ADVERTISEMENT

Racisist Braves fans chant.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
I am absolutely appalled as the Atlanta fans cant an Indian cheer. It makes me want to vote a straight Democratic ticket. Thankful that Illinois did away with the chief..

Reactions: MonroeCity
I will see your five and raise you the fall midterms. You know what I am talking about.

When you say "midterms" I assume you mean Senate, right? It's likely the Pubs hang on to the Senate, since the GOP base in RED states (where the Senate is being fought) are mobilized over Kavanaugh...

However, if you accept that Kavanaugh is a positive for Senate Pubs, you have to also realize that it is a HUGE negative for moderate, anti-Trump Pubs who are trying to hold on to seats in Districts where the only reason they have a shot is they are running as anti-Trump Pubs. Those Pubs NEED votes from Dems and Independents, which they were clinging to prior to Kavanaugh.

But Kavanaugh brought out the tribal instincts in BOTH Dems and Pubs. So people in districts where Trump is unpopular who might have been willing to give individual Pubs credit for "standing up to Trump" are going to be a lot less willing to vote for a pseudo moderate anti -Trump voice. A lot of the voters in these contested districts voted for split government in 2016 (HRC and a moderate Pub), but they don't like Trump. There are about 56 House districts viewed as contests, and all but 5 are currently held by the GOP...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/special-report-trump-trap-republicans-duck-president-key-100810483.html

When you say "midterms" I assume you mean Senate, right? It's likely the Pubs hang on to the Senate, since the GOP base in RED states (where the Senate is being fought) are mobilized over Kavanaugh...

However, if you accept that Kavanaugh is a positive for Senate Pubs, you have to also realize that it is a HUGE negative for moderate, anti-Trump Pubs who are trying to hold on to seats in Districts where the only reason they have a shot is they are running as anti-Trump Pubs. Those Pubs NEED votes from Dems and Independents, which they were clinging to prior to Kavanaugh.

But Kavanaugh brought out the tribal instincts in BOTH Dems and Pubs. So people in districts where Trump is unpopular who might have been willing to give individual Pubs credit for "standing up to Trump" are going to be a lot less willing to vote for a pseudo moderate anti -Trump voice. A lot of the voters in these contested districts voted for split government in 2016 (HRC and a moderate Pub), but they don't like Trump. There are about 56 House districts viewed as contests, and all but 5 are currently held by the GOP...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/special-report-trump-trap-republicans-duck-president-key-100810483.html
No I mean that Americans are not going to vote for the left as it continues to move left.

Reactions: 76-1
The Braves chant is just a poor parody of the FSU "war chant". When FSU alum Deion Sanders played for the Braves, he brought it with him.

Now what makes the FSU chant interesting is that FSU works closely with the actual Seminole tribes for permission on all maters related to Chief Osceola...thus the chant basically has the ok from the native tribe.

That has made for some interesting protests outside Doak Campbell Stadium on gameday...white, SJW-types protesting the "appropriation" of Seninole heritage being confronted by ACTUAL Seminole tribe reps asking, in short, "WTF are you protesting"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT