ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry (not sorry) for new post re: McNutt's golf question

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
Am I the only one who felt the question McButt raised about the closest to the pin winner using a forward tee was drenched in irony?

Here he is asking about the ethics of using a forward tee to win a contest in a sport whose very fabric is designed to level the playing field for competitors of all skills.

McNutt has a handicap that he uses to compete in tournaments and club championships. Using a forward tee (if you're eligible) is exactly the same thing. It creates a more level playing field.

I have no doubt McTesticles would/has kept golf winnings that he earned not because his raw score was the best, but because his handicap adjusted his score to be the best.

How is that any more fair to the golfer who had a better raw score than it was to McTesticles losing a lousy CTTP contest because someone got a 30yard tee advantage?

Someday we will all have our AOTF world irreparably damaged when we find out that McFuddy-Duddy has simply been one of the most awesome fictional characters brought to life and shared with us right here as if he were real. I rue that day.

McNutt is 2nd only to the Rcab. That idiot liked to bang tranny's but led a good storyline.

Am I the only one who felt the question McButt raised about the closest to the pin winner using a forward tee was drenched in irony?

Here he is asking about the ethics of using a forward tee to win a contest in a sport whose very fabric is designed to level the playing field for competitors of all skills.

McNutt has a handicap that he uses to compete in tournaments and club championships. Using a forward tee (if you're eligible) is exactly the same thing. It creates a more level playing field.

I have no doubt McTesticles would/has kept golf winnings that he earned not because his raw score was the best, but because his handicap adjusted his score to be the best.

How is that any more fair to the golfer who had a better raw score than it was to McTesticles losing a lousy CTTP contest because someone got a 30yard tee advantage?

Someday we will all have our AOTF world irreparably damaged when we find out that McFuddy-Duddy has simply been one of the most awesome fictional characters brought to life and shared with us right here as if he were real. I rue that day.

Yeah, it's a good point. I don't even know what the rules are for using various tees; isn't it based on your handicap? We always just determine before starting which tee's we'll use, but those are just games with friends. I assumed in a tournament, you'd be assigned the set of tees based on your handicap, and that's the one you'd use, so for closest to the pin, or longest drive, if they had it, all would be eligible based on that.

Any half ass club pro knows to assign different holes for closest to pin based upon both handicap and tees played. Same with things like longest drive.

Mcnutt may well be crazy, but he's correct about this topic

It wasn't just a 30-yard advantage, it was a 60-yard advantage. I hit a 7-wood from approximately 200 yards, but I could have hit an 8-iron from the 140-yard tees some of the other guys were using in the event. That is a huge difference!

It wasn't just a 30-yard advantage, it was a 60-yard advantage. I hit a 7-wood from approximately 200 yards, but I could have hit an 8-iron from the 140-yard tees some of the other guys were using in the event. That is a huge difference!

Why not complain to your incompetent pro, rather than on here?

First world, white people problems.....WGAFF.

For someone who loves playing the game, you sure bitch about it alot.....if you made a living at it I'd understand, but you're a hack who 3 putts away any birdie (hell, par) opportunity on a course you've probably played a thousand times. Just relish the ability to actually play a game for fun.

Reactions: T.M.P.

Do you complain when you win $ even though you only won it because your handicap improved you score enough to beat someone else who had a lower score?

Do you complain when you win $ even though you only won it because your handicap improved you score enough to beat someone else who had a lower score?

We have net competition and gross competition. In other words, the lowest score wins the gross competition and the lowest score after deducting the handicap wins the net competition. Everybody competed for the closest to the pin regardless of which tees they played. However, it was tougher for me to beat the hackers than it was the scratch golfers for closest to the pin because I played the same tees as the scratch golfers. In other words, the hackers playing the front tees had a huge advantage.

We have net competition and gross competition. In other words, the lowest score wins the gross competition and the lowest score after deducting the handicap wins the net competition. Everybody competed for the closest to the pin regardless of which tees they played. However, it was tougher for me to beat the hackers than it was the scratch golfers for closest to the pin because I played the same tees as the scratch golfers. In other words, the hackers playing the front tees had a huge advantage.

That's on you buddy. If you were just as eligible to play from those front tees as anyone else and you decided against it so you could show what a manly man you were, then tough cow dung for you.

Yet you won anyway (congrats) and still decided to come and bitch about it. Wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUecho87

The difference between your 7 iron and 8 iron is 60 yards?

That's on you buddy. If you were just as eligible to play from those front tees as anyone else and you decided against it so you could show what a manly man you were, then tough cow dung for you.

Yet you won anyway (congrats) and still decided to come and bitch about it. Wow.

I'm not eligible to play the front tees, but I probably could play the middle ones. Among the reasons I play the back tees is because the club championship is played from the back tees.

I'm not eligible to play the front tees, but I probably could play the middle ones. Among the reasons I play the back tees is because the club championship is played from the back tees.

How long is your course?

I realize I should know that by now...

Trophy Club from the tips is about 7300 yards.

How long is your course?

IIRC, Harrison is about 6400 yards from the championship tees . . . that said, if you play there you'll need to bring all of your clubs, cuz you'll need 'em. Some postage stamp sized greens that don't often hold, too . . .

. . . used to be a really nice track. Indiana women's amateur championship use to be played there regularly.

And yes, McNutt is old . . . older than his years in some ways.

How long is your course?

It's 6,412 yards, but it plays considerably longer because so many of our holes are uphill. It's also a tight course with small greens. In my opinion, it is harder from the back tees than Otter Creek is from its blue tees.

Matt Lauer was on the Today Show this morning with Kaitlyn Jenner at an unknown
golf course. Matt asked Kaitlyn if Kaitlyn played from the men's tees or from the
women's tees?

Deferring to the expert on everything golf related (AKA McNutt), is there an arcane
golf rule on this issue for people like Kaitlyn Jenner?

Ahhh, so you can hit other golfers instead, I get it. vbg

There was a guy in my foursome during the Bloomington peegs outing who hit a shot that struck a parked car. I'm not sure which golfer it was, but SuperHoosier also witnessed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT