ADVERTISEMENT

Right where they need to be.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
First of all, isn't college basketball fun? Strap in, buckle up, you are gonna ride a rollercoaster. IU season has been like riding the Beast, ever been on that wooden bad boy down on the island?? You go up for that flip, and you for sure think it is going off the rails. Then you come down and get a nice view of the island and realize this thing aint that bad, we got this.

Excuse the long winded analogy, but I am staring at the Gulf of Mexico and in a chipper mood this morning. Point being, for not playing a single game with our entire team available since Xavier, this team has faired very well. Of course there was going to be some ups and downs with Race, X, JHS, and TJD all experiencing injuries and out games. Those probably are your 4 leading vote getters preseason for most important players on the team. 5-4 with 2 road victories in the B1G is looking pretty damn good. IMO a sweep of PU and just one more loss would be necessary to catch them, but 2nd place we should win.

No reason not to be second in this league. IU has proven that they have multiple players that can step up and provide the depth we have wanted all year. TJD is also providing leadership in his actions and play that are translating to All American status. I like where IU is at right now.

X will be back sooner than later, and I expect a few more bumps before March. That is needed, you want to work out the kinks and start playing your best ball at tourney time. IU is set up to do just that. IMO we finish 13-7 with a good shot at winning the B1G tourney.

First of all, isn't college basketball fun? Strap in, buckle up, you are gonna ride a rollercoaster. IU season has been like riding the Beast, ever been on that wooden bad boy down on the island?? You go up for that flip, and you for sure think it is going off the rails. Then you come down and get a nice view of the island and realize this thing aint that bad, we got this.

Excuse the long winded analogy, but I am staring at the Gulf of Mexico and in a chipper mood this morning. Point being, for not playing a single game with our entire team available since Xavier, this team has faired very well. Of course there was going to be some ups and downs with Race, X, JHS, and TJD all experiencing injuries and out games. Those probably are your 4 leading vote getters preseason for most important players on the team. 5-4 with 2 road victories in the B1G is looking pretty damn good. IMO a sweep of PU and just one more loss would be necessary to catch them, but 2nd place we should win.

No reason not to be second in this league. IU has proven that they have multiple players that can step up and provide the depth we have wanted all year. TJD is also providing leadership in his actions and play that are translating to All American status. I like where IU is at right now.

X will be back sooner than later, and I expect a few more bumps before March. That is needed, you want to work out the kinks and start playing your best ball at tourney time. IU is set up to do just that. IMO we finish 13-7 with a good shot at winning the B1G tourney.
One game at a time. The Hoosiers are still behind the 8-ball due to the Iowa and Northwestern games. Starting to make amends but not there yet

Tomorrow is a big one IMO. Situation is ripe for an OSU win. They have been reeling and are due for a win. We have won 4 in a row and haven’t won 5 straight in years. Gotta lock this one down.

We are slightly above average. I think we a team that will under achieve based off talent but be dangerous enough to be a team people won’t want to play. Key for this team will be can they beat anyone hood away from assembly. Xavier early in season is our best win.

Reactions: salient43

Its really, really difficult to project much of anything with this team. We've dismantled 3 likely NCAA tournament teams, and then got thoroughly outplayed by a team that might not beat many good NAIA teams right now with all the people they had sitting out.

How many games will we get like the previous 3? How many like the 3 before that and Wednesdays games?

Appreciate the optimism. I'm not sure whether its fully warranted or not. Just as expected as the negative views that are out there I guess!

We have a lot of tough games left...on its face the earlier part of our schedule was definitely easier than the remaining schedule. But to me, the schedule isn't as relevant as how WE play.

If we play the remaining 11 games on our schedule like we did Wisky-MSU...I'd predict we'd win 9+ of them.

If we play the remaining 11 games like we did at Minny, or at PSU, we'll lose every single one of them.

At this point, I'd predict we'll play pretty well in most home games, but have a couple clunkers. And we'll play pretty well in a couple road games, but not in others. 5-6 wins coming home. 10-11 overall conference wins.

Even with that...we just saw us play 3 games in a row that with any sort of decent draw, would get us to an Elite 8. With X and Race coming back, if they can integrate back in well...I think even if we do stumble a few times, and finish around .500 in the conference...I still wouldn't want to face IU in either tournament if I were a better seeded team.

Its really, really difficult to project much of anything with this team. We've dismantled 3 likely NCAA tournament teams, and then got thoroughly outplayed by a team that might not beat many good NAIA teams right now with all the people they had sitting out.

How many games will we get like the previous 3? How many like the 3 before that and Wednesdays games?

Appreciate the optimism. I'm not sure whether its fully warranted or not. Just as expected as the negative views that are out there I guess!

We have a lot of tough games left...on its face the earlier part of our schedule was definitely easier than the remaining schedule. But to me, the schedule isn't as relevant as how WE play.

If we play the remaining 11 games on our schedule like we did Wisky-MSU...I'd predict we'd win 9+ of them.

If we play the remaining 11 games like we did at Minny, or at PSU, we'll lose every single one of them.

At this point, I'd predict we'll play pretty well in most home games, but have a couple clunkers. And we'll play pretty well in a couple road games, but not in others. 5-6 wins coming home. 10-11 overall conference wins.

Even with that...we just saw us play 3 games in a row that with any sort of decent draw, would get us to an Elite 8. With X and Race coming back, if they can integrate back in well...I think even if we do stumble a few times, and finish around .500 in the conference...I still wouldn't want to face IU in either tournament if I were a better seeded team.
We will lose around 9-10 conference games this year.

We will lose around 9-10 conference games this year.
I would guess that too. I was going to try to go game by game...but that's fairly useless right now. You'd have to guess what IU team shows up too. We can beat anyone, can lose to anyone, remaining on our schedule.

Full on Cav level optimism...I'd say 9-2, with a loss at Mackey, and one other road loss.

Full on Big Red Buffalo level negative nancy... 0-11.

What about dawg? How does he fit in to make this 13-7 possible?

Just left the east coast at the ass crack of dawn.

Enjoy.

So, in your absence who is sitting with Tamar's dad tomorrow night?

They will not be in town either. Sold my seats for this game.
Sorry to hear they won’t be there. Tamar seems to thrive when they are. Or, is it you? LOL
Regardless, we need to pull out W without the Bates family AND you….I will do my best!

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh
Sorry to hear they won’t be there. Tamar seems to thrive when they are. Or, is it you? LOL
Regardless, we need to pull out W without the Bates family AND you….I will do my best!
Figure out how to piss him off. 😂

Damn Northwestern game!
Just can't lose at home!
Don’t forget NW has already beat IU, Wisky, ILL, and MSU (also away). NW has no bad losses, projected to be 11-9, and easily make the tourney.

That ain’t a bad loss.

Reactions: asindc
I agree, tamar does better with his dad close by at games . Been pretty fun watching the back and forth they have. MSU game was awesome.

I think ANY loss at home is a bad loss unless the visitor is top 5 or so in the nation.
They are not fun, but you win 8 of 10 at home and it is a very very good year. Especially if they are both tourney teams.

I agree, tamar does better with his dad close by at games . Been pretty fun watching the back and forth they have. MSU game was awesome.
Hope he grows out of that soon. I get he's got a special relationship with his dad. But he's too hot and cold right now.

Don’t forget NW has already beat IU, Wisky, ILL, and MSU (also away). NW has no bad losses, projected to be 11-9, and easily make the tourney.

That ain’t a bad loss.
Yes, NW is the surprise in the BiG standings to this point. Dismantled MN at Welch Ryan yesterday. We need to dominate the rematch with the improved defense that was realized after that AH loss.

IU won the rebounding battle against a OSU squad that looked to be bigger and stronger. If IU can keep limiting opponents to one shot, the future is bright.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT