ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Johnson

NWfor3

Benchwarmer
Mar 25, 2013
So what is everyone's thoughts on what IU gets from X the rest of the season? On Friday, he did not start and some are saying he lost his captaincy. Against Minnesota his stats were: 17 MINS - 2 PTS - 1 R - 1 A - 2 TO. He seemed dis-engaged when on the floor and his body language was not good. Crowd cheered when Cupps came back in for him. Is it a Point Guard by committee going forward with Cupps / Gallo / Leal bringing the ball up?
Mgbako showed some of his skills again offensively being able to score at all 3 levels, Ware had 17 & 14, Reneau 16 & 6, and Walker had 9 points off the bench. Talent is there, its the lack of basketball knowledge and common sense that kills this team.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
Seemed like he pouted and when someone hit a big three, seemed like everyone on the bench was standing except him……I think most will welcome him back but when he leaves, his legacy will not be that good

• Sad
So what is everyone's thoughts on what IU gets from X the rest of the season? On Friday, he did not start and some are saying he lost his captaincy. Against Minnesota his stats were: 17 MINS - 2 PTS - 1 R - 1 A - 2 TO. He seemed dis-engaged when on the floor and his body language was not good. Crowd cheered when Cupps came back in for him. Is it a Point Guard by committee going forward with Cupps / Gallo / Leal bringing the ball up?
Mgbako showed some of his skills again offensively being able to score at all 3 levels, Ware had 17 & 14, Reneau 16 & 6, and Walker had 9 points off the bench. Talent is there, its the lack of basketball knowledge and common sense that kills this team.
Basically a pulse. He had 17 mins to show his brand. Hope he has been studying.

I question the "loss of captaincy". Just prior to the game Friday, it was X and Galloway who went out to center court to meet with the officials and the Minnesota Captains.

Unfortunately, I don’t think he has the character to turn this around. I think the captain tag was placed as a motivational tool, and that is gone now. I think we will get another burst or two out of him down the stretch, but would expect what we saw the other night as the standard fare.

It’s up to him. He’s been a **** up for the majority of his time here and as I’ve already said, I would’ve cut him before last season. I do think he has the ability to turn it around, but I’m not holding my breath.
Good point. We all have that ability, I would not bet he uses it.

• Sad
90% OF you guys say Johnson does not stand a chance or got rid of him b4 now. Its hard when everybody is against you. Even for a 24 old. Sometimes hen the world is against you will show a true test of character. I'm praying for the young man. We all have made mistakes with his where everybody can see. I believe he can make it ,even better than what he was b4. There is always hope . I wish X the best.

He brought it upon himself. Never had a negative opinion on him until a 90 mile an hour joy ride dragging other teammates with him. And doing so put innocent people in danger. Learn your lesson, nope. Same stupid decisions, different day. On the same team with the same "coach". (babysitter) So far he has shown his true character. As far as Im concerned, he can take it somewhere else.

90% OF you guys say Johnson does not stand a chance or got rid of him b4 now. Its hard when everybody is against you. Even for a 24 old. Sometimes hen the world is against you will show a true test of character. I'm praying for the young man. We all have made mistakes with his where everybody can see. I believe he can make it ,even better than what he was b4. There is always hope . I wish X the best.
I believe he felt the crowd's reaction and relief that Cupps was starting. He didn't hear a roar of approval when he entered the game. I believe the crowd was waiting for X to show a spark before they got behind him. He was rattled and underestimated the fan's disgust of what he did.

X needs to do something positive to make fans forget the shot in the nuts that left his team short handed on the road. Fans will cheer him when he acts like he cares. I'm waiting!

His D will help us win some games down the stretch this season . Hope he goes into the PU game with a chip on his shoulder , and takes out his frustration on the boilers guards . If we are going to beat PU on Tuesday we need a good defensive game from him , and anything we get from him on offense would just be icing on the cake .

He brought it upon himself. Never had a negative opinion on him until a 90 mile an hour joy ride dragging other teammates with him. And doing so put innocent people in danger. Learn your lesson, nope. Same stupid decisions, different day. On the same team with the same "coach". (babysitter) So far he has shown his true character. As far as Im concerned, he can take it somewhere else.
Complete horseshit. Was looked as a problem child from day one on how he left Pitt.

You don’t have a clue about his character.

Complete horseshit. Was looked as a problem child from day one on how he left Pitt.

You don’t have a clue about his character.
I dont even know how he left Pitt. And I could care less why. His actions on and off the court at IU are all I can go on. And from what I have seen he has made childlike decisions since he has been at IU and its obvious you have a love for a lack of character. You like him, I dont and wont. And as a player (for how many years) he aint very good either. And the punishment handed down by his babysitter was just what he needed to build character???? But wait, I dont have a clue when it comes to character. I will quote you, Complete horseshit.

I believe he felt the crowd's reaction and relief that Cupps was starting. He didn't hear a roar of approval when he entered the game. I believe the crowd was waiting for X to show a spark before they got behind him. He was rattled and underestimated the fan's disgust of what he did.

X needs to do something positive to make fans forget the shot in the nuts that left his team short handed on the road. Fans will cheer him when he acts like he cares. I'm waiting!
i agree he has to earn players and fan support.

Reactions: bbafficionado

I heard them boo him a few times. Getting boo'd at home is really bad. They also boo'd when we missed free throws. Gotta give it to the Indiana fanbase - they certainly know their basketball!

Reactions: smitty3725
It’s up to him. He’s been a **** up for the majority of his time here and as I’ve already said, I would’ve cut him before last season. I do think he has the ability to turn it around, but I’m not holding my breath.

He's like Devonte or Troy. Never know which one you're going to get. Coaches view those types as challenges, that they can turn them into consistently good versions and eliminate the bad versions. Doesn't happen often.

I made a point the other day that Johnson is faster than any of the PU guards. So if he can use his speed effectively then he can be an asset.

Goes so fast he ends up turning it over. Never in control.

The fact that we rely on a guy like X just shows how bad our guard unit truly is. He would be nothing more than a complimentary piece on most good teams. He wouldn’t start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT