ADVERTISEMENT

Who is eating crow?

I made multiple posts questioning Dolson. He’s clearly better than his predecessor now. We need to see coach Cig turn it around before we really raise a glass to Dolson, however. IU AD did well this week. Well done Dolson. We again have hope for IU football!

No doubt, you & about 10-15 others will be calling for a coaching change 6-8 games into next season because it's what you do.

Nope. I’ve been through an 0-11 campaign before with Mallory as a first year coach and never once did that. Why? Because he was handed an empty cupboard and he showed that he could coach.

However, yes, I will be critical of a coach in his 5th, 6th and 7th year as a coach who is making repeated blunders and general disorganization with his program.
That’s where Allen was.
The fact you would find such criticism as harsh speaks to having low expectations.
The recent moves show that IU knows it has to make a commitment and it’s promising. It has to do this to stay in the conference.
I believe that more than ever because the next decade is going to be truly transformative in college athletics and if you don’t stay with it (which IU has a history of doing that), you’ll be left in the dust.

Nope. I’ve been through an 0-11 campaign before with Mallory as a first year coach and never once did that. Why? Because he was handed an empty cupboard and he showed that he could coach.

However, yes, I will be critical of a coach in his 5th, 6th and 7th year as a coach who is making repeated blunders and general disorganization with his program.
That’s where Allen was.
The fact you would find such criticism as harsh speaks to having low expectations.
The recent moves show that IU knows it has to make a commitment and it’s promising. It has to do this to stay in the conference.
I believe that more than ever because the next decade is going to be truly transformative in college athletics and if you don’t stay with it (which IU has a history of doing that), you’ll be left in the dust.
You have no way of knowing what my expectations are for the IU football program. For you to even suggest that you know shows just how uninformed you truly area. You seem to be that guy, that if I could go back in time, I would bet money, you wanted every IU football coach fired up until this point going forward from Mallory. IMO, you represent all that is bad with this board.

I think it's ok to be "critical" of coaches at times. It's one thing to be critical, but you were not critical, you were over-the-top obsessed with wanting CTA fired. The real world doesn't operate the way you think it should and if you were in charge of the hiring/firing of the IU FB & BB coaches, there isn't a coach out there that would want to work for you.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I have been critical of Dolson based on his actions towards football. He no has shown he can do very good things for football and that is what I wanted to see. I don't apologize for being critical of Dolson but I do apologize for doubting his ability to make a good hire.

I don’t think anybody owes SD an apology. He effed up big time with CTAs contract (there is no way in hell he should have negotiated a contract that resulted in a $20 million buyout for a coach that won 3 B1G games in 3 years). I think He deserves an attaboy for raising money to rectify the situation but not an apology.

Now, let’s see if he learned a lesson from all this.
That’s BS. If he wouldn’t have gotten contract like that and left for Florida State, you would have been leading the charge on how terrible they were for letting him walk.

You have no way of knowing what my expectations are for the IU football program. For you to even suggest that you know shows just how uninformed you truly area. You seem to be that guy, that if I could go back in time, I would bet money, you wanted every IU football coach fired up until this point going forward from Mallory. IMO, you represent all that is bad with this board.

I think it's ok to be "critical" of coaches at times. It's one thing to be critical, but you were not critical, you were over-the-top obsessed with wanting CTA fired. The real world doesn't operate the way you think it should and if you were in charge of the hiring/firing of the IU FB & BB coaches, there isn't a coach out there that would want to work for you.

Well, I’m a fan. Fans have extreme opinions. And, yes, I wanted Allen gone after 2022. I knew this year was a long shot with him to even get to the minimum 6 wins that we had in this team. This is why I was vocal that he be gone as early as September because it looked like a trainwreck then. I think you are of the old mentality of just wanting enough to hang around in the conference and that is probably more detrimental to IU’s future and is bad in its own right. Totally different environment now than the old IU attitude that we need to be patient and expect losing for long periods of time. This new world of football offers a free agency market that you better have a sense of urgency. All that people are asking as the floor is a competitive team that goes .500 and gets to bowls. We were nowhere close to that the last 3 years. It was evident that the program under Allen was circling the drain. IU was PLENTY patient with him and none of our peers in our conference would have held out as long. Clearly, IU appears to be embracing new expectations.

Reactions: Indyhorn
^^^^^^^^ Exactly what he said !! .... ^^^^^^^

I think this is a good hire but I still think Dolson's in over his head and this time I bet he had a lot of input from people far more qualified than him telling him what he should do.

We'll see...

And what facts led you to form the opinion that Dolson is in over his head?
The fact that he fired Archie and raised the money so that he could do it?
The fact that he fired Allen and ditto?

And as someone else said, if Dolson wouldn't have gotten input from football people, that would have been criminal.

Reactions: IU2Bgood
Ah, I see, I want to give credit where credit is due and that makes me the wife or other relative.
Obviously I hit a nerve so I imagine my post hit too close to home and you are not a big enough person to admit it.
You do you.
And if that doesn't do it for you how about - ESAD.
No offense, Mrs. Dolson! Scottie did good.

It’s not revisionist history. One of Dolson’s primary objectives as a leader is to manage risk. He neglected to appropriately consider what happens if CTA’s fails big time, and this put the athletic department in a dire situation. He’s lucky he got bailed out. I get that big buyouts are here to stay, but big buyouts after three years of pathetic performance shouldn’t be. There are levers that savvy negotiators can use to avoid this situation. CTA’s agent definitely got the best of SD - I just hope SD learned from it.
Do you think it was his decision alone or did several big donors significantly pressure him?

I don’t think anybody owes SD an apology. He effed up big time with CTAs contract (there is no way in hell he should have negotiated a contract that resulted in a $20 million buyout for a coach that won 3 B1G games in 3 years). I think He deserves an attaboy for raising money to rectify the situation but not an apology.

Now, let’s see if he learned a lesson from all this.
Not to mention, he let the real genius KD go to Fresno State & really tied himself to the wrong horse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT