ADVERTISEMENT

Tampon Tim and the Culture War

Dec 1, 2011
I think Tampon Tim is a hilarious nickname that will never go away. Regulating that all public boys bathrooms need to have tampons in them is a waste of taxpayer money.

However, IMO, it's low on the list of priorities. I don't know the $ commitment it takes, but I'm confident its a blip (500k?) in the grand scheme of government budgets. We all could put together an unending list of things that the government has wasted way more money on. COVID relief. The RedLine in downtown Indy. The floating pier in gaza. Cyber Ninjas. Etc Etc.

I don't care about Trans policy. I don't know any Trans people. I rarely see any trans people. My kids aren't threatened by trans people.

Maybe I'll care once the inevitable prankster introduces vodka enemas to his friends. Until then, IDGAF about tampons.

DANC - I was motivated by you to stand for something. Tampons.

I don't care about Trans policy. I don't know any Trans people. I rarely see any trans people. My kids aren't threatened by trans people.
From the commentary from some folks you'd think he's forced boys to USE tampons.

It seems like such a non-issue.

Premise 1: Trans kids exist
Premise 2: A female-->male trans kid could/would still menstruate
Premise 3: Minnesota doesn't require school bathrooms to be used by kids based on birth sex
Conclusion: There will likely be menstruating kids using the boys' bathrooms somewhere at sometime.

And the only extra cost would seem to be the cost of installing the dispensers in every bathroom. Other than that, the actual stock can still be rotated as needed to avoid product expiration.

But what can ya do? The outrage machine gotta outrage.

And I really only quoted your post for the bolded part. That's something I'm curious about. I wonder how many trans people we actually do see in our day-to-day but don't realize are trans? If we're in cities of any size, I bet we see more than we think. And I'd also bet we see more people who AREN'T trans but get casually identified as such because they have the "wrong" traits for their sex/gender.

I think Tampon Tim is a hilarious nickname that will never go away. Regulating that all public boys bathrooms need to have tampons in them is a waste of taxpayer money.

However, IMO, it's low on the list of priorities. I don't know the $ commitment it takes, but I'm confident its a blip (500k?) in the grand scheme of government budgets. We all could put together an unending list of things that the government has wasted way more money on. COVID relief. The RedLine in downtown Indy. The floating pier in gaza. Cyber Ninjas. Etc Etc.

Maybe I'll care once the inevitable prankster introduces vodka enemas to his friends. Until then, IDGAF about tampons.

I don't think the name will stick at all, despite the MAGA cult repeating it multiple times.

Harris/Walz have done a great job so far in framing the GOP ticket as weirdos (because they are). The MAGA cult trying to get a nickname to stick is like the band geek trying to get a nickname to stick on the all-american QB. The general consensus on that is 'whatever, weirdo nerd'.

From the commentary from some folks you'd think he's forced boys to USE tampons.

Premise 3: Minnesota doesn't require school bathrooms to be used by kids based on birth sex
Conclusion: There will likely be menstruating kids using the boys' bathrooms somewhere at sometime.

And the only extra cost would seem to be the cost of installing the dispensers in every bathroom. Other than that, the actual stock can still be rotated as needed to avoid product expiration.

And I really only quoted your post for the bolded part. That's something I'm curious about. I wonder how many trans people we actually do see in our day-to-day but don't realize are trans? If we're in cities of any size, I bet we see more than we think. And I'd also bet we see more people who AREN'T trans but get casually identified as such because they have the "wrong" traits for their sex/gender.
It’s made an issue by the left. They’ve highlighted it from White House visits etc and the media has run with it. I get the feeling much of this board lives in small towns. I have no idea if they’ve had reassignment hormone blockers etc but there are “trannies” based on dress and makeup etc at my daughter’s Jr high and they are at the high school.

My guess is it’s a wtf for us old guys but for her gen it’ll be a nothing burger. Their tolerance is better. The focus on lgbqt etc from this admin seems a bit much given everything else that has transpired. Walz seems a match made in heaven for them

We are going to continue to be a very divided country

I don't think the name will stick at all, despite the MAGA cult repeating it multiple times.

Harris/Walz have done a great job so far in framing the GOP ticket as weirdos (because they are). The MAGA cult trying to get a nickname to stick is like the band geek trying to get a nickname to stick on the all-american QB. The general consensus on that is 'whatever, weirdo nerd'.
Unlike the Democratic cult who keep bringing up couches. Right?

Re the OP, like most things, the nickname and the incident is a stand-in for what the Republicans want the electorate to think the candidate cares about, what his priorities are. The tampon-in-the-bathroom thing is just an example of all the whacky stuff today's bizarre far left thinks important vs. the real issues in society (like the OP discusses).

And it's become a bigger issue for the far-right. This (trans-related topics) is a top story for the New York Post and other pro-Trump media outlets almost every day.
And the left brought it to the forefront and has trannies showing their toys on the White House lawn. It’s in keeping with an administration that focuses on identity over merit and is desirous of equality of outcome over opp.

What's wild is that Tampon Trump was the one wearing one on his ear for a few days.

Re the OP, like most things, the nickname and the incident is a stand-in for what the Republicans want the electorate to think the candidate cares about, what his priorities are. The tampon-in-the-bathroom thing is just an example of all the whacky stuff today's bizarre far left thinks important vs. the real issues in society (like the OP discusses).
I've been told that Republican voters don't care about those types of issues. In fact, I'm told almost daily here that all that matters is the price of groceries and gas and reducing inflation. If this is true, then the GOP fear mongering about tampons in bathrooms doesn't seem like a winning strategy and I hope Trump/Vance and their surrogates keep hammering it.

And the voters that Trump needs to capture don't give a shit about progressive stuff and they find name-calling immature and not befitting our president. As someone pointed out yesterday, most undercideds aren't voting on details of policy. THey're voting on how they feel about the candidates and Trump and Vance supply them daily with things that are off-putting and beneath the role of PUSA.

Trans kids don’t exist*. Adults (like Walz) pushing kids into believing they are trans exist.

Walz making Minnesota a sanctuary state for trans kids is gives the finger to the whole body of law regarding interstate enforcement of child custody orders. So much for saving democracy.

*chromosome abnormalities are a different issue.

Trans kids don’t exist*. Adults (like Walz) pushing kids into believing they are trans exist.

Walz making Minnesota a sanctuary state for trans kids is gives the finger to the whole body of law regarding interstate enforcement of child custody orders. So much for saving democracy.

The issuing custody order judge would have to sign off if a parent objected to the move

Reactions: BradStevens

Does being trans at all exist? If so, at what age does it happen to someone?

Reactions: UncleMark
True. But if an out of state parent- child go to Minnesota for trans treatment, an objecting parent has no standing.
When my ex wife and I got divorced we had a home in stl and a place in Sarasota. Missouri order governed had she just stayed at our place in fla

It’s made an issue by the left. They’ve highlighted it from White House visits etc and the media has run with it. I get the feeling much of this board lives in small towns. I have no idea if they’ve had reassignment hormone blockers etc but there are “trannies” based on dress and makeup etc at my daughter’s Jr high and they are at the high school.

My guess is it’s a wtf for us old guys but for her gen it’ll be a nothing burger. Their tolerance is better. The focus on lgbqt etc from this admin seems a bit much given everything else that has transpired. Walz seems a match made in heaven for them

We are going to continue to be a very divided country

Agree. It's a nothing burger to most younger people. I live in a small town with high school enrollment of 250. At one point we had 3 kids in some sort of phase of transitioning from female to male.

That seemed like a lot to me for a small farm school. I asked my 2 teen boys at the time about their thoughts. Both shrugged and more or less said who cares.

Agree. It's a nothing burger to most younger people. I live in a small town with high school enrollment of 250. At one point we had 3 kids in some sort of phase of transitioning from female to male.

That seemed like a lot to me for a small farm school. I asked my 2 teen boys at the time about their thoughts. Both shrugged and more or less said who cares.
There’s one who dresses like a boy that is part of my daughter’s extended crowd. Two moms. One is the school nurse. Very very smart girl. But yes their crowd is a big mixed bag. Very accepting.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I've been told that Republican voters don't care about those types of issues. In fact, I'm told almost daily here that all that matters is the price of groceries and gas and reducing inflation. If this is true, then the GOP fear mongering about tampons in bathrooms doesn't seem like a winning strategy and I hope Trump/Vance and their surrogates keep hammering it.
Wrong….societal norms matter.

I used to believe that the transgender thing was rare, but as my kids have been going through high school, it's becoming alot more prevalent. I know one girl who transitioned to being a boy over the course of 3 years. I've known him since she was in junior high. When I asked my son if there were others, he listed off another dozen kids at his school who were either transitioning or going non-binary.
We're in a fringe suburb area of Columbus, OH (just on the edge of where the real farmland starts), so we are not exactly small town, but not big city either. HS class size about 500.

The thing that is interesting is that the kids in his school don't really care / make a big deal about it. It's kinda become an accepted norm and nobody bullies anybody about it. In retrospect, there were probably several kids that I knew in my high school that would have transitioned if it was less of a taboo concept back then.

I kinda agree with the overall point. I think this is a much bigger issue for adults than it is for the 18-25 demographic.

My post and yours are fairly similar (just took mine longer to type. :))

I used to believe that the transgender thing was rare, but as my kids have been going through high school, it's becoming alot more prevalent. I know one girl who transitioned to being a boy over the course of 3 years. I've known him since she was in junior high. When I asked my son if there were others, he listed off another dozen kids at his school who were either transitioning or going non-binary.
We're in a fringe suburb area of Columbus, OH (just on the edge of where the real farmland starts), so we are not exactly small town, but not big city either. HS class size about 500.

The thing that is interesting is that the kids in his school don't really care / make a big deal about it. It's kinda become an accepted norm and nobody bullies anybody about it. In retrospect, there were probably several kids that I knew in my high school that would have transitioned if it was less of a taboo concept back then.

I kinda agree with the overall point. I think this is a much bigger issue for adults than it is for the 18-25 demographic.
I lived in worthington for a while. Went through mls combines at Ohio state

So thinking that all bathrooms should have tampon dispensers to acknowledge that trans people do exist is wrong? That is a real issue faced by some in our society and apparently costs the taxpayers nothing to implement.

Sounds like a logical law. Doesn't mean that law was the top priority regardless of how the bigot republicans want to attack it because they apparently think anything that makes life a little easier for trans is wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
And the left brought it to the forefront and has trannies showing their toys on the White House lawn. It’s in keeping with an administration that focuses on identity over merit and is desirous of equality of outcome over opp.
That person was banned from ever coming back to the White House.

Yet you want to make believe that was somehow planned and supported by the White House. Again showing you have no clue what you are talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and DANC

Pushing kids into believing they are trans?

Do you really believe the shit you spew or just spewing without thinking?

Reactions: T.M.P.
That person was banned from ever coming back to the White House.

Yet you want to make believe that was somehow planned and supported by the White House. Again showing you have no clue what you are talking about.
They broke in? Breached security? Or was that person invited?

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT