ADVERTISEMENT

The election has changed.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
Trump continues to play to his base which he already has locked up. Harris has retrieved the 90% black vote for another cycle. She also has the women vote. The only women who don't support abortion for medical problems are religious and don't know any friends who have suffered a pregnancy that they want with a myriad of complications.

Trump continues to play to his base which he already has locked up. Harris has retrieved the 90% black vote for another cycle. She also has the women vote. The only women who don't support abortion for medical problems are religious and don't know any friends who have suffered a pregnancy that they want with a myriad of complications.
Biden dropping out definitely helped, but it doesn't change the economic reality. Is Trump really bad enough to make people forget how expensive everything is?

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
Dead heat as of today. Trump now vacillating on whether he'll even debate Harris.
If he’d bother to prepare he absolutely should debate if he’s just going to wing it and replicate his shitty performance from the last debate f it

Reactions: ribbont
How is Harris this good? I'm shocked. I thought she was a sure loser. But the Trumpers are terrified.
Trump is deeply unpopular. He has a historically low ceiling. Trumpsters are terrified because they are realizing he is no longer as likely to win as after the debate with Biden and now has a very real chance to lose. The trend is against Trump now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Trump is deeply unpopular. He has a historically low ceiling. Trumpsters are terrified because they are realizing is no longer likely to win as after the debate with Biden and now has a very real chance to lose. The trend is against Trump now.
it’s early. She’s riding a new horse high. She is who she is. The most liberal senator we had tethered to Biden’s shitty policies. A candidate who got into this nominee spot by serendipity. Conservatives will step up; those who prefer progressive policies won’t. It’s as easy as that

Reactions: DANC
Is it any surprise? Not to me. Folks know what Trump is. People are going to be reminded why Harris dropped out of the race in 2020. Then people will remember the border, gas and grocery prices.
Thier is nothing more dangerous that an educated female. Most women know how dangerous a pregnancy can be and you left the issue out of your response. Visit a pioneer cemetery and notice all the little stones and the mothers that died in childbirth. They don't want abortion on demand, but they do want a chance to live or have a healthy child.

it’s early. She’s riding a new horse high. She is who she is. The most liberal senator we had tethered to Biden’s shitty policies. A candidate who got into this nominee spot by serendipity. Conservatives will step up; those who prefer progressive policies won’t. It’s as easy as that
It’s really as simple as making the very gigantic mistake of nominating a deeply unpopular Trump rather than Haley, Scott or DeSantis. This would be a GOP race to lose right now.

She is not good but she is lucky to be running against a transitional Republican Party.

Last edited:
It’s really as simple as making the very gigantic mistake of nominating a deeply unpopular Trump rather than Haley, Scott or DeSantis. This would be a GOP race to lose right now.
No it’s not. That’s old news. We have an election in November. These are the candidates. Both of whom with markedly different policies. Policies. Policies. Outcomes. Consequences.

Reactions: 76-1
She is not good buy she is lucky to be running against a transitional Republican Party.
It’s not transitional. This has been the candidate from 16-24. 3 elections. That’s not an anomaly. This is the party. He appealed to what voters wanted in 16 and hasn’t changed. The electorate’s concerns changed. Just as the left has changed. Progressives are the choice. Hence Harris. These are the parties, these are the nominees.

No it’s not. That’s old news. We have an election in November. These are the candidates. Both of whom with markedly different policies. Policies. Policies. Outcomes. Consequences.
We’ll see. It may come down to Trump’s very low ceiling due to his entrenched unpopularity. Don’t be surprised if that’s the case. If we had nominated Haley the first female President would very likely have been a Republican. That sure would have been nice.

It’s not transitional. This has been the candidate from 16-24. 3 elections. That’s not an anomaly. This is the party. He appealed to what voters wanted in 16 and hasn’t changed. The electorate’s concerns changed.
He needs to attract votes beyond his base. I am saying he is still playing to his base which he has locked up.

Last edited:
We’ll see. It may come down to Trump’s very low season due to his entrenched unpopularity. Don’t be surprised if that’s the case. If we had nominated Haley the first female President would very likely have been a Republican. That sure would have been nice.
That’s conjecture. The actual party had no interest in her. She got destroyed. Joe and DANC and Dbm and so many others may not have voted for her. Maybe rfk Jr instead

He needs to attract votes beyond his base. I and saying he is still playing to his base which he has locked up.
I think, and I’m guessing but I believe this, that the old dogs like you and aloha and the new trump crowd like Dbm and ddt have to come together or republicans will never win. Dbm isn’t voting for someone aloha likes. Aloha won’t vote for trump. That’s the problem. Intra not inter imo. I don’t believe any of the Dems. I think they are more unified than they present and give lip service to voting for a moderate R but in truth the party has moved left and they’re voting D. California D to boot. Harris. Next will be Newsom

We’ll see. It may come down to Trump’s very low ceiling due to his entrenched unpopularity. Don’t be surprised if that’s the case. If we had nominated Haley the first female President would very likely have been a Republican. That sure would have been nice.
Take the policies and write down what the Dem will do and what the pub will do. Pick the one that comports with your positions. If it’s the name that influences then you’re allowing personal animus to color your decision

That’s conjecture. The actual party had no interest in her. She got destroyed. Joe and DANC and Dbm and so many others may not have voted for her. Maybe rfk Jr instead
Voters in the primaries, both sides, tend to be the more extreme minority which are more motivated. The devoted MAGAs are not the majority of the party. They are a loud and motivated minority of the party. They are motivated by Trump but will likely remain Republicans once he’s gone.

Even after Haley dropped out she was getting around 25% of the primary votes. Those people wanted to show they weren’t happy with the nominee. They’re likely only a fraction of Republicans that aren’t happy with Trump. Trump has the loyal MAGAs and Republicans that will hold their noses and vote for him because he is a “Republican” and that’s the vast majority of his support. He’s not going to get much more support than that.

Take the policies and write down what the Dem will do and what the pub will do. Pick the one that comports with your positions. If it’s the name that influences then you’re allowing personal animus to color your decision
You mistake my honest conviction that Trump is unfit as a person in every way for the office as animus. In his case I do not care what he claims his policies are. I don’t believe he means anything he says.

Voters in the primaries, both sides, tend to be the more extreme minority which are more motivated. The devoted MAGAs are not the majority of the party. They are a loud and motivated minority of the party. They are motivated by Trump but will likely remain Republicans once he’s gone.

Even after Haley dropped out she was getting around 25% of the primary votes. Those people wanted to show they weren’t happy with the nominee. They’re likely only a fraction of Republicans that aren’t happy with Trump. Trump has the loyal MAGAs and Republicans that will hold their noses and vote for him because he is a “Republican” and that’s the vast majority of his support. He’s not going to get much more support than that.
I think he’d get much more than Haley. I think the party has changed and your take on maga vastly underestimates the numbers. Again this is now three straight elections. It’s dismissive to say it’s just him. He captured angst that old school republicans missed completely. Maga is the party

I think he’d get much more than Haley. I think the party has changed and your take on maga vastly underestimates the numbers. Again this is now three straight elections. It’s dismissive to say it’s just him. He captured angst that old school republicans missed completely. Maga is the party
And if you sit home you can get out of our party. You’ll be culpable for the progressive nonsense. This isn’t like some centrist manchin running.

He captured an angst among the MAGAs for sure. If that remains a major factor once he’s gone, you will be right and I’ll be out and the party will need to win elections without a large group of Republicans like me. Time will tell.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
I think there is zero logic in your position. None. I think you’re all feelings.
It isn’t feelings. Not at all. This is another mistake people make. Character matters for the office of President and Trump doesn’t meet the bare minimum requirements. Leadership ability matters and Trump is not a leader at all. He’s nothing more than a bully. He has followers for sure, but he’ll never be able to lead the majority of Americans in a crisis.

Once again, I will never vote for Trump. There is no use in trying to change my mind. I don’t expect to change yours. Those who want Trump to win, take comfort in the fact that my vote will not prevent Ohio from going for Trump.

He captured an angst among the MAGAs for sure. If that remains a major factor once he’s gone, you will be right and I’ll be out and the party will need to win elections without a large group of Republicans like me. Time will tell.
You realize that the other side concealed the condition of the president for months if not years correct? That their highest card is abortion and Harris has lied through her teeth about trump calling for a national ban correct? That inflation is the top issue for most Americans and Biden claimed it was 9 percent when he took office on multiple occasions. The other side is no better. These are two lying parties that will say and do anything.

Last edited:
It isn’t feelings. Not at all. This is another mistake people make. Character matters for the office of President and Trump doesn’t meet the bare minimum requirements. Leadership ability matters and Trump is not a leader at all. He’s nothing more than a bully. He has followers for sure, but he’ll never be able to lead the majority of Americans in a crisis.

Once again, I will never vote for Trump. There is no use in trying to change my mind. I don’t expect to change yours. Those who want Trump to win, take comfort in the fact that my vote will not prevent Ohio from going for Trump.
You post incessantly about trump. I’ll reply with my take on same .

Trump is too dangerous to our country to allow back in the White House. How can anyone forget that he resisted leaving last time? The guy should be in prison.
Is he still there? How was he removed? Military? Link the video of his removal evidencing his resisting. A couple hundred goofs stormed the Capitol. Trump went to court

Last edited:
You realize that the other side concealed the condition of the president for months of not years correct? That their highest card is abortion and Harris has lied through her teeth about trump calling for a national ban correct? That abortion is the top issue for most Americans and Biden claimed it was 9 percent when he took office on multiple occasions. The other side is no better. These are two lying parties that will say and do anything.
Trump is now OK with abortion for any reason until birth if that’s what a state’s law is. Don’t know about you, but I’m not good with that.

Yes, both sides are lying. I pointed out that Biden’s 9 percent inflation claim was a lie. I also pointed out that Trump lied when he said prices had doubled, tripled and quadrupled under Biden. The stolen election lie will be the one we read about in history for decades though.

• Sad
Reactions: MrBing and Willdog7
Trump is now OK with abortion for any reason until birth if that’s what a state’s law is. Don’t know about you, but I’m not good with that.

Yes, both sides are lying. I pointed out that Biden’s 9 percent inflation claim was a lie. I also pointed out that Trump lied when he said prices had doubled, tripled and quadrupled under Biden. The stolen election lies will be the one we read about in history for decades though.
Trump is letting the state’s decide. Good. We live now. And we have a party who has concealed the condition of the president to the public and blatantly lied about two of the major issues facing Americans. Why should we believe anything the Dems say? Why are they fit for office when they’ve been caught lying in such an egregious way?

Biden dropping out definitely helped, but it doesn't change the economic reality. Is Trump really bad enough to make people forget how expensive everything is?
It is not only economics, it trumps Fascism, buying the Supreme Court and most importantly Project 2025.

• Haha

Yes, both sides are lying. I pointed out that Biden’s 9 percent inflation claim was a lie. I also pointed out that Trump lied when he said prices had doubled, tripled and quadrupled under Biden. The stolen election lie will be the one we read about in history for decades though.
I disagree, Biden does and did not want to be a dictator. The words came out of his mouth. If elected we will not have to vote again.

January 6th is a big problem for Trump. A lot of people won’t even get to the policies because his refusal to allow a peaceful transfer of power was huge deal.

Wrong. I’ve over and over, I’m not married to Trump. I am though, totally divorced from anything Dem now and I’ve placed a restraining order on the whole damn party.

I think there is zero logic in your position. None. I think you’re all feelings.
He's changed his "policies" on a number of things. He panders, but ultimately, his actual ACTIONS will always end up being what suits he and his family.

He had ample opportunity in his first term to get a lot of campaign policy promises accomplished... he largely punted. Even his tax break didn't end up helping most of his core constituents.

Maybe to your point, a tree stump with a red tie, would be better for the traditional conservatives wants and needs than Harris would be. But for millions of non progressive voters, Trump is worse than a tree stump would be.

How is Harris this good? I'm shocked. I thought she was a sure loser. But the Trumpers are terrified.
She’s not clearly mentally unfit to be the leader of the free world.

This nation is divided. People overwhelmingly vote based on tribal affiliation, not ideas or personalities except in extreme limiting cases.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

He's changed his "policies" on a number of things. He panders, but ultimately, his actual ACTIONS will always end up being what suits he and his family.

He had ample opportunity in his first term to get a lot of campaign policy promises accomplished... he largely punted. Even his tax break didn't end up helping most of his core constituents.

Maybe to your point, a tree stump with a red tie, would be better for the traditional conservatives wants and needs than Harris would be. But for millions of non progressive voters, Trump is worse than a tree stump would be.
A tree stump that did nothing would be preferable to a progressive agenda of tax hikes ten trillion for climate open borders etc

People were looking for an option that wasn't a corpse and that's how low the bar is...and now they have it and Harris is going to win, especially when she gets another bounce form whoever her VP pick is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT