ADVERTISEMENT

The GOP and Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA"

Death, taxes, and playing "God Bless the USA" at a GOP/MAGA/Far Right/White Supremacist rally.

Is this "song" the worst songs of all time? IMHO, it is the country version of "We Built this City"

This quickly rises to the top of all your dumb posts. The song is a great one and puts to music similar points in one of the greatest speeches ever delivered by a President..

And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me

The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here; while it can never forget what they did here.

And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

It is rather for us, the living, we here be dedicated to the great task remaining before us that, from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here, gave the last full measure of devotion that we here highly resolve these dead shall not have died in vain; that the nation, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

You obviously don’t have any knowledge of musical theatre. I think Hamilton is Lin-Manuel’s second best work but it is still terrific. Stick to country pop. And try not to clap on one and three.
You're wrong. There is no craft, no melody, just trying to cram syllables into a beat. An embarrassment of music and anyone who enjoys it is equally as musically retarded.

Reactions: jet812
You're wrong. There is no craft, no melody, just trying to cram syllables into a beat. An embarrassment of music and anyone who enjoys it is equally as musically retarded.
Again, stick with country pop.

People can like the song if they want to. Cram your musical snobbery straight up the ol' poopchute.

Reactions: outside shooter
People can like the song if they want to. Cram your musical snobbery straight up the ol' poopchute.
There's a difference. A song can be fun, catchy and likable but not well constructed. "Dirt Road Anthem" at a tailgate when you're 10 beers deep? Forget about it. Shit's fire. Some Cardi B songs are great to jam out to on the stair master.

But I believe in the idea of "craft". You seem not to. Craft is actual skills and knowledge that underly one's work as opposed to "winging it". In our era of subjectivity craftless people like Miranda or say Jason Aldean can profit immensely, by churning out formulaic tripe for the masses.

Motzart and Beethoven didn't have that luxury. We used to have what were called "standards"

There's a difference. A song can be fun, catchy and likable but not well constructed. "Dirt Road Anthem" at a tailgate when you're 10 beers deep? Forget about it. Shit's fire. Some Cardi B songs are great to jam out to on the stair master.

But I believe in the idea of "craft". You seem not to. Craft is actual skills and knowledge that underly one's work as opposed to "winging it". In our era of subjectivity craftless people like Miranda or say Jason Aldean can profit immensely, by churning out formulaic tripe for the masses.

Motzart and Beethoven didn't have that luxury. We used to have what were called "standards"
Now here is a song that hits all the right notes.

This quickly rises to the top of all your dumb posts. The song is a great one and puts to music similar points in one of the greatest speeches ever delivered by a President..

And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free

The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here; while it can never forget what they did here.

And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

It is rather for us, the living, we here be dedicated to the great task remaining before us that, from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here, gave the last full measure of devotion that we here highly resolve these dead shall not have died in vain; that the nation, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Please tell me your post is a parody. LOL.

Reactions: outside shooter
Like clockwork, Trump appears tonight at a rally with that insipid "song" blaring the MAGA lowlifes.

Many of the references to Clinton are believed to stem from Giuffre’s attempts to compel the former president to testify against the late sex offender and his former paramour and co-conspirator, Ghislaine Maxwell.
Other Clinton mentions are expected to be related to attempts from both Maxwell and Giuffre to make Epstein come clean in 2016 after he repeatedly invoked his Fifth Amendment rights during a deposition in that lawsuit.
The documents are not expected to implicate Clinton in any illegal activity, ABC reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT