ADVERTISEMENT

So is Wilson still OC at O$U?.....

The guy who qualified IU for two consecutive bowl games, beat PU 4 straight times, and was fired by our genius AD? Lol

The guy who fumbled both the OL and QB roster management?
The guy that made innumerable in game tactical errors?
The guy that was asked to not return to several Btown establishments?
The guy that belittled and mismanaged injured student athletes?
The guy that was given a generous opportunity to clean up his act and retain his position?
The guy that blew those opportunities?

That guy?

The guy who was slandered by folks like you???

I didn’t hate Wilson and think he took IU program up a notch for sure. But he really slipped at the end and sure blew a lot of games. (The Rutgers collapse was epic fail!)

His game Management was not a 10 and he too was a coordinator who needed HC experience. And he never lit up recruiting, especially for QBs given he was supposed to be so good at that coming from OU.

Point being not accurate to use frustration with Allen to rewrite Wilson’s history now.

The guy who fumbled both the OL and QB roster management?
The guy that made innumerable in game tactical errors?
The guy that was asked to not return to several Btown establishments?
The guy that belittled and mismanaged injured student athletes?
The guy that was given a generous opportunity to clean up his act and retain his position?
The guy that blew those opportunities?

That guy?

Yea but he got us 5 and 6 win seasons!

I hope there is enough crow to go around when CTA matches those win totals and them some. If we don't go for it on 4th and long, go for unnecessary 2 pt conversions, and refuse to kick fgs it wont come soon enough. CKW was a gambling idiot.

I didn’t hate Wilson and think he took IU program up a notch for sure. But he really slipped at the end and sure blew a lot of games. (The Rutgers collapse was epic fail!)

His game Management was not a 10 and he too was a coordinator who needed HC experience. And he never lit up recruiting, especially for QBs given he was supposed to be so good at that coming from OU.

Point being not accurate to use frustration with Allen to rewrite Wilson’s history now.
Hiring Allen is a definite step backwards.
The promote Asst. Coach hire was on Glass being too cheap to do a real coach search like every successful Football program does, when their goal is to go to bowls every year.

Reactions: bang63 and iulb
Allen is a definite step backwards.
The promote Asst. Coach Allen hire was on Glass being too cheap to do a real coach search like every successful Football program does, when their goal is to go to bowls every year.
I am not one of those people that dislike Wilson. I think he served a purpose. But I do like Allen. I like the guys he retained and the guys he brought in. It is young staff. That is 3 games into the season. They have young skilled and some older experienced guys. Allen’s oldest guys are still just juniors but mostly redshirt sophomores. Yes those youngsters on defense are still not ready for prime time. But remember they are still only second year players. They are supposed to be spot players not key players. We need our offensive line to get better like last year. I think they will unfortunately for Stevie don’t think they are going to be great run blocking group. But I believe they will be a decent pass protection team. Watched Caleb Jones today he seems to be a waist bender and got overextend a few times. He needs to sit in a chachair and get his head and shoulders back. One thing I did notice is that we he did get his hands on guy they were done. Did not pay much attention to other guys.
Although it was ugly today I think we still can have a good year.and finish with a win over Purdue. Figure a way to stop Moore and we will be in good shape. Unfortunately that won’t be easy.

Wilson’s last two seasons were 6-6 with a bowl, and the next year was expected to be a win or two better. Let’s focus on Allen and this season. I don’t think he can survive a 4-8 season.

I don’t think that’s what he’s doing. There were many of us who were shocked and pissed to lose Coach Wilson. That hasn’t changed for me. IU was fun to watch then. They are far less fun to watch now. I’m all in on Coach Allen but Coach Wilson was changing the culture. IU seemed tougher then. And it’s not close.
That said, there is no doubt that Coach Allen is recruiting well and playing numerous underclassemen. They will surely get tougher with age.
Coach Allen desperately needs to calm his sideline demeanor IMO.

The promote Asst. Coach hire was on Glass being too cheap to do a real coach search like every successful Football program does, when their goal is to go to bowls every year.

You keep making the statement about "Glass being too cheap to do a real coach search like every successful Football program does".

Do you have any facts to back up your assertion?

Reactions: vesuvius13

Where was Ryan Day before he was hired as head coach at OSU? (Hint: This is his first head coaching job and he didn't have to move).

I am guessing OSU qualifies as a successful program with bowl hopes.

Would you like to rephrase "every successful football program"?

Where was Ryan Day before he was hired as head coach at OSU? (Hint: This is his first head coaching job and he didn't have to move).

I am guessing OSU qualifies as a successful program with bowl hopes.

Would you like to rephrase "every successful football program"?
Ohio State’s football pedigree, foundation and strong leadership (Gene Smith and Urban Meyer) made Day’s hire legitimate. IU doesn’t have any of those attributes, so the comparison really isn’t a valid one.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Yea but he got us 5 and 6 win seasons!

I hope there is enough crow to go around when CTA matches those win totals and them some. If we don't go for it on 4th and long, go for unnecessary 2 pt conversions, and refuse to kick fgs it wont come soon enough. CKW was a gambling idiot.
Only an idiot could make a comment like that. Wish Wilson was standing in front of you when you make a cowardly comment like that. Coaches are REAl PEOPLE numbnuts. Wilson made mistakes...but he was following his own plan and he was the coach. Grow up. Because you didn't like it means absolutely nothing. Who the hell are you??

Ohio State’s football pedigree, foundation and strong leadership (Gene Smith and Urban Meyer) made Day’s hire legitimate. IU doesn’t have any of those attributes, so the comparison really isn’t a valid one.

How is it not a valid one?

I thoroughly debunked his argument that successful programs do an extensive coaching search and don't hire from within by noting one of the most successful programs did that exact same thing.

Just because you don't like Allen or IU's administration doesn't change that fact.

I thoroughly debunked his argument that successful programs do an extensive coaching search and don't hire from within by noting one of the most successful programs did that exact same thing.

Just because you don't like Allen or IU's administration doesn't change that fact.

I don't dislike CTA, but to suggest the Day and CTA hires are the same or even similar is a bit silly. Day's background, although absent HC experience, is much stronger and includes position coach for two NFL teams. I have heard friends argue he was hired as a "coach in waiting" and, according to Glass, that was not the case with CTA. IU, while there was some success under Wilson, was still a rather large build process, OSU was not. To not name CTA interim and allow him to apply as part of a national search is still mind-blowing to me.

"I could say, you know, that I ran a small grocery store on the corner, therefore I extrapolate that into the fact I can run Wal-Mart. That`s not true."

Ross Perot

I’m saying that validating IU’s path to hiring Allen based OSU’s similar path isn’t credible. OSU has football credibility that enables such a streamlined process, while IU does not.

Ummm, that still doesn't mean the hire was done because it was cheap. Glass has just spent a bunch on the OC and the strength and conditioning guys. I find it hard to believe that when it came to the HC, money was the driving motivation.
ummm...did Glass do a real coaching search? No.

did Glass hire the 14th highest paid coach in the conference? Yes

Cheap

I haven’t heard this. Link?
At the time it was reported in Bloomington that Wilson was not welcome in any local drinking establishment. That's why he drank in Ellettsville and Martinsville. There was even one report that he had to be retrieved from Martinsville.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT