ADVERTISEMENT

Random musings

It’s still underwhelming Marv. Money can’t remedy the imbalance in a cycle when you’re competing against the legacy media AND Hollywood and its media reach. It’s really the abuse that at one time the fairness doctrine sought to address but today is just unfettered
Who is legacy media? ABC, NBC, CBS? I've got a big issue with everybody (both sides, without a doubt) blaming "the media".

We all get our news from wherever we want to get our news now, right?. I just have a hard time believing that Nightly News with Lester Holt is all that pervasive. And for every CNN or MSNBC, there is a Fox News, WSJ, etc. The media has to bend to society's will (bye bye cable packages, for example).

We all need to be better at understanding the difference between opinion and fact, and understand CNN or Fox or whoever may not mention something because it would turn off their viewers and therefore affect their bottom line. It's all about $$$$$$$$. Don't care if you are a lib or MAGA. $$$$$$ Rules the world.

One of my favorite words of wisdom from my dad was "You can trust your mother, and maybe your father. That's it."

And the Republicans have many billionaires with vast resources to help counter:

They have X and Truth, a huge grouping of online groups used by the Alt-Right, Joe Rogan, Sean Hannity, Carlson. There is a plethora of right-wing generals and colonels willing to appear at a moment's notice to talk about the dangers of the left, and itwould be stupid to assume they don't have active duty allies.

Why is Gen. Flynn attacking the left OK but not the other way around?

Rogan. Lol. You have never listened to him, have you? Maybe once?

Who is legacy media? ABC, NBC, CBS? I've got a big issue with everybody (both sides, without a doubt) blaming "the media".

We all get our news from wherever we want to get our news now, right?. I just have a hard time believing that Nightly News with Lester Holt is all that pervasive. And for every CNN or MSNBC, there is a Fox News, WSJ, etc. The media has to bend to society's will (bye bye cable packages, for example).

We all need to be better at understanding the difference between opinion and fact, and understand CNN or Fox or whoever may not mention something because it would turn off their viewers and therefore affect their bottom line. It's all about $$$$$$$$. Don't care if you are a lib or MAGA. $$$$$$ Rules the world.

One of my favorite words of wisdom from my dad was "You can trust your mother, and maybe your father. That's it."
The left slanted media overwhelms the right. It’s not even close. Hell it’s a liberal profession

Back out thiose viewers with confirmation bias

Reactions: DANC
We are finally at a point, where weather men are rejoicing. For the first time ever, they are more trusted than any reporter or (cough) journalist anywhere in the world. They are having parties, celebrating huge fame and are loved by all.

They have X and Truth, a huge grouping of online groups used by the Alt-Right, Joe Rogan, Sean Hannity, Carlson. There is a plethora of right-wing generals and colonels willing to appear at a moment's notice to talk about the dangers of the left, and itwould be stupid to assume they don't have active duty allies.

Whatever. You aren't going to be intellectually honest about this so I'm not going to bother. If you can't see the difference in what you posted and some of the things I posted, then I don't see the point in going forward.

This thread reminds me of Apollo Creed vs. Ivan Drago.

Apollcoh comes in dancing, all arrogant and confident, until he bumps gloves with Marivan, and realizes he is in deep shit.
Apollcoh's corner man (guess who that is in this thread) should have thrown in the towel, but it's too late.

BuFkH7.gif

It was never a fair fight.

You ever been to a 3rd world country? If you have then you’d realize how laughable the “3rd world conditions” phrase is
Dozens of them. Agree with Crazed, the gap is narrowing in a lot places.

I was in Manhattan this week for a work meeting. I went on a walk between meeting end and dinner around Gramercy, Union Square with some overseas colleagues. They were appalled by the scene. They’ve been coming here for as long as they could remember and it was the first time they’ve ever felt nervous. It even took me reassuring them all would be fine for them to continue. They wanted to retreat to the hotel.

The left slanted media overwhelms the right. It’s not even close. Hell it’s a liberal profession

Back out thiose with confirmation bias
Ha, definitely more of a liberal profession. I guess that's why it's called Liberal Arts.

I do wonder.... how many people in a given day, who are genuinely a-political, turn on Fox or CNN and actually have their opinions, theories, policy ideas, etc CHANGED. I can only guess that 98% of that audience is reinforcing that confirmation bias you allude to.

Ha, definitely more of a liberal profession. I guess that's why it's called Liberal Arts.

I do wonder.... how many people in a given day, who are genuinely a-political, turn on Fox or CNN and actually have their opinions, theories, policy ideas, etc CHANGED. I can only guess that 98% of that audience is reinforcing that confirmation bias you allude to.
NYT Wash post yahoo all the online shit too.

I was in Manhattan this week for a work meeting. I went on a walk between meeting end and dinner around Gramercy, Union Square with some overseas colleagues. They were appalled by the scene. They’ve been coming here for as long as they could remember and it was the first time they’ve ever felt nervous. It even took me reassuring them all would be fine for them to continue. They wanted to retreat to the hotel.
Only liberals could ruin New York. Don't worry, if you bring them to Auburn, they'll be protected and feel safe. @Joe_Hoopsier is in charge of security.

I agree the GOP has resources and is starting to catch up to the Democrats (at least I hope they are). This is the first Presidential election that X is not controlled by left wing activists. They were censoring Hunter's laptop information and wouldn't even allow the NY Post on their platform in 2020. If Trump wins it will be because X is controlled by Elon.

Independence.

I was thinking about the gist of this when I ran across this add that sums up my thoughts about this election.

https://instapundit.com/669725/

We begin with the fact that just a few months ago, Harris was the least popular VP in history and there was serious talk urging Biden to dump her. Prior to that, she couldn’t even manage to get out of the starting gate in the 2020 Democratic primary. Now she will likely be the next president.

How did this happen?

We saw it in real time.

This election is not Trump v. Harris. It’s The System on the one hand, and the people on the other. The System is big government, big media, social media, big tech, big education, big NGO, and big corporate all working in simpatico. Not too long ago, these institutions operated as a self correcting check and balance. Now there isn’t. We have policy without meaningful review or accountability. Thus we have an impossible fiscal situation, third world conditions, bad education for those who need good education the most, violence, drugs, and the rest. There is no other reasonable explanation for the meteoric rise of Kamala in just a couple of months other than The System pushing her. She hasn’t changed. The System changed our view of her.

On the other hand we have Trump. He certainly has baggage. But he also has a striking number of positive policy initiatives that ought to be important, but aren’t. He has a self- destructive behavior pattern. But more importantly, The System exploits, exaggerates, and even lies about him, leaving The System’s chosen candidate without an effective opponent.

I like independence. I wish we had a different champion than Trump. But we don’t. Kamala is too high of a price to let The System in.

Watch the Matrix. Are we living the prequel?

CoH, my chief thought about this election is how joyful it will be when it's over no matter who wins.

The sad part being the rancor, unlike many years ago, never ends. The losers just get angrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: dr.jb
CoH, my chief thought about this election is how joyful it will be when it's over no matter who wins.

The sad part being the rancor, unlike many years ago, never ends. The losers just get angrier.
No doom and gloom hoot. This is THE best two months of the year coming up. Football in full swing this weekend. Soccer off and running. Fall beers. Pumpkin season. Halloween the best holiday of all. Scare fest!! SKANK FEST!!!! This is our time hoot.

I described the system

Stop with that boogie man hogwash. That’s you, not me. Note is there a bizarre cabal.

There is only group think, conformity, and peer pressure. There is a reason why “influencers” is now a common word. It’s because there are millions of mush-brains to be influenced.

I can’t explain it better than the video I posted.

You explained it all, "The System on the one hand, and the people on the other." Since I am not in any way ever going to vote for Trump, I'm not an individual but part of "The System". And yes, you certainly do imply that to be the bogie man. Individuals are clearly single brave people standing up to the corrupt "system".

It is the heart of every conspiracy theory, conceit. The idea the believer is smarter than everyone else, they have figured out the Matrix (recall you called it that in the other thread). So the brave individuals standing up to the system have beaten their considerable powers, they are brave, smart, determined. People like me, we've fallen for the system, nothing more than dupes of the system.

Yes, you aren't brave enough to admit that is what you are saying be the words clearly shout it from the mountaintop. If I were as smart as you, I wouldn't be voting "system".

Trump has his role but let's be real, there is a "system" and that "system" is definitely aligned against him to the point where they are willing to put their thumb on the scale.

That stuff isn't conspiracy.

ETA:

The "system" had done this to the post on this story they were right about.

Conspiracy theories abound when you give people reason to believe things are not on the up and up and then have actual proof that they are not spill out to the public.

All of this stuff was conspiracy theory until it wasn't.

"Their thumb on the scale"? More like their whole ass.

I have some sympathy for the general point he's making.

But the tragedy is that the folks going up against "the system" have to do so with Donald Trump as their standard-bearer.

He was the only one willing to do it. Anyone taking it on risks his/her reputation, earning ability, their family life, and even their physical freedom. As pos Chuck Schumer said about one part of that system: "You take on the intelligence agencies, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you". It's unfortunate that someone who is not a better person than Donald Trump has not been willing to do it, but its understandable.

You explained it all, "The System on the one hand, and the people on the other." Since I am not in any way ever going to vote for Trump, I'm not an individual but part of "The System". And yes, you certainly do imply that to be the bogie man. Individuals are clearly single brave people standing up to the corrupt "system".

It is the heart of every conspiracy theory, conceit. The idea the believer is smarter than everyone else, they have figured out the Matrix (recall you called it that in the other thread). So the brave individuals standing up to the system have beaten their considerable powers, they are brave, smart, determined. People like me, we've fallen for the system, nothing more than dupes of the system.

Yes, you aren't brave enough to admit that is what you are saying be the words clearly shout it from the mountaintop. If I were as smart as you, I wouldn't be voting "system".

You're not part of the system, just a useful idiot.

Independence.

I was thinking about the gist of this when I ran across this add that sums up my thoughts about this election.

https://instapundit.com/669725/

We begin with the fact that just a few months ago, Harris was the least popular VP in history and there was serious talk urging Biden to dump her. Prior to that, she couldn’t even manage to get out of the starting gate in the 2020 Democratic primary. Now she will likely be the next president.

How did this happen?

We saw it in real time.

This election is not Trump v. Harris. It’s The System on the one hand, and the people on the other. The System is big government, big media, social media, big tech, big education, big NGO, and big corporate all working in simpatico. Not too long ago, these institutions operated as a self correcting check and balance. Now there isn’t. We have policy without meaningful review or accountability. Thus we have an impossible fiscal situation, third world conditions, bad education for those who need good education the most, violence, drugs, and the rest. There is no other reasonable explanation for the meteoric rise of Kamala in just a couple of months other than The System pushing her. She hasn’t changed. The System changed our view of her.

On the other hand we have Trump. He certainly has baggage. But he also has a striking number of positive policy initiatives that ought to be important, but aren’t. He has a self- destructive behavior pattern. But more importantly, The System exploits, exaggerates, and even lies about him, leaving The System’s chosen candidate without an effective opponent.

I like independence. I wish we had a different champion than Trump. But we don’t. Kamala is too high of a price to let The System in.

Watch the Matrix. Are we living the prequel?

"Big education" is the biggest piece of the puzzle. When you listen to the lightweight presidents of some of our most famous Ivy League Us....its the source of the problem. It affects social media, corporations, government at all levels....

"Big education" is the biggest piece of the puzzle. When you listen to the lightweight presidents of some of our most famous Ivy League Us....its the source of the problem. It affects social media, corporations, government at all levels....
As reading and math scores fall the Democrats political power grows. A well read populous with a command of data doesn’t vote Democrat.

It’s the feature not the bug.

Funny, that’s exactly what your favored candidate thinks about you and his devoted base - those with TDS (Trump Devotion Syndrome).
That's hilarious. We all know that he isn't for you, but for many of us, he is the ONLY ONE that is voicing our grievances and the only one, out of the last 75+ yrs that seems to mean it. Although a really big ole meanie, The pussies before him, kept digging a hole with bigger and bigger drag lines, for everyone of us. Some think that is ok (like $35 trillion ok, another $1trill ever 100 days), we don't.
Bring on all of your "but I'm a pub" stuff, that is cool. That just proves that many of us didn't leave the pub party... The pub party is on it's knees, under the Dem's desk and they both get along REALLY REALLY kamala well.
You have your views, and they are what got us to where we are. And that is your right.

If it is so imbalanced, how did he win in 16 and come within a few thousand of winning in 20 and is virtually tied in 24?

Largely when polling is done on issues, Democrats win. Given that and all the media and all of Hollywood, and all of academia, and all the covert operatives, how do they not win?

Here are some examples from KFF. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, ACA, all very popular.

Polling that a majority want to prioritize wind and solar, and believe AGW is a serious threat:

Democrats were unable to pass more money for childcare, but Rs refused to back it at all. Yet polling has it as popular:

Most U.S. adults believe the federal government should be investing more in childcare programs – more than 7x the share who say there should be less investment (51% vs. 7%).​

the only explanation, there is some vast right-wing conspiracy behind the scenes propping up the Republican Party.

People like free shit. Thanks for the info Sherlock.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That's hilarious. We all know that he isn't for you, but for many of us, he is the ONLY ONE that is voicing our grievances and the only one, out of the last 75+ yrs that seems to mean it. Although a really big ole meanie, The pussies before him, kept digging a hole with bigger and bigger drag lines, for everyone of us. Some think that is ok (like $35 trillion ok, another $1trill ever 100 days), we don't.
Bring on all of your "but I'm a pub" stuff, that is cool. That just proves that many of us didn't leave the pub party... The pub party is on it's knees, under the Dem's desk and they both get along REALLY REALLY kamala well.
You have your views, and they are what got us to where we are. And that is your right.
You got a really bad case of TDS.

• Sad
Only liberals could ruin New York. Don't worry, if you bring them to Auburn, they'll be protected and feel safe. @Joe_Hoopsier is in charge of security.

The Leftists on this board have their heads in the sand (or elsewhere).

Liberals ran NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, LA et al for decades. They were corrupt, but they had common sense. They wouldn't let people set up homeless camps in public parks. They wouldn't let normal people be brutalized by gangs (at least unless & until they were paid off). The corruption was always a bad thing, but the craziness of the New Left can't be sustained if this country is to remain 1st world.

Again the most frustrating aspect of the right wing machine for me is for as high level intellectuals their influencers claim that they are....they've gone all in on fear mongering, grievance whining instead of identifying and communicating an inspirational message in and for this era.

Secondly there are obvious stances that are not popularly accepted which means two things....either develop a clear, concise, sensible and inspiring solution or back off of those stances that you know are campaign losers particularly if you can't come up with effective messaging.

The best executives that I've worked with were high level communicators and problem solvers which is why they rarely under performed regardless what barriers they had to overcome.

The worst executive leaders that nearly everyone disliked, no one wanted to work with them, no one rooted for them to succeed and who failed massively and imoloded when an issue came about had similar defense mechanisms with what I see the hardcore right has kind of always had in my lifetime but especially recently and especially with Trump's style of leadership and rhetoric.

The core being whine, complain, and focus on scapegoating for excuse making seems to be more important that inspirational problem solving.

All I've been waiting for is identify a real, common agreed barrier that needs solving and develop a creative, intelligent and inspiring solution for that.

Say what you want about Dem stances, particularly the extreme left ones but ...at least they explain the issue and offer solutions with a goal to benefit everyone and make our society better, safer and happier which will impact crime rates instead of rounding up immigrant wanderer's and homeless people and throwing them into the ocean because they are said and fear mongered to be nothing more than bugs and vermin critters that need eradicated.

We're proudly a collective that rejects that which is why I'd suggest that the right wing movement offer more reasonable and humanitarian solutions that are inspirational vs 4chan level internet wars which commonly comes down to believing violent solutions for the supposed victims of the scapegoat.

I mean if you want to understand why Obama rose the way he did ...it was because he could explain situations and inspire believable reactions that were delivered in good nature at the mass level.

This isn't a competitive football or basketball game. To win you need to inspire both IU fans and Purdue fans. Or at least succinctly explain why your 'solution' to whatever will impact everyone positively.

Until Republicans find a leader that can do that....I'm out and I believe millions of others are also.

They probably all have iPhones in Manhattan though. Nobody in rural Nicaragua has a smart phone

• Sad
Again the most frustrating aspect of the right wing machine for me is for as high level intellectuals their influencers claim that they are....they've gone all in on fear mongering, grievance whining instead of identifying and communicating an inspirational message in and for this era.

Secondly there are obvious stances that are not popularly accepted which means two things....either develop a clear, concise, sensible and inspiring solution or back off of those stances that you know are campaign losers particularly if you can't come up with effective messaging.

The best executives that I've worked with were high level communicators and problem solvers which is why they rarely under performed regardless what barriers they had to overcome.

The worst executive leaders that nearly everyone disliked, no one wanted to work with them, no one rooted for them to succeed and who failed massively and imoloded when an issue came about had similar defense mechanisms with what I see the hardcore right has kind of always had in my lifetime but especially recently and especially with Trump's style of leadership and rhetoric.

The core being whine, complain, and focus on scapegoating for excuse making seems to be more important that inspirational problem solving.

All I've been waiting for is identify a real, common agreed barrier that needs solving and develop a creative, intelligent and inspiring solution for that.

Say what you want about Dem stances, particularly the extreme left ones but ...at least they explain the issue and offer solutions with a goal to benefit everyone and make our society better, safer and happier which will impact crime rates instead of rounding up immigrant wanderer's and homeless people and throwing them into the ocean because they are said and fear mongered to be nothing more than bugs and vermin critters that need eradicated.

We're proudly a collective that rejects that which is why I'd suggest that the right wing movement offer more reasonable and humanitarian solutions that are inspirational vs 4chan level internet wars which commonly comes down to believing violent solutions for the supposed victims of the scapegoat.

I mean if you want to understand why Obama rose the way he did ...it was because he could explain situations and inspire believable reactions that were delivered in good nature at the mass level.

This isn't a competitive football or basketball game. To win you need to inspire both IU fans and Purdue fans. Or at least succinctly explain why your 'solution' to whatever will impact everyone positively.

Until Republicans find a leader that can do that....I'm out and I believe millions of others are also.
Sigh. You hear what you want. I don't find much positive about the Democrat's message nor their outcomes.

For the most part Leftists/Dems love politics. Winning elections is the only they're good at. That and being grifters.
Thus the career politicians like Kam and Tampon Tim. They don't believe their bullshit either but governing isn't the name of the game.
Only winning the election. Conservatives/Republicans put up with politics and politicians and would like to be rid of them if they wouldn't steal everything but the kitchen sink if you turn your back on them.

Lets do a little test here......what are the "inspiring solutions" of which you speak, that have been forth by the Harris/Walz team? What plans, specifically, have they put forth that will make society better, safer, and happier? Abort baby abort? If need be, you can study Kam's answer to the question of what Harris plans to do on her 1st day in office for inspiration.

Marv is not an idiot.
But he does play one sometimes in D&D. I think all of the Left shenanigans of the last 4+ yrs are starting to wear him down, to where he has not choice but to admit it all. And he if fighting the truth VERY VERY hard. That means his world will all crumble, since he (and many others) have been burrying their heads).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT