ADVERTISEMENT

So is Wilson still OC at O$U?.....

OK, he is the angel you describe him to be...congrats.

How about this...he sucked as an in game coach and his recruiting was poor and getting worse. His roster management was horrific particularly with QB and OL. Recruiting has gone up considerably under Allen...the jury is out on coaching.
And yet an extension? Hmmmmmmm....... I was always critical of his QB recruiting. Never said he was an Angel.

#LEO two.... #LEO

Now that is funny....

Look you have misplaced anger.... I don’t know why our fanbase turns on each other, their coaches, and even players when we KNOW after 30+ years where the problem is and refuse to point at them. Would it change things? Who knows but they should be at least recognized for what they are....

What is confusing? No issues before or after IU. So who or what really is the problem? Schools that have successful programs and know how to manage them (CKW) or is it IU who talks about a winning program but can’t manage or stomach what winning programs generally do.... that is a more direct version of what I am getting at.
You don’t have the slightest clue what “issues” he may have had other places or what behavior other schools tolerate or don’t tolerate. This is a complete load of crap. If you think player abuse is rampant at winning programs, you’re crazy.

You don’t have the slightest clue what “issues” he may have had other places or what behavior other schools tolerate or don’t tolerate. This is a complete load of crap. If you think player abuse is rampant at winning programs, you’re crazy.
Partner, you don’t know what “issues” he had here. It had nothing to do with player treatment. Again, a manufactured issue.

Partner, you don’t know what “issues” he had here. It had nothing to do with player treatment. Again, a manufactured issue.
I know what has been extremely well documented and reported. The only person manufacturing anything here is you. If his resignation had nothing to do with player mistreatment, then why don’t you explain exactly what happened. With documentation.

I know what has been extremely well documented and reported. The only person manufacturing anything here is you. If his resignation had nothing to do with player mistreatment, then why don’t you explain exactly what happened. With documentation.

I’ve not made accusations.... who has on here? You guys sound like the water cooler in here.... extremely well documented.... that is a good laugh there.

Reactions: bang63
I’ve not made accusations.... who has on here? You guys sound like the water cooler in here.... extremely well documented.... that is a good laugh there.
So you don’t have anything except bullshit. Meanwhile, what I’m saying is all over media outlets nationwide and has been presented on this board dozens of times in the past three years.
And yes, you are making accusations. Ones that you can’t backup.

Hmmm.... so he is an ass..... hmmmm.... what else you got? Look I hate this subject but certain people always seem to have a need to bring it up. I think they do because they know we had the DC/OC combo on campus and couldn’t deal with working with someone you don’t like.

I am just not someone who supports naming people guilty without any chance to defend themselves.

I still think IU brings these things on themselves.
I think it's been proven you can be an ass and a coach at IU for a long time if you're successful enough.

I met him a few times and didn't think he was a jerk. A little standoff-ish maybe, but he just seemed like a serious guy. But when some people drink, it changes their personality.

I don't like it when people can't defend themselves, either. Morgan Ellis (Ellison?) is one example for me. But Wilson had been given guidelines and wasn't living up to them. All this is HR stuff - they're not going to give you all the details. But Wilson didn't fight it and no one else is offering him a HC job. So, the facts speak for themselves.

Reactions: Daydreamer
So you don’t have anything except bullshit. Meanwhile, what I’m saying is all over media outlets nationwide and has been presented on this board dozens of times in the past three years.
And yes, you are making accusations. Ones that you can’t backup.

30+ years of backup.... it’s your own bullshit you smell sweetheart.... you like to get a little personal don’t ya?

Another misplaced anger ..... keep that head in the clouds daydreamer.

I have always believed that FG knew that a powerhouse program was going to throw $$$ at CTA to come in as a DC. He simply could not, or would not, be willing to pay $2 million to a coordinator. Rather than lose the one man that had seemingly fixed our defense in 25 years, he saw an opportunity to hold on to CKW's momentum, avoid transfers and de-commitments, and rid himself of CKW's confrontational, abrasive, and demanding personality. I think CKW was completely railroaded. I know that CKW didn't fight his termination, but I think he saw the writing on the wall, felt under-appreciated, and knew he could command a similar salary as an OC.

I will be the first to admit that this is strictly my opinion - I have no inside information.
This is so spot on. Best post in here. Ole Miss was heavily rumored to bring Allen back as a DC under his friend and former HC Hugh Freeze. Allen just so happened to be recruiting down south the night before the big announcement of his promotion here. It's probably safe to say, Glass knew or at least had to worry Ole Miss would make contact with Allen about their opening and decided to act before it was too late.

Reactions: DANC
What "shotgun approach" are you referring to? Glass brought in outside investigators twice and gave Wilson direct, written orders to change his behavior. The process was incredibly thorough and well documented. Glass couldn't have done things more by the book.
Employers/bosses can easily fabricate, exaggerate and give misleading information in their "documentations". If you really want someone out the door, it's not hard to make it happen. Trust me.

Reactions: Chriselli
I think it's been proven you can be an ass and a coach at IU for a long time if you're successful enough.

I met him a few times and didn't think he was a jerk. A little standoff-ish maybe, but he just seemed like a serious guy. But when some people drink, it changes their personality.

I don't like it when people can't defend themselves, either. Morgan Ellis (Ellison?) is one example for me. But Wilson had been given guidelines and wasn't living up to them. All this is HR stuff - they're not going to give you all the details. But Wilson didn't fight it and no one else is offering him a HC job. So, the facts speak for themselves.

Glass was a lot more transparent with the process than he had to be. As a person who has managed high-profile individuals in a large organization, I can tell you that Freddy followed the process pretty well. KW would still be the HC at IU if he chose to respond appropriately (assuming a modicum of teams success).

Reactions: DANC
FG said CKW stepped down do to philosophical differences. He wasn't fired, there are no legal charges or investigations of player mistreatment so anything you guys speculate on is just that, speculation. So if what all the anti CKW crowd is saying is true then FG is a liar.
BTW, I was ready for CKW to go but I wanted an upgrade not what we got which was at best a lateral move.

FG said CKW stepped down do to philosophical differences. He wasn't fired, there are no legal charges or investigations of player mistreatment so anything you guys speculate on is just that, speculation. So if what all the anti CKW crowd is saying is true then FG is a liar.
BTW, I was ready for CKW to go but I wanted an upgrade not what we got which was at best a lateral move.

Yes, that was the "announced agreement". The equivalent of "announced attendance".

Reactions: brianiu and DANC
Employers/bosses can easily fabricate, exaggerate and give misleading information in their "documentations". If you really want someone out the door, it's not hard to make it happen. Trust me.
There were multiple allegations regarding Wilson's misconduct from players.

There were multiple allegations regarding Wilson's misconduct from players.
There's a lot of speculation on this board regarding mistreatment of injured players, here's mine. Some injured players said there was no problem with the way they were treated while others said they were pushed too hard by CKW. My contention is that players that worked hard and followed rehab directions were not pushed while those that weren't were pushed and probably ridiculed (it's a tough world out there cupcakes). Prove me wrong.

If Glass wanted to fire Wilson, all he had to do was say "you're fired". There wasn't any need to have multiple outside investigations and extensive documentation in his personnel file to get rid of him. Nice conspiracy theory, though.

30+ years of backup.... it’s your own bullshit you smell sweetheart.... you like to get a little personal don’t ya?

Another misplaced anger ..... keep that head in the clouds daydreamer.
I have all the facts behind what I'm saying and you haven't produced a single fact or even made a point worth debating. Since this is now a waste of my time, I'm done responding.

This particular horse is dead and has long ago been recycled into dog food...

Let its ghost move on...
Some want to live in a fantasy world .... Collusion no Collusion .... another claims you can’t believe what the public reasons and statements that were made.....

Fact is IU sucked before CKW and sucked slightly less after CKW left. .... but IU still sucks either way and these guys think it’s everyone else’s fault.... we are soooooo misunderstood as IU fans

You must be in the journalism dept where you are now allowed to use 1 source and call it fact. The fact is that FG said CKW stepped down due to philosophical differences. You tell us it's for a different reason, why would we be responsible to prove your statement wrong when FG already did that for us?
Fact: 1 CKW voluntary left
Fact 2 CKW was given a contract extension after the rumors of drunken behaviour and an investigation of player mistreatment.
Fact 3 there has been no negative reports come to light of player abuse or drunken behavior from OSU.

Reactions: Chriselli
You must be in the journalism dept where you are now allowed to use 1 source and call it fact. The fact is that FG said CKW stepped down due to philosophical differences. You tell us it's for a different reason, why would we be responsible to prove your statement wrong when FG already did that for us?
Fact 2 CKW was given a contract extension after the rumors of drunken behaviour and an investigation of player mistreatment.
Fact 3 there has been no negative reports come to light of player abuse or drunken behavior from OSU.
Shhhhhhh....... be vewy quiet... they are hunting wabbits

Reactions: bang63

I haven't fired a single manager that I have fired.

Think about it.

Reactions: brianiu
Kevin Lumbardi was a hero on this board up until the day Glass told everyone he wasn’t. Then he became public enemy #1. Blind sheep.

Me thinks if true and you issued a press release then you're a liar.
Are you willfully ignorant or does stupidity come naturally to you? A public declaration by Glass that Wilson was cut loose because he was mistreating players would have been an invitation to litigation.

Reactions: brianiu and DANC
Are you willfully ignorant or does stupidity come naturally to you? A public declaration by Glass that Wilson was cut loose because he was mistreating players would have been an invitation to litigation.
I'll ignore your childish personal attack but not the lack of facts in your statement. You confuse facts with speculation. Again it was stated by the AD that Wilson left on his own. Can you prove otherwise with anything more than rumor, opinion pieces or speculation ? Can we agree that Wilson had been cleared in an investigation of player mistreatment? Can we also agree that FG extended CKW's contract after all the rumors and allegations of drunken ar behaviour and player mistreatment.
You snowflakes on here that never played anything tougher than badminton or croquet have no idea what it takes to prepare some individual players to reach their potential. What some consider mistreatment others call motivation and the good coaches know when to use sugar and when to use vinegar and which players respond favorably to one or the other.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
OK, I'll play though I suspect that this is also a waste of my time.
I would call proper vs. improper treatment of injured players "philosophical difference". Maybe you'd call it something different. It's called a euphemism. Feel free to look that word up.
I didn't ask anyone to prove my statement. My position has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Maybe you're just not sure what that position is. I did ask someone else to prove his statement, which hasn't yet happened.
That Wilson voluntarily left is the biggest trump card that can be offered to support Glass' reasoning. If Wilson was totally innocent, don't you think he'd have put up a fight when he was accused of player mistreatment? Protested? Sued the school for payout of his full contract? Wouldn't you? Wouldn't anyone? No, instead he walked away from a Big Ten coaching job with a year's salary and not having to face the scrutiny that would have come with being fired because he knew he had no defense. Smart move on his part.
Based on the timing of events and statements from Glass, it looks pretty reasonable to assume that the contact extension came after had made it clear to Wilson that his behavior was not acceptable and that Wilson agreed to change it. That's how employment situations work. If you do something wrong that doesn't merit firing, you get disciplined and if you don't do it again, you get to keep your job. Wilson evidently agreed, Glass believed him, then Wilson did it again. When you don't do what your boss tells you to do, you lose your job. That's how things work.
You also don't have the slightest clue what Wilson's behavior has been at Ohio State and it has no bearing on what he did here. It's also entirely possible that losing his only shot a head coaching job sobered him up (literally and figuratively) and that he's changed his behavior. Frankly, I don't give a flying rat's ass about his drinking habits and I haven't seen any evidence that it played a part in his leaving IU.

So far, the conspiracy theorists have not offered a single shred of evidence to dispute any reports of why Wilson resigned nor even offered a remotely plausible reason why Glass would have lied about it. If Glass wanted to fire Wilson, all he had to do was fire him. Instead Glass crossed every T and dotted every I documenting Wilson's conduct. He could have then fired him with cause, no settlement, and a mountain of media scrutiny that might have cost Wilson his career.
This is all really, really simple and I'm baffled at why it's such a problem to understand. Things are just what they appear to be. The earth is not flat and the Bildebergs didn't blow up the World Trade Center. I guess some people are just incapable of handling the simple explanations for things.

At the time it was reported in Bloomington that Wilson was not welcome in any local drinking establishment. That's why he drank in Ellettsville and Martinsville. There was even one report that he had to be retrieved from Martinsville.
Where are these reports? Please include the link. Also, in another post, you said he played injured players. Care to discuss specific cases?

No issues? You don't know that at all. The only two things we know are that he had lots of issues in BTown and Urban. That said, the Feepaws and Ordys all said that OK was glad to get rid of him.
This read to me like revisionist history, so I went back and looked.

"Drunk abuser". Wow. New inside info. Fill us in Shelock.

Tell us more Shelock. Tell us more about how he was a drunk abuser and be specific. Wel'll wait.

I for one supported KW even through some of the stories that guys like Dakich and PU grads were spreading about his non coaching behavior.

Wish I didn’t know now what I didn’t know then?

OK, I'll play though I suspect that this is also a waste of my time.
I would call proper vs. improper treatment of injured players "philosophical difference". Maybe you'd call it something different. It's called a euphemism. Feel free to look that word up.
I didn't ask anyone to prove my statement. My position has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Maybe you're just not sure what that position is. I did ask someone else to prove his statement, which hasn't yet happened.
That Wilson voluntarily left is the biggest trump card that can be offered to support Glass' reasoning. If Wilson was totally innocent, don't you think he'd have put up a fight when he was accused of player mistreatment? Protested? Sued the school for payout of his full contract? Wouldn't you? Wouldn't anyone? No, instead he walked away from a Big Ten coaching job with a year's salary and not having to face the scrutiny that would have come with being fired because he knew he had no defense. Smart move on his part.
Based on the timing of events and statements from Glass, it looks pretty reasonable to assume that the contact extension came after had made it clear to Wilson that his behavior was not acceptable and that Wilson agreed to change it. That's how employment situations work. If you do something wrong that doesn't merit firing, you get disciplined and if you don't do it again, you get to keep your job. Wilson evidently agreed, Glass believed him, then Wilson did it again. When you don't do what your boss tells you to do, you lose your job. That's how things work.
You also don't have the slightest clue what Wilson's behavior has been at Ohio State and it has no bearing on what he did here. It's also entirely possible that losing his only shot a head coaching job sobered him up (literally and figuratively) and that he's changed his behavior. Frankly, I don't give a flying rat's ass about his drinking habits and I haven't seen any evidence that it played a part in his leaving IU.

So far, the conspiracy theorists have not offered a single shred of evidence to dispute any reports of why Wilson resigned nor even offered a remotely plausible reason why Glass would have lied about it. If Glass wanted to fire Wilson, all he had to do was fire him. Instead Glass crossed every T and dotted every I documenting Wilson's conduct. He could have then fired him with cause, no settlement, and a mountain of media scrutiny that might have cost Wilson his career.
This is all really, really simple and I'm baffled at why it's such a problem to understand. Things are just what they appear to be. The earth is not flat and the Bildebergs didn't blow up the World Trade Center. I guess some people are just incapable of handling the simple explanations for things.
I dont have time to read the entire post and didn't you say you're done posting on this thread.
The first part of your post that I read "wouldn't you think that" makes my point. You dont differentiate theory and facts. Do I think every thing you said is possible, of course, likely, maybe factual, absolutely not. You expect the AD to be ethical and honest unless there is a lot of $ involved then it's ok to lie. If I practiced your game of speculation I would state unequivocally that FG lied about the reason for CKW leaving to cover his own a$$. After all he had recently negotiated a new contract with more years and $. He didnt want to look stupid (even though he did) so he called it philosophical differences. All my theories point to this so it has to be true, right? Wrong, it's just putting together a mixture of truth and speculation and calling it fact.

This read to me like revisionist history, so I went back and looked.

Wish I didn’t know now what I didn’t know then?

the conversations and claims made are not equivalent but nice try. Those comments are still accurate today. He had plenty of issues but none like you claim that I am aware of.

Me thinks if true and you issued a press release then you're a liar.

Right over your head. Dear God Son...have someone explain it to you.

Those press releases help the former employee save face. KW got a sweet deal.

the conversations and claims made are not equivalent but nice try. Those comments are still accurate today. He had plenty of issues but none like you claim that I am aware of.
I don’t claim anything, but your position seems to have changed. No biggie to me. You support your coach. That’s good on you.

Some want to live in a fantasy world .... Collusion no Collusion .... another claims you can’t believe what the public reasons and statements that were made.....

Fact is IU sucked before CKW and sucked slightly less after CKW left. .... but IU still sucks either way and these guys think it’s everyone else’s fault.... we are soooooo misunderstood as IU fans
1. This is a football forum, not a political forum. But I'm not going to let you spread absolute bullshit like this

2. The Mueller report literally said charging Trump with a crime was “not an option” because of federal rules, and went on to say “If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so”. I'm sorry your Fox News echo chamber lied to you, and I'm sorry you never bothered to read the report. Also, the Mueller investigation ended up indicting 34 people, and also caught Paul Manafort (Trump Campaign Manager, one of those 34 indicted people) sharing polling data with Ukrainian officials

https://www.apnews.com/94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/20/giuliani-manafort-ukraine-criminal-1116064

3. Donald Trump was just caught red handed this week, trying to blackmail Ukraine by withholding military aid... unless they launched phony investigations into the Biden's. AND he is actively attempting to cover it up, as I type this. I'm sure you have no problem with this though

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/20/trump-urged-ukraine-president-to-investigate-joe-bidens-son.html

4. This thread has ridiculed Fred Glass for being the only P5 team willing to hire Tom Allen as HC, while also ridiculing him for not keeping Kevin Wilson...who hasn't been hired by any other P5 team as HC. That doesn't quite make sense to me

5. To all those defending Kevin Wilson, even forgetting all the other unverified rumors about him...come on.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...-alleges-mistreatment-kevin-wilson/670904001/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...leged-player-mistreatment-20161205-story.html

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/1/13809438/kevin-wilson-resigns-indiana-head-coach

https://deadspin.com/report-indiana-to-fire-coach-kevin-wilson-for-player-m-1789572548

https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/indian...culture-of-fear-under-coach-kevin-wilson.html

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT