ADVERTISEMENT

The future is bright

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
...for Rutgers.

RU was 2-10 just four years ago under Chris Ash. Now, in Schiano's fourth season, they're bowl eligible on October 21. They play sound fundamental football, they control the ball and clock, they make very few mistakes and they're a well-coached team - - - all the things we're not.

Remember, too, that Rutgers has always been in the shadow of Penn State. They routinely lose top NJ talent to the Nittany Lions and sometimes to Syracuse (e.g. Tommy DeVito). They have no recruiting advantage, although recruiting will definitely take off as a result of this season.

Back to IU. I enjoyed 2019 and 2020 but it's abundantly clear that those two seasons were a function of an outstanding OC in 2019, an outstanding DC both years, Michael Penix both years and Peyton Ramsey in 2019. Kudos to Allen for hiring DeBoer and Wommack, but it's been a freefall ever since.

I'll preface what I'm about to say with the observation that Tom Allen is a good, faith-based man with good intentions. This is nothing personal, and I wish him nothing but the best in the future. That said, Dolson needs to wake the eff up, come up with the buyout at the end of this season, talk to people who know something about football and get a smart, assertive, hungry, young head coach in here who has proven he knows how to win football games. Enough is enough. The curtain needs to come down on this shitshow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT