ADVERTISEMENT

SOTU serious thread

It’s going to be Caleb. I’m 99% sure. The problem is I don’t know that the market for Fields is going to be all that great. Cousins and Mayfield will land first, then some team might snap up Fields but I doubt it’s going to be for much more than a 3rd round pick.

Man I am waaaaay too fantasy football centric but over the past two years Fields has put up top 5 average numbers....better than Herbert, better than Jackson and Kyler, just below Allen, Hurts and Mahommes.

I understand real football isn't fantasy football but man...his combination of his legs and arm is elite. He unlocked DJ Moore. The best wideout Fields has had so far and he's a small speed guy.

Give him a halfway decent line for time and another receiving weapon like Harrison Jr, Tee Higgins, Sutton, Ridley, etc and he can be the elite fantasy QB which most times means real football success.

There's a thread on the other board (AOTF???) that Brad and North are tsking me over about with Fields.

Oh, Johnson joins the standing O!

Johnson had a tough job tonight knowing that the camera would be on him the entire time so he had to pay attention to everything said so he could be selective in his approval.

That being said, yeah 20 minutes could be easily cut short if we cut the standing O's for every damn spoken sentence.

I would be willing to let people applaud for now...but FFS sit the eff down people!

Good lord. Biden delivers the most bizarre state of the union in memory and the posts here about the responder being a sorority girl?

This board really sucks.
No one thinks it’s bizarre but you so…
And what you added to the discussion was nonsense about Biden being demented so you have zero room to talk.

Are you kidding? No pacing. No variation. No humor. No unifying lines. No humility. No appreciation for the audience or public; instead insults to all Republicans and Supreme Court justices. He opens with the state of the union of a different country. Nothing but shouting and screaming. Poorly written and poorly delivered. There is nothing strong about any of it.
Lmao. Listened to Fox a few minutes and even they disagree with you. There was all of what you said it was missing.

No, but they aren't magic, either. This man is old. Too old. But he doesn't have dementia. A man with dementia can't give this speech.

Even my gf was nervous before the speech because of all of the 'he's dementia added! He can't even put on his Velcro shoes and needs to be fed applesauce by his handlers!'

Ever since the 20 primary debates Biden has been able to get over the insanely lowered bar from these attacks.

When Biden debated Bernie the Bernie bros were so excited for him to get destroyed....and Biden actually beat Bernie in that debate as Bernie tripped over some questions where Biden was basically clean.

I remember Buttigieg 'winning' most early debates...then he didn't 'win' them later because as Axlerod said, he's a very effective public speaker and that's now built in.

Biden 'won' a debate because he yelled at the audience to 'stand for Vindman'. That's how low his bar was.

His opponents keep lowering the bar though so please conservatives, continue lowering that bar for him.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
whatever. I know many people who are 80+ and are not demented. Biden is demented. You can take it to the bank.
Lmao ok Dr Demento. I’m beginning to think you may have that issue yourself. Maybe that’s why you are so quick to see it where it clearly doesn’t exist.

Reactions: Noodle
Yes you did. You implied she got chosen for the rebuttal just because Republicans are trying to win over women.

That’s disgusting. You are a disgusting misogynist.
Did you hear her say anything about her states. Ew IVF law? Nope. Wonder why. You must not pay attention. Everything is political. And they chose her for exactly that reason. They are losing the woman vote because they chose to ignore today’s modern woman and what they want. Next up is contraception. If you don’t believe that just listen to the loudest voices in the party. Best be careful. When you elect a dictator he comes for your cherished right next what ever that may be.

Tossing and turning unable to sleep at 2 AM while you wonder how you are going to be in three places at once and still get dinner on the table...

Yep. Women of America, the Republican Party totally still gets you.
Who said that, Britt? That’s an asinine statement regardless. Pandering is pathetic. I make dinner 5 days out of 7. Probably because I cook fantastic meat.

RIP my family’s cholesterol.

Man I am waaaaay too fantasy football centric but over the past two years Fields has put up top 5 average numbers....better than Herbert, better than Jackson and Kyler, just below Allen, Hurts and Mahommes.

I understand real football isn't fantasy football but man...his combination of his legs and arm is elite. He unlocked DJ Moore. The best wideout Fields has had so far and he's a small speed guy.

Give him a halfway decent line for time and another receiving weapon like Harrison Jr, Tee Higgins, Sutton, Ridley, etc and he can be the elite fantasy QB which most times means real football success.

There's a thread on the other board (AOTF???) that Brad and North are tsking me over about with Fields.
No. He had a decent oline this year. Had weapons around him and still couldn't average 200 yards per game passing. In the NFC North which was not great defensively this year.

Trade him for a couple picks. Get Williams at #1 and hope someone like the WR for Washington is there at #9. Draft mainly D line the rest of the draft. Maybe some more o line. Tight end maybe.

The Bears, like IU athletics, needs to quit f-cking around and being cheap asses.

Who said that, Britt? That’s an asinine statement regardless. Pandering is pathetic. I make dinner 5 days out of 7. Probably because I cook fantastic meat.

RIP my family’s cholesterol.
Damn straight. My ole lady was bemoaning what to make for dinner with this chicken and these mushrooms that we need to use. I stormed in and dropped some motherf$cking chicken scallopini on the family. Because that’s the shit I can do.

Even Fox News is giving Biden some praise today.

Overall he did well for being so god damned old. He leaned into that a little at the end which is what he should do. Be Americas super old loveable but sassy grandpa. Say weird folksy shit and back it up with a little zinger everyone now and then. America needs a "slow down there Skippy. Let's eat some soup and watch the latest dateline" era.

And MTG? WTF was that dumb shit. If a 900 year old man makes you look stupid it's time to think about a new profession.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Wait why is she in her kitchen? That’s embarrassing…talk about pandering and virtue signaling.
Yeah, I much prefer those book case backdrops with hundreds of books nobody reads. You would think somebody would have told her to put some cookbooks in the scene.

Even Fox News is giving Biden some praise today.

Overall he did well for being so god damned old. He leaned into that a little at the end which is what he should do. Be Americas super old loveable but sassy grandpa. Say weird folksy shit and back it up with a little zinger everyone now and then. America needs a "slow down there Skippy. Let's eat some soup and watch the latest dateline" era.

And MTG? WTF was that dumb shit. If a 900 year old man makes you look stupid it's time to think about a new profession.
That was probably the single most pathetic and inappropriate State of the Union in history. Starting out with Ukraine? Who cares about that when groceries and even fast food burgers are so expensive? But potato chips are in his crosshairs . And the Script was so badly written he didn't even speak In his own platitudes. He said an illegal killed Lincoln [sic] Riley followed by “HOW MANY THOUSAND OF PEOPLE NOT BEING KILLED TO ILLEGAL!!“. Well at least he got the illegal part right in that moment. But he does believe they have a right to come here.

And . . .why was this man shouting?

I don't think it was the content of the speech. More the delivery and setting. Was fkn weird. Honestly could only watch part of it. I get what they were trying to do but it did not work.

That may be. I didn’t watch any of the nonsense. But the intent should have been obvious, even if the execution was flawed.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Do you think that is what she was doing? I think they were specifically trying to retake some female suburbs votes.

What was she virtue signaling for?
Oh I think they were trying to do that. And I think it’s extremely funny that they think the way to do that is portraying a professional woman by being in her kitchen. It’s not the 50’s.

That was probably the single most pathetic and inappropriate State of the Union in history. Starting out with Ukraine? Who cares about that when groceries and even fast food burgers are so expensive? But potato chips are in his crosshairs . And the Script was so badly written he didn't even speak In his own platitudes. He said an illegal killed Lincoln [sic] Riley followed by “HOW MANY THOUSAND OF PEOPLE NOT BEING KILLED TO ILLEGAL!!“. Well at least he got the illegal part right in that moment. But he does believe they have a right to come here.

And . . .why was this man shouting?
You're sort of dramatic aren't you.

What are you comparing last night to? Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama? Then Ok. If comparing it to any presidential speech in the past say 7 years then no, I don't agree. It was the best SOTU we've heard in 7 years. That's where we are are right now.

Oh I think they were trying to do that. And I think it’s extremely funny that they think the way to do that is portraying a professional woman by being in her kitchen. It’s not the 50’s.
7599552428_732caf1738_z.jpg

And you call me Dr. Demento?

If Biden was alone and your dad, you’d have him in assisted living.
Is there an apartment available next to you? What a joke. Your posting has gone downhill the last couple of years. The years are catching up CO.

And you call me Dr. Demento?

If Biden was alone and your dad, you’d have him in assisted living.
If Trump was alone and your dad, you'd have disowned him by now...either that or called a mental hospital to pick up their patient.

Because that's where she belongs?
Are you kidding? No pacing. No variation. No humor. No unifying lines. No humility. No appreciation for the audience or public; instead insults to all Republicans and Supreme Court justices. He opens with the state of the union of a different country. Nothing but shouting and screaming. Poorly written and poorly delivered. There is nothing strong about any of it.
I doubt Biden will lose any sleep losing the vote of you or people who think like you do...You weren't the target...
Donald Trump Al Smith Dinner GIF by Election 2016
The Doug Mastriano of North Carolina who the Pubs foolishly nominated for Governor, seconds that emotion...

How do you make the race in the state that resulted in the closest Biden loss in 2020 even more competitive? Put someone as controversial as Robinson who makes depairing remarks about women, refers to LGBTQ citizens as "filth" and refers to the Holocaust as "hogwash" at the top of the ticket. An instant cure for Dem/moderate apathy...

We saw this movie in PA, bigoted right-wing zealot runs for Governor against centrist Dem candidate who happens to be Jewish. The only thing missing is Robinson boasting about being at Jan 6.

Not gonna end well for MAGA in a state where another popular Dem centrist is already a 2 term Governor...

Reactions: TommyCracker
Well he wasn’t confused about getting on or off the dais. Nor did he blankly pause followed by a “whatever”. But he didn’t do pretty good.
Well he didn't wander off on a tangent about which death would be worse "electocushon" or shark either. So there's that...

• Haha
Reactions: TommyCracker
Playing some of the best golf courses in the world daily with your dad would be horrible. NOT!
Yea because playing golf with a cheater is so awesome and the only available option to play golf at all. No alternatives whatsoever...sarcasm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT