ADVERTISEMENT

So now what for Comer,Jordan and the others?

Who has been defamed
Hunter. When they stole his laptop and showed his dick to America. Also wouldn't telling America that Hunter is an influence peddler despite not having any actual proof to that be actionable?

Obviously I'm not a lawyer. So really don't know what constitutes as "defamation" but that's pretty ****ed up. Especially the first one.

Hunter. When they stole his laptop and showed his dick to America. Also wouldn't telling America that Hunter is an influence peddler despite not having any actual proof to that be actionable?

Obviously I'm not a lawyer. So really don't know what constitutes as "defamation" but that's pretty ****ed up. Especially the first one.
i'm not sure who "they" is but he wouldn't be the ideal candidate for "reputational harm."

i'm not sure who "they" is but he wouldn't be the ideal candidate for "reputational harm."
He is apparently already sueing Gulliani for the stolen data portion.

Does ones reputation matter in defamation cases? Or maybe I should ask this a different way but can't find the words. If he can no longer find a job because of all of this, is his past reputation really relevant? Couldn't he argue that some of his reputation is manufactured?

He is apparently already sueing Gulliani for the stolen data portion.

Does ones reputation matter in defamation cases? Or maybe I should ask this a different way but can't find the words. If he can no longer find a job because of all of this, is his past reputation really relevant? Couldn't he argue that some of his reputation is manufactured?
there's a presumption for certain statemetns re sexual misconduct and theft i think. i don't know a lot about that stuff but usual reputation is what you claim has been harmed. with felony indictments his is already shit.

Definitely seems like something Hunter should be suing for even if he already has a tarnished reputation.

I don't think people with poor reputations lose their rights or at least they shouldn't.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Only if the Democrats are free to release the footage. Would they be?

I have no idea how that works in congress. There’d be a court reporter and transcript

I'm under the impression that the majority controls the evidence, BICBW. If that's the case then you can bet your ass that the only parts of the depo that would be released would be damaging to Hunter, and that no one would see anything that reflected favorably on him. That's got to be the primary rationale behind only testifying live and in public.

I'm under the impression that the majority controls the evidence, BICBW. If that's the case then you can bet your ass that the only parts of the depo that would be released would be damaging to Hunter, and that no one would see anything that reflected favorably on him. That's got to be the primary rationale behind only testifying live and in public.
you might be right about the pubs only releasing that which is favorable. i would think that's a rationale but not sure primary. i really don't know about this stuff but would presume he didn't want to sit and spend days going throuugh record after record and accoutn after account and phone call after phone call and meeting after meeting explaining them whereas in a public hearing time would be a limitation, presumably

The majority controls the official report, but anyone on the committee can release whatever they want.

Reactions: UncleMark
I know Joe’s cognitive abilities are questionable but to suggest he possessed no knowledge, secrets, influence, etc. the day after he left office is pretty stupid. I’m not suggesting with certainty that’s what was happening but your argument is ludicrous. Ever heard of retainers for lawyers?
The argument from you guys was that he was bribed for government favors, which does not go with the timeline. The ludicrous argument is being made by the Trumpster crowd.

The argument from you guys was that he was bribed for government favors, which does not gone with the timeline. The ludicrous argument is being made by the Trumpster crowd.
You can stick the “you guys“ right up your rear. You are making a stupid argument by suggesting Joe is innocent because he had nothing to peddle the day he left office. If he was receiving money on the up & up from a foreign entity then he should be able to fully disclose that without any issue.

I suppose you think Aldrich Ames was no biggie. He wasn’t in a position to grant gov’t favors, so he had no value to the Russians, right? You don’t think Joe knew classified info? Again, I‘m not saying he was selling stuff, I am saying your argument is dumb.

• Love
You can stick the “you guys“ right up your rear. You are making a stupid argument by suggesting Joe is innocent because he had nothing to peddle the day he left office. If he was receiving money on the up & up from a foreign entity then he should be able to fully disclose that without any issue.

I suppose you think Aldrich Ames was no biggie. He wasn’t in office, so he had no value, right? You don’t think Joe knew classified info? Again, I‘m not saying he was selling stuff, I am saying your argument is dumb.
the timeline argument is patently stupid. as if you're divested of 50 years of contacts, connections, and good will the moment you walk out the door

I suppose you think Aldrich Ames was no biggie. He wasn’t in office, so he had no value, right? You don’t think Joe knew classified info? Again, I‘m not saying he was selling stuff, I am saying your argument is dumb.
What's dumb is the assumption that "You guys haven't proven your case" is the equivalent of "He must be innocent." If Joe did something wrong, let's find out about it. Let's prove it. You haven't.

What's dumb is the assumption that "You guys haven't proven your case" is the equivalent of "He must be innocent." If Joe did something wrong, let's find out about it. Let's prove it. You haven't.
the kid's dirty. the brother's dirty. joe lied about his knowledge and presence. take some depos and see what turns up. easy. and maybe joe forgot. he's old. hell maybe he takes hundreds of meetings like that. who knows. he might not be lying

Who is you? I have REPEATEDLY stated that I don’t know that he did. The argument that because he was out of office he must be innocent is dumb. Read better…

the timeline argument is patently stupid. as if you're divested of 50 years of contacts, connections, and good will the moment you walk out the door

At some point, they are going to have to actually have proof of Joe committing a crime of some sort instead of speculation.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
If he was receiving money on the up & up from a foreign entity then he should be able to fully disclose that without any issue.

And what if he wasn't receiving foreign money?

You don’t think Joe knew classified info? Again, I‘m not saying he was selling stuff, I am saying your argument is dumb.

So is Biden required to prove his innocence?

have to take depos first. horse cart.

Here's the problem.

No matter what comes out, the right is going to think Joe is guilty and the left is going to think he's innocent, no matter what the evidence comes out as.

We're seeing it play out now with Trump.

Here's the problem.

No matter what comes out, the right is going to think Joe is guilty and the left is going to think he's innocent, no matter what the evidence comes out as.

We're seeing it play out now with Trump.
unfortunate that we've gone down this path as i suspect if you shine a light on any/most/many politicians they've got skeletons. i never gave a shit about any of this with biden, and still don't really, but the testimony of hte whistleblowers being blocked from leads that implicated biden is not cool. particularly while the dems have such a hard on to get trump. what's good for the goose... so f it.

I suppose you think Aldrich Ames was no biggie. He wasn’t in a position to grant gov’t favors, so he had no value to the Russians, right? You don’t think Joe knew classified info? Again, I‘m not saying he was selling stuff, I am saying your argument is dumb.
You think I care if Biden is found to be corrupt? Of course I do, but the fact remains that there is no evidence connecting him to corruption.

There’s zero evidence he was selling secrets. If you’ve paid attention you’d know how much I care about that stuff. Trumpsters don’t care about Trump’s extremely egregious deliberate mishandling of highly classified information. That disgusts me.

You think I care if Biden is found to be corrupt? Of course I do, but the fact remains that there is no evidence connecting him to corruption.

There’s zero evidence he was selling secrets. If you’ve paid attention you’d know how much I care about that stuff. Trumpsters don’t care about Trump’s extremely egregious deliberate mishandling of highly classified information. That disgusts me.
This is your prejudice showing. You have no idea whether there is “no” evidence. Depos haven’t even been taken.

The issue is not a presumption of innocence, it’s that he had nothing to offer due to a timeline of when he was or wasn’t in office.
Correct. That by virtue of being out of office he was instantly divested of 50 years of contacts and info. Life doesn’t work like that. There’s an entire body of law on former employees what they know what can be imputed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT