ADVERTISEMENT

So is Wilson still OC at O$U?.....

I dont have time to read the entire post and didn't you say you're done posting on this thread.
The first part of your post that I read "wouldn't you think that" makes my point. You dont differentiate theory and facts. Do I think every thing you said is possible, of course, likely, maybe factual, absolutely not. You expect the AD to be ethical and honest unless there is a lot of $ involved then it's ok to lie. If I practiced your game of speculation I would state unequivocally that FG lied about the reason for CKW leaving to cover his own a$$. After all he had recently negotiated a new contract with more years and $. He didnt want to look stupid (even though he did) so he called it philosophical differences. All my theories point to this so it has to be true, right? Wrong, it's just putting together a mixture of truth and speculation and calling it fact.
No, I didn't say I'm done posting on this thread. I said I'm done responding to a certain poster. That's the second time you've misquoted me so how can I believe you have a clue what I'm actually saying?
I'm not speculating on anything. Everything I'm referring to is extremely well documented and public. When I say "don't you think", I'm asking you to apply some logic and reasoning to the easily found facts, not posing a new theory. That's how discussions and debates work. I don't think that's unreasonable but evidently you do. Those facts are what they are and everything I've said about this is well supported.
If you or anyone else wants to disagree with Glass' conclusions about those facts, go right ahead but say that instead of trotting out conspiracies. To allege that Glass has lied or fabricated anything is ridiculous. It's all in writing and dozens of people were involved in the investigations and documentation. It's printed in dozens of media reports from local all the way to national outlets. Glass followed the process to the letter.

Just answer a simple question- if you were Kevin Wilson and were accused of mistreating players when you didn't, wouldn't you protest?

Reactions: kobis18
1. This is a football forum, not a political forum. But I'm not going to let you spread absolute bullshit like this

2. The Mueller report literally said charging Trump with a crime was “not an option” because of federal rules, and went on to say “If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so”. I'm sorry your Fox News echo chamber lied to you, and I'm sorry you never bothered to read the report. Also, the Mueller investigation ended up indicting 34 people, and also caught Paul Manafort (Trump Campaign Manager, one of those 34 indicted people) sharing polling data with Ukrainian officials

https://www.apnews.com/94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/20/giuliani-manafort-ukraine-criminal-1116064

3. Donald Trump was just caught red handed this week, trying to blackmail Ukraine by withholding military aid... unless they launched phony investigations into the Biden's. AND he is actively attempting to cover it up, as I type this. I'm sure you have no problem with this though

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/20/trump-urged-ukraine-president-to-investigate-joe-bidens-son.html

4. This thread has ridiculed Fred Glass for being the only P5 team willing to hire Tom Allen as HC, while also ridiculing him for not keeping Kevin Wilson...who hasn't been hired by any other P5 team as HC. That doesn't quite make sense to me
Good Grief ...... IU is doomed

Reactions: DANC
Good Grief ...... IU is doomed
Tell me what about my post was wrong, I cited sources. You can't say it is wrong, just because it hurts your feelings

You strike me as one of those people who makes fun of the "snowflakes"...so stop being one

Tell me what about my post was wrong, I cited sources. You can't say it is wrong, just because it hurts your feelings

You strike me as one of those people who makes fun of the "snowflakes" so stop being one
The only thing it hurts is my belly from laughing... I’m not discussing this on a football board. You have an entire board of greased idiots you can go speak too. They are accustom to speaking to each other....

The only thing it hurts is my belly from laughing... I’m not discussing this on a football board. You have an entire board of greased idiots you can go speak too. They are accustom to speaking to each other....
You are the one that brought up politics, got backed into a corner with facts and cited sources. And instead of admitting you were possibly wrong and reevaluating your position, you chose to resort to calling me an idiot and saying "I’m not discussing this on a football board." If that is the case (I hope it is!), then don't bring up politics on the football board in the future. Thanks!

You are the one that brought up politics, got backed into a corner with facts and cited sources. And instead of admitting you were possibly wrong and reevaluating your position, you chose to resort to calling me an idiot and saying "I’m not discussing this on a football board." If that is the case (I hope it is!), then don't bring up politics on the football board in the future. Thanks!
Blah blah.....

My best friend was a head basketball coach in the state of Indiana. When his adminstration changed, he felt the tide turning against him. He actually resigned because it was his first head coaching job and he was afraid they were going to try to pin something on him. His calculation was that it was easier to resign and find another job than it was to stick around and have to fight for his reputation. I think this happens quite frequently. Throw in CKW's ego and his relatively unparalleled success over his predecessors of the prior two decades, and you can begin to imagine why an egomaniac that feels underappreciated would walk away from a contract.

There were multiple allegations regarding Wilson's misconduct from players.
That's not exactly breaking news, Sherlock. What some of us are questioning is what incident was the final straw? What player(s) were the victims? When did it occur? Nobody has made a single point or reference to this. We need the facts, not just speculation.

And pay Wilson the balance of the extended contract? Very doubtful Glass would do that.
Whatever Wilson made as O$U would offset whatever iU owed him. If a coach leaves with a contract and goes to another school, his contract is usually reduced by the salary he's making at the new school.

With $50 million/year coming in from the league, what's a few hundred thousand dollars for a couple years?

That's not exactly breaking news, Sherlock. What some of us are questioning is what incident was the final straw? What player(s) were the victims? When did it occur? Nobody has made a single point or reference to this. We need the facts, not just speculation.
The Indianapolis Star covered this extensively, as did other media outlets. I can't believe you don't know that.

Kobis18 provided some relevant links in this thread.

It's always best to be at least somewhat informed when you start arguing a position. Reading really helps in that regard.

This thread is idiotic. KW was fired for being a jerk, in way too many forms, to way too many people, in way too many settings.

To people who are close to, or even just know much about, the football program, this is not even a debateable topic.

People may disagree with the decision, but that’s what happened.

This thread is idiotic. KW was fired for being a jerk, in way too many forms, to way too many people, in way too many settings.

To people who are close to, or even just know much about, the football program, this is not even a debateable topic.

The idiocy is confined to a few posters who claim that they know what transpired or what Fred Glass did or how he adhered to established protocols, or that they know that all of that is well documented. They haven’t produced any documentation, and they won’t. Other than that . . .

Last edited:
Looks like this particular horse will be continued to be ridden well into its after life....:rolleyes::confused::eek:

With Lyrics for the Youngsters ;):cool: -

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack

thanks for the documentation, and by the way CKW wasnt fired.

The idiocy is confined to a few posters who claim that they know what transpired or what Fred Glass did or how he adhered to established protocols, or that they know that all of that is well documented. They haven’t produced any documentation, and they won’t. Other than that . . .
It’s just testament to the lengths some fans will go to cover for their favorite school. The astounding lack of objectivity is interesting to examine.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
The Indianapolis Star covered this extensively, as did other media outlets. I can't believe you don't know that.

Kobis18 provided some relevant links in this thread.

It's always best to be at least somewhat informed when you start arguing a position. Reading really helps in that regard.
There are many posters, including yourself, that do not grasp the timeline and sequence of events. It's no wonder you didn't answer my earlier questions.

Whatever Wilson made as O$U would offset whatever iU owed him. If a coach leaves with a contract and goes to another school, his contract is usually reduced by the salary he's making at the new school.

With $50 million/year coming in from the league, what's a few hundred thousand dollars for a couple years?
Yes, that is all true. What wouldn't be known for Glass is if KW would be looking for work any time soon and would rather enjoy time off getting paid.

Yes, that is all true. What wouldn't be known for Glass is if KW would be looking for work any time soon and would rather enjoy time off getting paid.
I have a feeling Glass knew he wasn't going to be content to be out of the game.

Look Ordy, the process played out in the open, published in multiple outlets. You trashed the guy when others were supporting him now try to rewrite history to trash Glass. All, of course, while demanding evidence form others, while providing none of your own. You never change. What is the over under on how long this stolen handle lasts?

No, I didn't say I'm done posting on this thread. I said I'm done responding to a certain poster. That's the second time you've misquoted me so how can I believe you have a clue what I'm actually saying?
I'm not speculating on anything. Everything I'm referring to is extremely well documented and public. When I say "don't you think", I'm asking you to apply some logic and reasoning to the easily found facts, not posing a new theory. That's how discussions and debates work. I don't think that's unreasonable but evidently you do. Those facts are what they are and everything I've said about this is well supported.
If you or anyone else wants to disagree with Glass' conclusions about those facts, go right ahead but say that instead of trotting out conspiracies. To allege that Glass has lied or fabricated anything is ridiculous. It's all in writing and dozens of people were involved in the investigations and documentation. It's printed in dozens of media reports from local all the way to national outlets. Glass followed the process to the letter.

Just answer a simple question- if you were Kevin Wilson and were accused of mistreating players when you didn't, wouldn't you protest?

Certain posters are going to refuse to acknowledge what happened regardless of the surprisingly transparent documentation we all saw. They just want to argue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT