ADVERTISEMENT

Republican debate thread

The ironic part is she is probably the candidate best positioned to win in the general election- so of course she has zero shot in the GOP primary- she was strong last night
Listening to Christie and her provides a little hope there were actual conservatives on that stage. She still pandered Trumpers last night by raising her hand, but you can't alienate the braindead just yet.

Reactions: Indyhorn
Listening to Christie and her provides a little hope there were actual conservatives on that stage. She still pandered Trumpers last night by raising her hand, but you can't alienate the braindead just yet.
I listened to a little conservative radio this morning. They are pushing the Viv hard. By far the smartest. Self made. Pay for the border. Hawaiii. Poor hoods. Not Ukraine. Rest don’t value money. Just gov payroll people who never did a thing. Trump and the viv are best by far. Paraphrasing

I listened to a little conservative radio this morning. They are pushing the Viv hard. By far the smartest. Self made. Pay for the border. Hawaiii. Poor hoods. Not Ukraine. Rest don’t value money. Just gov payroll people who never did a thing. Trump and the viv are best by far. Paraphrasing
Of course they are. He's Trump lite.

The Dems have progressives and mods. Pubs have old school and trumpers. Basically four parties
Agreed. The fringe right sells fear though. Progressives, at least at its grassroots levels, look for new ways to do things. I'm not even talking about the politicians, even though that's the driving force.

Twitter

Over 170 million views now.

As of last night Twitter/Tucker/Trump tripled the Fox News debate.

170M.... lol.

If I were to click on that for 1 second I would count too. Hell it may count just me viewing it on here without touching it.

How Are Twitter Impressions Calculated?
Twitter impressions are calculated based on the number of times a tweet is displayed on users’ screens, whether in their timelines, search results, or hashtag feeds. Each time a tweet is displayed on a user’s screen, it counts as one impression.

However, note that Twitter impressions are not unique views, which means that if a user sees a tweet multiple times, it will count as multiple impressions. If a tweet appears in a user’s timeline and they scroll past it twice, it will count as two impressions.

Last edited:
The ironic part is she is probably the candidate best positioned to win in the general election- so of course she has zero shot in the GOP primary- she was strong last night
I don’t dislike her, but I disagree she we would win in the primary(this is where we part ways). There aren’t enough moderates for her to win. The Republican base wouldn’t show up enough. The Democrats will show up to vote for anyone with a D in front of their name. I think she would get thumped like Romney.

Of course they are. He's Trump lite.
If by Trump lite you mean Trump without the ugly personal attacks, without the dishonest self-promotion, and with the self confidence to rise above the world of cheap shots, that would be a damn fine candidate.

Reactions: secondasky
170M.... lol.

If I were to click on that for 1 second I would count too. Hell it may count just me viewing it on here without touching it.
I don't wanna argue but, don't be naive...Even you, yourself said nobody watches TV anymore. Last night, let me properly pronoun it for some on this board X/Twitter/Tucker/Trump killed the msm forever.

People are tired of the msm clown show its a joke and you know it. How do you know you have a legit contender? When the interviewer, Tucker, asks Trump “Are you worried that they're gonna try and kill you? Why wouldn't they try and kill you?” Trumps answer "They're savage animals". They already are killing him with an indictment chain to China and back.

It is what it is...

I love how Hickory just laughs at everything because he can't refute a damned thing.
I love how being absolutely incredibly laughingly wrong about polls and election results in 2020 and 2022, you faithfully continue to post them every single day. Some people learn from their mistakes…

I don't wanna argue but, don't be naive...Even you, yourself said nobody watches TV anymore. Last night, let me properly pronoun it for some on this board X/Twitter/Tucker/Trump killed the msm forever.

People are tired of the msm clown show its a joke and you know it. How do you know you have a legit contender? When the interviewer, Tucker, asks Trump “Are you worried that they're gonna try and kill you? Why wouldn't they try and kill you?” Trumps answer "They're savage animals". They already are killing him with an indictment chain to China and back.

It is what it is...

I've seen the tweet of the interview at least 7x this morning without even looking for it..... so that means 7 impressions from me, and I wouldn't wipe my ass with that interview, let alone watch it. Then add in all the bots that scrape twitter constantly and that's how you get some absurd number.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
This about sums it up...Kari Lake at the debate watching Tucker/Trump on Twitter...The people have spoken and realize the news is complete propaganda. Your Welcome!

In fairness, from the looks of that picture, the debate hadn't started yet, and it is their job to follow all of the candidates. I'd put 100$ down that they stopped watching as soon as the debate began.

Oh Trump has a real room to talk on word salad. Covefe, yo- Semite.
I think the better comparison is his own particular speaking style. If you ever notice when he gives a speech and mis-speaks, he acts like he meant to do it.

For example, most people would say something like, “Brett Favre was a tremendous wiener, excuse me, tremendous winner.”

Trump would say, “Brett Favre was a tremendous wiener…..and winner.”

I always thought it was an unusual verbal tick.

It is what it is...
Uh what exactly do you think that proves? A ridiculous question and an even more ridiculous answer. Hillary gets torn apart for saying SOME of Trump’s base is deplorable and yet Trump uses that type of rhetoric every single day. Savage animals. He’s a pathetic joke. And a criminal. Jail time today! How many views will that get?

Progressives, at least at its grassroots levels, look for new ways to do things.
Including demonizing people (including fellow Dems!) who don't subscribe to their binary view of the world. We should call it like it is. Just b/c it's "our brand" of destructive behavior doesn't make it any different than the far right wingnuts.

The way we elect people still creates a split in the middle.
couldn't agree more.

I think the better comparison is his own particular speaking style. If you ever notice when he gives a speech and mis-speaks, he acts like he meant to do it.

For example, most people would say something like, “Brett Favre was a tremendous wiener, excuse me, tremendous winner.”

Trump would say, “Brett Favre was a tremendous wiener…..and winner.”

I always thought it was an unusual verbal tick.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
If by Trump lite you mean Trump without the ugly personal attacks, without the dishonest self-promotion, and with the self confidence to rise above the world of cheap shots, that would be a damn fine candidate.
Except he doesn't care about the Constitution, hints that 9/11 was an inside job and sounds like he's taking social agenda to the federal level.

Including demonizing people (including fellow Dems!) who don't subscribe to their binary view of the world. We should call it like it is. Just b/c it's "our brand" of destructive behavior doesn't make it any different than the far right wingnuts.

couldn't agree more.
it will be interesting to see how many trumpers get behind the viv. the dichotomy in the party is pretty clear. the viv/trump vs christie /pence types. the former are perceived as outsiders. self-made. non establishment. focus on making america great again. spend here before anywhere else. other countries can fund themselves. vs the latter. gov types. politicians. support ukraine with funding etc. place our footprint around the world.

trump is an idiot and i give dbm hell for his silly polls and loyalty to a scumbag, but if you get past the person there really isn't anything wrong with supporting those policy/ideologies

I've faced that somewhat on a local level.

Reactions: larsIU
the viv is obviously crazy smart. his cv evidences same. but damn four years of that dude would feel like dog years. guy is incredibly annoying. watching him interact during the handshaking post debate a douchebag as well.

Ramaswamy is running for vice president.

it will be interesting to see how many trumpers get behind the viv. the dichotomy in the party is pretty clear. the viv/trump vs christie /pence types. the former are perceived as outsiders. self-made. non establishment. focus on making america great again. spend here before anywhere else. other countries can fund themselves. vs the latter. gov types. politicians. support ukraine with funding etc. place our footprint around the world.

trump is an idiot and i give dbm hell for his silly polls and loyalty to a scumbag, but if you get past the person there really isn't anything wrong with supporting those policy/ideologies
Maybe, but Trump panders to hate and bigotry, which is a non-starter. I feel Vivek would too.

Viv needs to grow up. His foreign policy ideas are like IU Hickory posts.

Uh what exactly do you think that proves? A ridiculous question and an even more ridiculous answer. Hillary gets torn apart for saying SOME of Trump’s base is deplorable and yet Trump uses that type of rhetoric every single day. Savage animals. He’s a pathetic joke. And a criminal. Jail time today! How many views will that get?
Ohhh Jordan already unleashed his investigation this morning and now this stupid corrupt broad in Georgia has to produce docs by Sept 7th. Its a clownshow. Your party is an embarrassment to this country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT