché. You win 😂😂

I am a grand pa and a great grand pa.....lol

• Love
The delusion continues. The Hoosiers were badly out rebounded on both ends of the court. And by a smaller team.

The Big 10 has one team in the sweet 16. Duke is out. Kentucky is out. Arizona and Virginia are out. North Carolina is out. Michigan lost in the first round of the NIT. And now some folks are going to be calling for Woody's head.

The Hoosiers just got a number four seed. Last year they had a play in game and before that nothing for several years.

Now everybody has a big arena. Everybody has a TV contract. And everybody has nil money. And if the Hoosiers get some elite talent they're going to be gone in a year or two.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
Yeah, good post.

There will always be people calling for a new coach. Here’s the problem: for two and half decades they (“negative nancies”) have been right every tIme. Maybe they were too early, but they weren’t wrong.

“my team is on the floor”, “support the coach and team”, yada yada. I can only think that we have people posting here that either work in some capacity with the AD or have relatives on staff. Why else get so bent out of shape?

Listen, time will always tell. Maybe IU cuts down the nets this year, and those negative nancies look like fools. No one knows. I say: Bring on the dissenting views. It’s all entertainment! We are a dumpster fire! We are final four bound! Woo hoo. boo hoo.
In the case of Arhie some of us said after year two he was not going to cut it. Sometimes you can tell very early on if they made a bad hire. We wasted another two years after that with him.

In the case of Arhie some of us said after year two he was not going to cut it. Sometimes you can tell very early on if they made a bad hire. We wasted another two years after that with him.
We are in a bad spot, hired a favorite son that is adequate but just is what he is. UNC Hired Doherty and wasnt afraid to send him packing, Hubert must be on a short leash now, but IU will soldier on in mediocrity and be satisfied. I'm not a Woodson hater but it is what it is

We are in a bad spot, hired a favorite son that is adequate but just is what he is. UNC Hired Doherty and wasnt afraid to send him packing, Hubert must be on a short leash now, but IU will soldier on in mediocrity and be satisfied. I'm not a Woodson hater but it is what it is
you might as well be.

• Love
you might as well be.
Jeezus man do you have someone come pump sunshine up your ass every day? It's ridiculous and you have absolutely no concept . Coaches are making a lot of money, players are being pd or at very least valuable scholarships. This isnt like having the neighbor kid mow your lawn for 5 bucks and complaining he doesn't keep his lines straight.

Jeezus man do you have someone come pump sunshine up your ass every day? It's ridiculous and you have absolutely no concept . Coaches are making a lot of money, players are being pd or at very least valuable scholarships. This isnt like having the neighbor kid mow your lawn for 5 bucks and complaining he doesn't keep his lines straight.
you do not know me or my life, keep your comments to the team.

you do not know me or my life, keep your comments to the team.
WTF??? Dude you are so out of touch with reality. You just claimed you knew me and what I was saying 2 posts ago. We aren't talking about a bunch of kids playing little league here. There is going to be criticism

if fairness we have improved under Woody.... UNC was Gawd awful under Matt D.

Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT