ADVERTISEMENT

Rebooting brings clarity

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Unplugging and plugging into current events puts issues into sharp focus.

• “Nobody is above the law” is a big lie.
  • DEI is a fraud and is only a means to purge conservatives from government, military, education, and commerce.
  • Public education is an abject failure in many places, and the means to fix it is being taken away.
  • Christians are systematically excluded from the First Amendment, unlike Muslims and Jews.
  • Attacking “root causes” is always kicking the can down the road and an obvious avoidance of solving problems in real time.
  • EV marketing and government support is a fraud.
  • The judiciary is the final branch of government to sink to dangerous uselessness with prestigious law schools leading the way..
  • “All of government” approach to social issues causes high incompetence in most areas where government expertise is necessary.
  • Democratic voters in blue cities explains Jim Jones and Jonestown.
  • Legacy media has become merely the newsletter for the government-business complex.
  • Wordle turning a four letter noun into a five letter adjective by adding a “Y” mentally lame.
Prove me wrong.

• DEI is a fraud and is only a means to purge conservatives from government, military, education, and commerce.
  • Public education is an abject failure in many places, and the means to fix it is being taken away.
  • Christians are systematically excluded from the First Amendment, unlike Muslims and Jews.
  • Attacking “root causes” is always kicking the can down the road and an obvious avoidance of solving problems in real time.
  • The judiciary is the final branch of government to sink to dangerous uselessness with prestigious law schools leading the way..
  • “All of government” approach to social issues causes high incompetence in most areas where government expertise is necessary.
  • Legacy media has become merely the newsletter for the government-business complex.
  • Wordle turning a four letter noun into a five letter adjective by adding a “Y” mentally lame.
Prove me wrong.
Glad you’re okay and back.

@Bulk VanderHuge you just got an assignment!!

68523077.jpg

Reactions: larsIU and Bill4411

Prove me wrong.
I’ll sort of prove you wrong on the judiciary part. The judge presiding over trump is an immigrant who went to one of the cuny schools then Hofstra law. Was a local prosecutor. That’s about as typical normal judge as it gets

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

Prove me wrong.
Always a ray of sunshine.

Always a ray of sunshine.
His epiphany was, "I'm right!"
So you unplugged, rebooted and ended up with the same conclusions you reached previous to your time in the darkness? I find that incredibly uninteresting.
I thought of posting my twerking video I’ve been working on, but Bud Light bought the rights to it.

So I decided to post about issues. Judging from you guys, i guess you would all be more stimulated and interested by my twerking video.

• Haha
I thought of posting my twerking video I’ve been working on, but Bud Light bought the rights to it.

So I decided to post about issues. Judging from you guys, i guess you would all be more stimulated and interested by my twerking video.
I know mcm666, Joe, Cray, DANC, IUC2, Farva, stoll, MTIOTF, and mohoosier (and a few others) would be very stimulated.

Reactions: cosmickid
Nobody is above the law” is a big lie.

I said in a thread tith spartan that it is true some have been above the law. Should it be that way? By throwing off kings, queens, princes, dukes, earls, I think our founders decidedly wanted no one above the law.

So how do we return to those days?

People often mention a retaliation move to investigate Biden the younger. Why is that retaliation? If he, and if the elder, broke the law they should be investigated.

If you want people to be above the law, say so clearly. Same if you do not. Spartan and I agreed they have been but should not be.

I said in a thread tith spartan that it is true some have been above the law. Should it be that way? By throwing off kings, queens, princes, dukes, earls, I think our founders decidedly wanted no one above the law.

People often mention a retaliation move to investigate Biden the younger. Why is that retaliation? If he, and if the elder, broke the law they should be investigated.

If you want people to be above the law, say so clearly. Same if you do not. Spartan and I agreed they have been but should not be.
The phrase nobody is above the law is stupid and dishonest for two reasons.

First, nobody argues otherwise. Saying “nobody is above the law” is simply a statement of advocacy for a a result already reached by the person making the statement.

Second, the law is chock full of privileges , immunities, ambiguities, discretion, loopholes and more. A prosecutor justifying an action by saying nobody is above the law is simply bootstrapping a choice that can go either way and would be legal either way. It’s the classic nothingburger. ,

The phrase nobody is above the law is stupid and dishonest for two reasons.

First, nobody argues otherwise. Saying “nobody is above the law” is simply a statement of advocacy for a a result already reached by the person making the statement.

Second, the law is chock full of privileges , immunities, ambiguities, discretion, loopholes and more. A prosecutor justifying an action by saying nobody is above the law is simply bootstrapping a choice that can go either way and would be legal either way. It’s the classic nothingburger. ,
I want to use the ordinary Joe standard. Now the people at my level would never run afoul of what Trump did, but the ordinary Joe in this case could be a mayor, aa governor, or a judge. Someone far down the chain from a president but maybe not as ordinary as me.

Would that person be charged? My take after hearing a lot of lawyers on tv talk is that ordinary Joe might get charged but it would be the misdemeanors and not the felony. Maybe he overcharged hoping to get a plea on the misdemeanor, I don't know. But it seems to fail the ordinary Joe test.

Some people want him found guilty simply because he is President Donald Trump, and that is wrong. Some people want him not charged for anything because he is President Donald Trump, that is also wrong. He is neither above nor beneath the law.

I want to use the ordinary Joe standard. Now the people at my level would never run afoul of what Trump did, but the ordinary Joe in this case could be a mayor, aa governor, or a judge. Someone far down the chain from a president but maybe not as ordinary as me.

Would that person be charged? My take after hearing a lot of lawyers on tv talk is that ordinary Joe might get charged but it would be the misdemeanors and not the felony. Maybe he overcharged hoping to get a plea on the misdemeanor, I don't know. But it seems to fail the ordinary Joe test.

Some people want him found guilty simply because he is President Donald Trump, and that is wrong. Some people want him not charged for anything because he is President Donald Trump, that is also wrong. He is neither above nor beneath the law.
But he might be targeted by the law. Would anyone have found this on Joe mayor

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
But he might be targeted by the law. Would anyone have found this on Joe mayor
Certainly celebrity increases risk of being seen.

MANY years ago I worked for the IRS. I had a phone call from a soon to be ex-wife. Her husband was leaving her but he hadn't bothered to take his real records. She had them in storage and wanted to turn them over to the IRS claiming there was a whole lot of money he kept hidden. Simply put, the IRS wouldn't be interested in the $12.53 cents I might be able to hide. But if someone mentions 7 digits, there is a lot more interest. I didn't work anything beyond taking the call so I have no idea what happened nor would I say if I did, but it illustrates how having money or being famous can shine an uncomfortably bright light.

My guess is ordinary Joe probably wouldn't be found out unless their aggrieved spouse turned them in. Even then, how much money is involved. No one is going after someone sending $50. But yes, if Joe did have someone report them for a large payoff and lying about it in records, or even more, on tax forms, someone would care. But they would only care to the misdemeanor level.

MANY years ago I worked for the IRS. I had a phone call from a soon to be ex-wife. Her husband was leaving her but he hadn't bothered to take his real records. She had them in storage and wanted to turn them over to the IRS claiming there was a whole lot of money he kept hidden. Simply put, the IRS wouldn't be interested in the $12.53 cents I might be able to hide. But if someone mentions 7 digits, there is a lot more interest. I didn't work anything beyond taking the call so I have no idea what happened nor would I say if I did, but it illustrates how having money or being famous can shine an uncomfortably bright light.

My guess is ordinary Joe probably wouldn't be found out unless their aggrieved spouse turned them in. Even then, how much money is involved. No one is going after someone sending $50. But yes, if Joe did have someone report them for a large payoff and lying about it in records, or even more, on tax forms, someone would care. But they would only care to the misdemeanor level.
My God these women

They’ll find it in third world countries in highly specialized products that appeal to a very specific market we can’t find

I guess I was a rube, I've been informed that soccer players are tye-dye wearing hippies and would never have enough money to stash. It was a prank call.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66

“Risk of being seen”.

Never ever, will average Joe be investigated with an electron microscope, for 20 yrs. Lmfao “risk of being seen”

“Risk of being seen”.

Never ever, will average Joe be investigated with an electron microscope, for 20 yrs. Lmfao “risk of being seen”

I thought that is what I said, I don't get why it seems so outlandish. If a person in the limelight picks their nose, someone will see it.

Because your Ho hum admonishments, so you can straddle the fence is like;

There was an accident today on Walnut street

pile up car GIF

I remember reading a quote from Valerie Bertinelli long ago about Lyndsay Lohan. Bertinelli said her and Eddie were stoned all the time, they just did it in their home and no one got embarrassing photos and stories.

It isn't impossible to avoid getting caught, but many seem to flaunt whatever they are doing. In the limelight if one doesn't try to hide it, they will get caught.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I remember reading a quote from Valerie Bertinelli long ago about Lyndsay Lohan. Bertinelli said her and Eddie were stoned all the time, they just did it in their home and no one got embarrassing photos and stories.

It isn't impossible to avoid getting caught, but many seem to flaunt whatever they are doing. In the limelight if one doesn't try to hide it, they will get caught.
Yeah, but when you're stoned at 3 AM, "Maybe I shouldn't run out for tacos, because someone might see me" isn't a thought that crosses your mind.

Yeah, but when you're stoned at 3 AM, "Maybe I shouldn't run out for tacos, because someone might see me" isn't a thought that crosses your mind.

Buddy of mine got a DUI around midnight in the drive through at Wendy's 1-1/2 blocks from his house. No, I am not exaggerating. One and a half blocks.

• Unplugging and plugging into current events puts issues into sharp focus.

Prove me wrong.
I was worried you had transitioned to a Democrat. @IU_Hickory claimed he spotted you at coffee shop with zeke reading “The Communist Manifesto”. I appreciate you coming out with guns blazing. I’m adding a bullet.

• Fiat currency is trash and Bitcoin is the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT