ADVERTISEMENT

Question for mods

Seems like your “panties are in a bunch” over something that is not funny in the least.

From now on I’m going to call Trump “Donald Mishroom Head, Yeti Pubes, Rapist, 34 Time Convicted Felon, 7 time flier on Epstein’s Lolita Express, Seríal Philanderer. 5 Time Draft Dodger, Sociopath, Pathological Liar, Dictator Worshiper, Trump”
So you'll basically say stuff that people have been able to say about him since 2016? Oh no, whatever will we do?

She isn't a whore. She is just a woman who factually slept with a well connected politician who has admitted all over the place that he appointed her to jobs because of it.

Call that whatever you want, but it is a fact.
And outside of a thread about politicians' sex lives, so what? Why the need to constantly refer to her as heels up Harris in threads that have nothing to do with sex? It's juvenile, and if it bothers you when someone asks you to stop it, you don't belong in grown up conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
And outside of a thread about politicians' sex lives, so what? Why the need to constantly refer to her as heels up Harris in threads that have nothing to do with sex? It's juvenile, and if it bothers you when someone asks you to stop it, you don't belong in grown up conversation.
I have only gone there in threads like this complaining about it because A)I don't find it an effective argument (because there are double standards around these lines of attack around liberal women) and B)I think the white knighting around this by folks like Mark is equally stupid.

You can say, "Don't call Kamala a whore" and it won't impact me because I never have. It would just be nice that if we are going to have this standard of civility up for liberal women, that we at least see the same for women who are not. Or for men that aren't on team "D" as well. Trump gets called all sorts of stupid shit on the regular. We can go back to Sarah Palin, Lauren Boebert, the blonde one who acts dumb whose name is escaping me at the moment...and they have sexual innuendos and inappropriate comments kicked their way quite often when brought up. If the standard is to be more high brow. Cool. No complaints from me. That isn't the standard though. So even though this is a low brow attack, it is something that factually happened and it should be allowed to be mocked in much the same way people were allowed to mock Boebert for her theater behavior.

You all set the standard on this already.

So you'll basically say stuff that people have been able to say about him since 2016? Oh no, whatever will we do?
Or things that people have been saying about Harris since 1994? Makes sense!

• Haha
Speaking of childish moderation efforts, is using Obama’s middle name still banned?

Misogyny is misogyny too. No way a woman could care for an older man, she's a whore, sure is that if one has absolutely no inside knowledge. And one thing I am sure of, no one on here knows crap

Though it is true, getting appointed to the California Medical Assistance Commission is a virtuL guarantee for the presidency. It is the most sought after position in the country. I here Elon Musk is trying to get appointed to such a critical position, second only to the presidency in power, which he cannot have. Though we should offer such a valuable job to Putin if he agrees to withdraw from Ukraine. It is a job people would do anything for, right?

I don't know why she was with Brown, I don't know why Melania is with Trump. Without KNOWING I feel no damn good reason to speculate. But maybe I am not misogynistic enough. Or I don't vehemently hate older people enough.
Damn right Marv.

Who is to say when I’m 60 I can’t land a 30 year old smoke show because of me and not money?!

It’s going to happen!

Damn right Marv.

Who is to say when I’m 60 I can’t land a 30 year old smoke show because of me and not money?!

It’s going to happen!
Exactly. Willie brown is and was an extremely handsome man as well.

kamala-harris-30-willie-brown-85364374_721d25.jpg

Misogyny is misogyny too. No way a woman could care for an older man, she's a whore, sure is that if one has absolutely no inside knowledge. And one thing I am sure of, no one on here knows crap

Though it is true, getting appointed to the California Medical Assistance Commission is a virtuL guarantee for the presidency. It is the most sought after position in the country. I here Elon Musk is trying to get appointed to such a critical position, second only to the presidency in power, which he cannot have. Though we should offer such a valuable job to Putin if he agrees to withdraw from Ukraine. It is a job people would do anything for, right?

I don't know why she was with Brown, I don't know why Melania is with Trump. Without KNOWING I feel no damn good reason to speculate. But maybe I am not misogynistic enough. Or I don't vehemently hate older people enough.
Also, great run down.

But can we all admit that a 30 year old (5-8 years out of law school) who can’t land that “plum” position on her own, and needs help from her boyfriend to get low level political positions, just might not be the brilliant lawyer she’s being portrayed as?

Damn right Marv.

It’s going to happen!

If you have the power to appoint to the California Medical Assistance Commission, obviously. It seems every conservative here would sleep with Brown for that job.

Reactions: BradStevens
Curry came up huge the last two games. I can’t help but worry about four years from now though when Curry, Durant and LeBron are old men or retired and Wemby is the best player in the world.
TJD will be leading Team USA at that point. Nothing to worry about.

Exactly. Willie brown is and was an extremely handsome man as well.

kamala-harris-30-willie-brown-85364374_721d25.jpg
This whole line of attack is stupid and really paints Republicans as low down if they continue it. So, please do. I mean, did she "sleep her way to the top?". The answer is quite clearly no b/c YOU DON'T ****ING BECOME A SENATOR OF THE LARGEST STATE IN THE UNION WITHOUT BEING COMPETENT.

Did she take advantage of certain charms possessed by younger women navigating the halls of older men? Damn right she did.

I mean, is anybody at all shocked Donald Trump tried to get his wick wet in any woman he could while he was a king of real estate in New York in the 80's and 90's? IF you are, you're naive and should no longer be allowed to comment here.

My God, we pretend like high powered people don't have the same faults we do. ****ing pedastels we put these people on. I don't recall ever being upset or shocked by Trump's actions b/c they don't surprise me at all. If Kamala leveraged a relationship with Willie Brown to become a prosecuter (and a damn good one at that), well.......that might have been part of being a cut throat woman in the 90's. Honestly says more about society that Willie needed that extra kick to put a qualified woman in the job.

Can we please just imagine all of our politicians with their their clothes on and argue their policy positions. Lord have mercy we are a pearl clutching group aren't we?

Also, great run down.

But can we all admit that a 30 year old (5-8 years out of law school) who can’t land that “plum” position on her own, and needs help from her boyfriend to get low level political positions, just might not be the brilliant lawyer she’s being portrayed as?

No one running for office is a brilliant lawyer. No one running for office is going to admit that. But if they were a brilliant lawyer, the pay of a congressman/senator/president would be prohibitively low.

So certainly I believe she wasn't a brilliant lawyer. I doubt any politician's story about how great they are.

This whole line of attack is stupid and really paints Republicans as low down if they continue it. So, please do. I mean, did she "sleep her way to the top?". The answer is quite clearly no b/c YOU DON'T ****ING BECOME A SENATOR OF THE LARGEST STATE IN THE UNION WITHOUT BEING COMPETENT.

Did she take advantage of certain charms possessed by younger women navigating the halls of older men? Damn right she did.

I mean, is anybody at all shocked Donald Trump tried to get his wick wet in any woman he could while he was a king of real estate in New York in the 80's and 90's? IF you are, you're naive and should no longer be allowed to comment here.

My God, we pretend like high powered people don't have the same faults we do. ****ing pedastels we put these people on. I don't recall ever being upset or shocked by Trump's actions b/c they don't surprise me at all. If Kamala leveraged a relationship with Willie Brown to become a prosecuter (and a damn good one at that), well.......that might have been part of being a cut throat woman in the 90's. Honestly says more about society that Willie needed that extra kick to put a qualified woman in the job.

Can we please just imagine all of our politicians with their their clothes on and argue their policy positions. Lord have mercy we are a pearl clutching group aren't we?
The only thing I take issue with is the competency part. Calif is uniquely bad and I don’t know why. Feinstein clearly was lost and elected. I don’t think Harris is competent in the least. I think she’s pretty dumb and good at elections that are uniquely calif.

Sex up I don’t care a bit about

The only thing I take issue with is the competency part. Calif is uniquely bad and I don’t know why. Feinstein clearly was lost and elected. I don’t think Harris is competent in the least. I think she’s pretty dumb and good at elections that are uniquely calif.

Youay not care, but you know the people running with it believe it is the greatest insult ever. 3rd grade insult chaps they are

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Youay not care, but you know the people running with it believe it is the greatest insult ever. 3rd grade insult chaps they are
Yes but it’s who we are. If Harris was white she wouldn’t have had the political career she has had. She trades on race in part. Intellect certainly wouldn’t have done it alone.

Reactions: jet812

We can imagine regarding Kamala but we dare not say it. 😂

I think she's a poor communicator. But she created a path for herself that ended with her as a US Senator and VP. Hell, she might end up president.

Do I think she's proud of every decision she made? No. Who is? Did she take a "shortcut?" Possibly. Maybe b/c she felt she had to? This was a the 90's and sexism was still very much a thing. Do we remember what people thought of Hillary and her idea of what a First Lady should be versus what had been before? They all but told her to wear a dress and roll the ****ing Easter eggs.

As to your last point, how is voluntary celibacy treating you these days? Gotta be the longest run since your teenage years, right? Grin.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No one running for office is a brilliant lawyer. No one running for office is going to admit that. But if they were a brilliant lawyer, the pay of a congressman/senator/president would be prohibitively low.

So certainly I believe she wasn't a brilliant lawyer. I doubt any politician's story about how great they are.
@BradStevens as an addendum, we won't elect someone humble except in movies. I would love for a candidate to say, "I don't have all the answers, but I am a good listener. I will listen to the debate and make the best decision I can. I cannot guarantee I won't make mistakes. But in making decisions, here are the things I will prioritize. .... ."

But we want people who say, "I know everything, and the following plan will work to perfection ... ."

Reactions: BradStevens
Yes but it’s who we are. If Harris was white she wouldn’t have had the political career she has had. She trades on race in part. Intellect certainly wouldn’t have done it alone.
Do you think Trump would be a wealthy ex-president if he were Black?

And it does go to character Marv. Same as trump’s to a degree. That’s just stuff I don’t care about.
I think she's a poor communicator. But she created a path for herself that ended with her as a US Senator and VP. Hell, she might end up president.

Do I think she's proud of every decision she made? No. Who is? Did she take a "shortcut?" Possibly. Maybe b/c she felt she had to? This was a the 90's and sexism was still very much a thing. Do we remember what people thought of Hillary and her idea of what a First Lady should be versus what had been before? They all but told her to wear a dress and roll the ****ing Easter eggs.

As to your last point, how is voluntary celibacy treating you these days? Gotta be the longest run since your teenage years, right? Grin.
Honestly it’s wonderful. Drama free and content. Going to so fla week after next with ten buddies from college. No grief. Life is incredibly good with one caveat. I just finished ten straight days with the kids bc of end of summer no school or camp and shit and I feel like a truck hit me today. That shit is not easy solo with kids this age

Suit yourself but I try to stay within my own Overton window for women.

And, she's in it. Along with MTG. AOC is too young. Boebert disqualifies herself as too trashy, even for me.
Interesting

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU

No, she is up for President right now because she met the right color/gender characteristics to be picked as #2 in 2020. When she ran on her own merits for this job she got curb stomped in the primary.

No, she is up for President right now because she met the right color/gender characteristics to be picked as #2 in 2020. When she ran on her own merits for this job she got curb stomped in the primary.
This glow up of her is odd. I don’t care if she was slutty. I like that. But that she’s suddenly not the terrible candidate she was in 2020 and the god awful clueless vp she has been is asking us to have amnesia

No, she is up for President right now because she met the right color/gender characteristics to be picked as #2 in 2020
What should she have said? No? Hahahahahahahaha. Also, this attack is utter bullshit without also mentioning that she was a sitting US senator from the largest state in the country and 5th or 6th largest entity by GDP in the world. If she wasn't in a position to take advantage of her situation she wouldn't have been able to take advantage of her situation.

This is like when people used to call Bush "dumb". No he wasn't. Not at all. It's just lazy b/c they don't agree with that person's policies or how they communicate. In fact, I liken Harris to Bush quite a bit in that regard. Both are terrible communicators. Doesn't make them stupid. And based on Harris' ability to be calculating I'd venture she is actually quite bright.

When she ran on her own merits for this job she got curb stomped in the primary.
So did DeSantis but nearly every pub here is willing to bend the knee to him as a super smart, well deserving candidate. Ramaswamy as well.

I have heard this said of Harris. Do a lot of people know about how she got her start by sleeping with Willie Brown? If the press tries to squelch this story then I believe this is an attack on our democracy because we are not getting all the info on a person. I didn't have a problem when that audio recording came out about Trump who said vulgar things to Billy Bus. And no, Trump was not advocating accosting unwilling participants. He was talking about the kind of women who let guys grab on them. Again, it was right for us to know that about Trump so we can make decisions. Harris, getting her place in politics by sleeping her way to it is a story worthy to know.
It's karmic irony that Harris is the type of woman Trump was talking about with his 'grabbing' comment.

What should she have said? No? Hahahahahahahaha. Also, this attack is utter bullshit without also mentioning that she was a sitting US senator from the largest state in the country and 5th or 6th largest entity by GDP in the world. If she wasn't in a position to take advantage of her situation she wouldn't have been able to take advantage of her situation.

This is like when people used to call Bush "dumb". No he wasn't. Not at all. It's just lazy b/c they don't agree with that person's policies or how they communicate. In fact, I liken Harris to Bush quite a bit in that regard. Both are terrible communicators. Doesn't make them stupid. And based on Harris' ability to be calculating I'd venture she is actually quite bright.

So did DeSantis but nearly every pub here is willing to bend the knee to him as a super smart, well deserving candidate. Ramaswamy as well.
The public voted bush in. The public has never voted Harris in. When they had a chance they wanted nothing to do with her

Well it's a 25+ year old story that was reported on quite a bit in San Francisco when she ran for her first political office....

Doesn't take very long to find it

Not quite the same as making it the lead story and front page news when Trump's pussy-grabbing comment (done years before) came out during his election campaign, is it?

The public voted bush in. The public has never voted Harris in. When they had a chance they wanted nothing to do with her
Then why do people around here slob DeSantis' knob? By rights his career should be as dead as people wnat Harris' to be. Also, in case you didn't hear, big election coming up in a few months.

Seems like your “panties are in a bunch” over something that is not funny in the least.

From now on I’m going to call Trump “Donald Mishroom Head, Yeti Pubes, Rapist, 34 Time Convicted Felon, 7 time flier on Epstein’s Lolita Express, Seríal Philanderer. 5 Time Draft Dodger, Sociopath, Pathological Liar, Dictator Worshiper, Trump”
Why would that be any different than what Trump's called every day here?

Reactions: stollcpa
Then why do people around here slob DeSantis' knob? By rights his career should be as dead as people wnat Harris' to be. Also, in case you didn't hear, big election coming up in a few months.
The big election is of a different dynamic. It’s amongst Dems that mattered. Primaries. D is all that matters in the big election As for Desantis he gets lauded bc he is clearly much brighter than Harris. Our own eyes and ears and academics and bar etc. what’s more he has been a successful gov. He just ran into trump and people liked his presidency.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
Because he's actually a good public servant who runs a state where people are flocking to (sorry for ending in a preposition)?

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT