ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS says Nyet to Trump

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001

The New York Times reported Friday. “The court, in a brief unsigned order, said Texas lacked standing to pursue the case, saying it ‘has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections.'”

The New York Times reported Friday. “The court, in a brief unsigned order, said Texas lacked standing to pursue the case, saying it ‘has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections.'”
Germans Bomb Pearl Harbor!

So it appears the Democratic doomsday scenario of a Trump SCOTUS stealing the election for him did not come to fruition.

If the D's by some miracle take the GA seats, I hope my Doomsday scenario of Democrats adding states, packing SCOTUS, ending the filibuster does not come to fruition.

Collectively as a country let's ease up on the throttle a little bit.

So it appears the Democratic doomsday scenario of a Trump SCOTUS stealing the election for him did not come to fruition.

If the D's by some miracle take the GA seats, I hope my Doomsday scenario of Democrats adding states, packing SCOTUS, ending the filibuster does not come to fruition.

Collectively as a country let's ease up on the throttle a little bit.
DO YOU MEAN I’M GOING TO HAVE TO TALK TO MY FAMILY?!?!?

Ending the filibuster won't be necessary if Mitch doesn't abuse it. That will be his decision.

The so-called Democratic doomsday scenario of a Trump SCOTUS stealing the election for him indeed did not come to fruition.

But it is crystal clear that the current administration, with direct in-name support of over 100 members of congress, indeed did try to use the SCOTUS to steal an election and nullify the will of millions of voters, for absolutely no reasons that are based in reality.

So if it was a fear, it was well justified. Thankfully the Trump legal team was too laughably incompetent to make any coherent arguments, though to be fair, courts tend to insist on fact-based contentions.

Last edited:
You guys always say that when it isn't your turn to drive.

I sure hope the Dems don’t pack the courts like the cons have been doing the last four years. And as far as SCOTUS goes, they didn’t let RBG’s seat even get cold a month before an election. Yes, I sure hope the Dems don’t pack the SCOTUS, like the cons actually just did.

Reactions: DrHoops
You guys always say that when it isn't your turn to drive.

Fair enough. I didn’t see a whole lot of Democrats reaching out the last four years. How do you make a deal with the devil?

Fwiw I’m heartened by some of what I’ve seen from the incoming Biden admin. Seems like a bunch of establishment, retread, swamp monsters. I can live with Democratic corporatism the next four years. Their shitty foreign policy won’t affect my day to day life all that much.

I sure hope the Dems don’t pack the courts like the cons have been doing the last four years. And as far as SCOTUS goes, they didn’t let RBG’s seat even get cold a month before an election. Yes, I sure hope the Dems don’t pack the SCOTUS, like the cons actually just did.

I don’t think you understand what court packing is....

The so-called Democratic doomsday scenario of a Trump SCOTUS stealing the election for him indeed did not come to fruition.

But it is crystal clear that the current administration, with direct in-name support of over 100 members of congress, indeed did try to use the SCOTUS to steal an election and nullify the will of millions of voters, for absolutely no reasons that are based in reality.

So if it was a fear, it was well justified. Thankfully the Trump legal team was too laughably incompetent to make any coherent arguments, though to be fair, courts tend to insist on fact-based contentions.
I am especially surprised that even Amy Coney Barrett voted "Nyet."

Honestly will likely be a long time before I can likely justify voting for a Republican again. This has been a totally deplorable 4 years, and they somehow managed to make it even worse at the end.

There is perhaps 1/3rd of the party that remains respectable.... and at least most of the Senators seemed to refuse to go along. But holy hell, are these some really pathetic people.

She’s not stupid, and she certainly is not Trump’s lackey.
Yep, he’s a flash in the pan and she’s gonna be in it for as long as she wants. Trump is finding out that America’s democratic government doesn’t work like the back room deals he was used to. He tried to rig the system, though.

She is the newest. She got that job because of Trump. She seemed not quite, well, never mind1
She got the job because she is supremely qualified. I may not agree with her views but she has certainly earned her spot. Trump had little to do with it other than he was the republican that won in 2016. If you think there would have been a different outcome had Bush/Rubio/Cruz would have won, you’re delusional. Once Ginsburg passed ACB was always the replacement

Honestly will likely be a long time before I can likely justify voting for a Republican again. This has been a totally deplorable 4 years, and they somehow managed to make it even worse at the end.

There is perhaps 1/3rd of the party that remains respectable.... and at least most of the Senators seemed to refuse to go along. But holy hell, are these some really pathetic people.
This is why I didn’t hesitate to vote straight ticket on November 3rd. I actually think governor Holcomb is a reasonable moderate republican and I normally would’ve voted to give him another 4 years.

Reactions: Bill4411
Words have meaning. "Pack the court" takes years of having the votes. Expanding the court is no better than the thrown out law suit.

Reactions: jet812
Expand - to make larger

To go from 9 current seats to more seats would be expanding.

Despite the con attempts to rewrite the longstanding definitions of words, only Trump supporting idiots but into the rewriting.

Whatever dude “Court packing” has been common parlance for almost 100 years, and everyone knows what it means, except for you apparently.

Yes “expanding” works as well. You win?

edit: More references to court packing from the “Trump supporting idiots” at the Washington Post

Last edited:
Words have meaning. "Pack the court" takes years of having the votes. Expanding the court is no better than the thrown out law suit.

Cool story. Now, show me the constitutional amendment or the particular federal law that says the Supreme Court can only be 9 seats. Shouldn’t be too hard for a member of the law and order party.

Whatever dude “Court packing” has been common parlance for almost 100 years, and everyone knows what it means, except for you apparently.

Yes “expanding” works as well. You win?

Packing the court is what the cons have been doing for four years. As soon as dem is elected to the White House, you suddenly have an aversion to the practice.

Cool story. Now, show me the constitutional amendment or the particular federal law that says the Supreme Court can only be 9 seats. Shouldn’t be too hard for a member of the law and order party.
You know that it doesn't. If you get 13 then when the Republicans win again shall it expand to 17. In 100 years is could be a very large number. Have at it.

Reactions: stollcpa
The number 9 is indeed set by federal law. Judiciary Act of 1869.

By the way, you seem to be trying to boost your own ego by asking pointless questions.

The number 9 is indeed set by federal law. Judiciary Act of 1869.

By the way, you seem to be trying to boost your own ego by asking pointless questions.

Yes, and federal law can be changed. I meant to say set in stone but good catch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT