ADVERTISEMENT

Proof that Devin Nunes is completely full of chit

wiede

All-American
Sep 25, 2001
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/politics/devin-nunes-carter-page-fisa/index.html

Apparently he hasn’t bothered to even read the recently released Carter Paige FISA application. Even though he cheerleader for it, and it was something that shouldn’t have been released publicly. A really dangerous precedent.

Also note the following:

A) Nunes’s “midnight Uber run” to get documents from the White House early in the administration- to back up an assertion about unmasking that he didn’t have any type of evidence before he got the documents/intelligence reports from the White House

B) his oversight of the house “intelligence” committee (a total joke). A historically non partisan committee focused on national security issues was turned into an absolute circus

C) his closing of their investigation without even trying to talk to many Key witnesses and releasing of a completely bogus final report (that was based on false assertions & he admitted that he didn’t even read the underlying intelligence documents, even though he was one of the folks that had access to it). Even when witnesses were interviewed for was often done at odd times and without pursuing obvious lines of questioning

D) his continued attempts at attacking the intelligence community, in an effort to try to delegitimize/shut down the Mueller probe

E) he allegedly recused himself, yet issued subpoenas and directed the pubs efforts on the committee

F) his continued attack on the Mueller probe and anyone connected to it, effectively turning the intelligence committee into a blindly partisan arm of team Trump

G) his really shoddy and dishonest “expose” a while back, that was completely refuted by the dem’s rebuttal

H) threatening to impeach Rosenstein, who is effectively in charge of overseeing the smellier probe. He effectively tried to strong arm the DOJ into doing what he wanted them to do

In short, the man has demonstrated that he is a complete partisan hack. He has only been intent on protecting team Trump at all costs, and turned a historically bipartisan committee that is charged with protecting our nation’s security/safety into a completely broken shell of itself.

History isn’t going to view him kindly. He’s the worst (best?) example of pure tribalism that I’ve seen- and that’s saying a lot, given everything that’s happened since November 2016.

His charge against the Mueller probe is reminiscent of the multiple Benghazi! probes. Only it was even more blindly partisan, yielded less of a return in terms of accusations proven/questions answered and destroyed the house intelligence committee in the process- all while denigrating our national intelligence agencies.

The man has done some serious damage to our country, and the sad part is that I’d bet he’s not done yet.

Would anyone here like to offer a counter viewpoint? I’m legitimately curious as to how anyone could find this guy even remotely credible.

The man has done some serious damage to our country, and the sad part is that I’d bet he’s not done yet.

Would anyone here like to offer a counter viewpoint? I’m legitimately curious as to how anyone could find this guy even remotely credible.
He only did what he was allowed to do by Ryan.

Reactions: larsIU

Apparently he hasn’t bothered to even read the recently released Carter Paige FISA application. Even though he cheerleader for it, and it was something that shouldn’t have been released publicly. A really dangerous precedent.

Also note the following:

A) Nunes’s “midnight Uber run” to get documents from the White House early in the administration- to back up an assertion about unmasking that he didn’t have any type of evidence before he got the documents/intelligence reports from the White House

B) his oversight of the house “intelligence” committee (a total joke). A historically non partisan committee focused on national security issues was turned into an absolute circus

C) his closing of their investigation without even trying to talk to many Key witnesses and releasing of a completely bogus final report (that was based on false assertions & he admitted that he didn’t even read the underlying intelligence documents, even though he was one of the folks that had access to it). Even when witnesses were interviewed for was often done at odd times and without pursuing obvious lines of questioning

D) his continued attempts at attacking the intelligence community, in an effort to try to delegitimize/shut down the Mueller probe

E) he allegedly recused himself, yet issued subpoenas and directed the pubs efforts on the committee

F) his continued attack on the Mueller probe and anyone connected to it, effectively turning the intelligence committee into a blindly partisan arm of team Trump

G) his really shoddy and dishonest “expose” a while back, that was completely refuted by the dem’s rebuttal

H) threatening to impeach Rosenstein, who is effectively in charge of overseeing the smellier probe. He effectively tried to strong arm the DOJ into doing what he wanted them to do

In short, the man has demonstrated that he is a complete partisan hack. He has only been intent on protecting team Trump at all costs, and turned a historically bipartisan committee that is charged with protecting our nation’s security/safety into a completely broken shell of itself.

History isn’t going to view him kindly. He’s the worst (best?) example of pure tribalism that I’ve seen- and that’s saying a lot, given everything that’s happened since November 2016.

His charge against the Mueller probe is reminiscent of the multiple Benghazi! probes. Only it was even more blindly partisan, yielded less of a return in terms of accusations proven/questions answered and destroyed the house intelligence committee in the process- all while denigrating our national intelligence agencies.

I'd love to see him charged with obstruction of justice. I'm aware that it wouldn't stick but the fireworks would be a good time .

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was wrapped up in this whole thing somehow. He’s just WAY too enthusiastic in his defense of Trump. It’s strange.

Also note the following:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was wrapped up in this whole thing somehow. He’s just WAY too enthusiastic in his defense of Trump. It’s strange.
I'm guessing he thinks there'll be a payoff of some sort on down the line.

Reactions: DrHoops

I'm thinking along those same lines. Meadows, Jordan and Gaetz are much too enthusiastic, as well. No doubt the Republican party barge has sank to the bottom of the Trump swamp.

Jordan and Meadows are bringing impeachment charges against Rosenstein. Now we'll see what Ryan is made of.

Jordan and Meadows are bringing impeachment charges against Rosenstein. Now we'll see what Ryan is made of.

I would like to think there are enough walking talking "backbones" with a good heart, common sense, decency, morality and patriotism in what is left of the Republican party to grow a pair, but.......

Reactions: DrHoops

It's mainly for show. They know that even if the House were to vote along partisan lines to impeach, they have no where near the 2/3 Senate majority needed to convict...

I'd also be interested in what "crimes" they think they can charge Rosenstein with, under the label of "high crimes and misdemeanors"? If nothing else, they'd be laying the groundwork for the possible crimes ie Obstruction of Justice that Trump could be charged with. Probably want to think twice before setting that precedent...

It's mainly for show.
Yes, it appears these are "resolutions" rather than actual articles.

If/when the Dems take the House, and assuming they're reelected, I want Pelosi or whoever is the Speaker to make sure that Jordan, Meadows, and Nunes are buried in the most insignificant backbench committees possible.

It's mainly for show. They know that even if the House were to vote along partisan lines to impeach, they have no where near the 2/3 Senate majority needed to convict...

I'd also be interested in what "crimes" they think they can charge Rosenstein with, under the label of "high crimes and misdemeanors"? If nothing else, they'd be laying the groundwork for the possible crimes ie Obstruction of Justice that Trump could be charged with. Probably want to think twice before setting that precedent...
"High crimes and misdemeanors" are whatever Congress says they are.

But this is going nowhere. It probably won't see a vote, and if it does, it will fail, and if it passes, the Senate will acquit. This is just elected assholes putting on a show for their asshole voters.

Reactions: cosmickid
"High crimes and misdemeanors" are whatever Congress says they are.

But this is going nowhere. It probably won't see a vote, and if it does, it will fail, and if it passes, the Senate will acquit. This is just elected assholes putting on a show for their asshole voters.

Seems pretty convenient timing for Jordan- given his OSU "troubles"...

[QUOTE="UncleMark, post: 2440559, member: 706”]Pub perv enabler as Speaker?[/QUOTE]

Hastert is coming back? Wait, didn’t notice the “enabler” part.

lol.gif
lol.gif

How does Nunes expense the trip off then? Dont you normally have the agenda and appointments set before flying anywhere? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Bill4411 and wiede

lol.gif
lol.gif

We all know the real reason why -- Devin ran through a minefield to help his Jefe.

Could the lack of a GOP Senate candidate in CA propel Nunes out of office? Polls show his race with Janz at an 8 pt spread. And after endorsing him every campaign since 2002 the Fresno Bee (his hometown paper) has dumped him for Janz...

"The Bee, which had backed Nunes in every race since 2002, announced Saturday that it was endorsing Democratic challenger Andrew Janz.

The paper touted Janz's promise to hold at least four town halls each year and remain available to constituents. Nunes has come under fire for refusing to participate in an open town hall in his Central Valley district since 2010.

The Bee also noted Nunes' bizarre behavior as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, writing that he seemed more interested in protecting President Donald Trump from the Russia investigation than in his “constitutional obligations as an independent arm of government.”

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/10/de...town-paper-after-eight-straight-endorsements/

Thank heaven for the PBS Newshour which gives equal time to House Intelligence Committee Minority Leader Adam Schiff whenever Nunes appears.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT