ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl Rosters "Star Ratings"

Once again these high school star ratings simply show (to me anyway) that the star ratings aren't anywhere near the big deal they're advertised as being and that, once again, "it's not where you start, it's where you finish" that matters...

See Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...49ers-starters-rated-as-high-school-recruits/
The Super Bowl rosters is such a small sample size. I'd rather see it expanded to the entire NFL. There are plenty of talented players that might never smell the playoffs, much less the SB, because they play for organizations that don't care about winning, just making money (Bengals, Browns, Lions Raiders, Texans, etc).

It is surprising to see how many weren't rated. Ratings are a crap shoot and it is very important for college coaches to be very good evaluators knowing what their system needs. There are many very good high school players overlooked by colleges.

And yet....the teams with the best recruits year over year continue to disproportionally dominate college football. I'm not saying Iowa doesn't beat Ohio State, but when was the last time Alabama lost to a team of 2 and 3 star players? 2014?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT