ADVERTISEMENT

Regardless of who you WANT IU to hire…..

Paul Chryst.

I think after that buyout, they're going to want to try to make something of a "statement hire", and if there is something to the buzz of insisting on HC experience, and I think there is, then I'm sensing a "risk averse" approach.

Who do you think they’ll hire? I’ll go first.

Justin Frye.
Ohio State's offense had 2 of the best receivers in the game and they still didn't do much. Ryan Day worked with him at previous stops but even Ryan Day's job security is dwindling. I'm not saying IU won't make a mistake and go that route but I would love to know what the hire is based upon other than he played for IU...

Ohio State's offense had 2 of the best receivers in the game and they still didn't do much. Ryan Day worked with him at previous stops but even Ryan Day's job security is dwindling. I'm not saying IU won't make a mistake and go that route but I would love to know what the hire is based upon other than he played for IU...
Well they hired Woody so it would make sense. It's what IU does. They love to hire from within.

Well they hired Woody so it would make sense. It's what IU does. They love to hire from within.
If that's what drives the AD, then at least just go get Randle El. Not a hire any of us truly are asking for but if it has to be an alumni, I would rather start with a clean slate than whatever Frye is.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
I would prefer a big name. So that group would be Jon Gruden (I know that has been dispelled, just using it as an example), Urban Meyer, Day from Ohio State, Harbaugh from Michigan, Lane Kiffin, etc.
Failing that, I might eschew the coaches mentioned that are in that 60 yo range, and try a young professional assistant coach. A QB coach from a pro team, 40ish, that could bring a high scoring offense that would be entertaining.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Who would I like them to hire? jim Leonard. Who do I think they will hire? The first guy they see at a busy intersection holding a Homemade Cardboard sign reading, "will work for food".
Keller is our next coach?!?

Who do you think they’ll hire? I’ll go first.

Justin Frye.
No idea..., and I'm starting to believe that our AD is in the same boat...

Heard NORAD had picked up something north of us but it turned out to just be another Chinese ballon...

I’d go with Jerry Kill- how about a coach who has shown skill in our conference?

I have no idea who it will be. I would love to see the list of who has said they have interest through their agent. Usually, most rumors are just that rumors. The reason behind some saying Justin Frye who I like but is not as qualified as Carey. He was a big ugly at IU, has head coaching and coordinator experience. I like Carey but not in favor of him becoming our head coach. He and Bostad are the ones I would consider trying to keep helping transition the team and staff.

No idea..., and I'm starting to believe that our AD is in the same boat...

Heard NORAD had picked up something north of us but it turned out to just be another Chinese ballon...
Well, the Chinese have an impressive Olympic sports machine. Maybe there's something there.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
I would love them to reach out to Bill Clark. What he accomplished at UAB was remarkable. I also think a dark horse is still Yurcich. Played and coached for Kevin Donally the winningest coach in NAIA history. Had great offenses at Shippensburg. Worked for Cale Gundy, Tom Herman, Ryan Day, James Franklin and he was runner-up to Fritz for the Tulane job. He has been around and may be able to bring in quality assistants. Next would be Jason Candle. But I know I am way off but offer Kalen Deboer a blank check. He is a Midwest guy, who knows? I am allowed to dream.

I would love them to reach out to Bill Clark. What he accomplished at UAB was remarkable. I also think a dark horse is still Yurcich. Played and coached for Kevin Donally the winningest coach in NAIA history. Had great offenses at Shippensburg. Worked for Cale Gundy, Tom Herman, Ryan Day, James Franklin and he was runner-up to Fritz for the Tulane job. He has been around and may be able to bring in quality assistants. Next would be Jason Candle. But I know I am way off but offer Kalen Deboer a blank check. He is a Midwest guy, who knows? I am allowed to dream.
I agree about Kalen Deboer. If Dolson had some astronomical contract ready for Brad Stevens, make it work in the biggest cash cow of all!! Offer Deboer the moon and 🌟!

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
I don't know who they're going to hire but let's take the names off the jerseys again and play for Indiana pride.

I’d go with Jerry Kill- how about a coach who has shown skill in our conference?
He's probably the Hail Mary candidate... The guy can flat out coach..., but his health will always be a question mark to be dealt with on the recruiting trail...

Reactions: Indyhorn

DeBoer is a West Coast / Pacific Northwest guy. While he did spend some time in the Midwest as an assistant, his home base is out west. South Dakota, California and Washington state.

DeBoer is a West Coast / Pacific Northwest guy. While he did spend some time in the Midwest as an assistant, his home base is out west. South Dakota, California and Washington state.
First..., he's not coming back... 2nd, its closer to 50/50 if you can call SD part of the Midwest....

Poker
He's probably the Hail Mary candidate... The guy can flat out coach..., but his health will always be a question mark to be dealt with on the recruiting trail...
after hep, can't risk it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT