ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Blackmon

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
I've seen a couple of posters on other IU sites say he's a terrible defender. Has anyone here watched him play in college? Stetson this year was 229th out of 362 points given up, but still had a winning record (22-13; 11-5) because they were in the mid 70s offensively. So my question to anyone who really knows....just how terrible is he defensively? His DE #s are bad, but so are his teammates. How accurate are individual defensive efficiency stats?

The reason I ask is because he scored 32 points in the second half of their game against Austin Peay to get them into the tourney field this year. Is he a hopeless cause defensively? I remember his brother as being pretty disinterested in defense....maybe a "D" level defender....but James' offensive #s were amazing compared to Cupps, Leal, Galloway et al.

I've seen a couple of posters on other IU sites say he's a terrible defender. Has anyone here watched him play in college? Stetson this year was 229th out of 362 points given up, but still had a winning record (22-13; 11-5) because they were in the mid 70s offensively. So my question to anyone who really knows....just how terrible is he defensively? His DE #s are bad, but so are his teammates. How accurate are individual defensive efficiency stats?

The reason I ask is because he scored 32 points in the second half of their game against Austin Peay to get them into the tourney field this year. Is he a hopeless cause defensively? I remember his brother as being pretty disinterested in defense....maybe a "D" level defender....but James' offensive #s were amazing compared to Cupps, Leal, Galloway et al.
He would be instant offense off the bench.

If he sucks at defense then he fits right in at Indiana. Does he also suck at free throws?

He would be instant offense off the bench.
Not everyone can come off the bench and instantly hit shots. We've had a couple year's experience with supposedly good shooters who couldn't get it done.

That said, we've got a lot of open spots right now for taking a chance.

Not everyone can come off the bench and instantly hit shots. We've had a couple year's experience with supposedly good shooters who couldn't get it done.

Evan Fitzner says hello

Ziesloft, Leary, Roth…

I guess dumb is the only word your ignorant ass knows.
We weren't as good as Woody's first 2 teams, but it is dumb to insinuate that a lack of D is an IU trademark. I thought I would explain it because you didn't seem to get the hint.

We weren't as good as Woody's first 2 teams, but it is dumb to insinuate that a lack of D is an IU trademark. I thought I would explain it because you didn't seem to get the hint.
I wasn’t talking about Indiana as a whole. Just what they’ve become with their last few coaches.

Not the same dude
Maybe, maybe not. We're talking a hypothetical when it comes to whether Blackman is someone who can come off the bench and make shots. Not sure why you're so sure that he would.

Maybe, maybe not. We're talking a hypothetical when it comes to whether Blackman is someone who can come off the bench and make shots. Not sure why you're so sure that he would.
He is a shooter. Guys you listed were recruited as scorers and lead guards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT