ADVERTISEMENT

Primaries

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
Just wanted to point out that it looks like Boebert won her carpetbagging effort to stay relevant, while Bowman lost his seat to establishment Dems funded by pro-Israel donors. Just in case you all want to continue to discuss which party is beholden to extremists.

Reactions: UncleMark
Just wanted to point out that it looks like Boebert won her carpetbagging effort to stay relevant, while Bowman lost his seat to establishment Dems funded by pro-Israel donors. Just in case you all want to continue to discuss which party is beholden to extremists.
Boebert still has to win the general. Sounds like that's not a given.

Don't be like that. This is a legitimate response to the tenor of this forum for the past two years. "The Cult." AOC. The Progressive cancer. Etc.
You should have started this thread earlier as opposed to trying to defend Hickory.

There are significant proxy fights between the DSA and pro-Israel groups (primarily Solidarity PAC)…In the NY assembly.

The demographics are completely different than rural Colorado

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You should have started this thread earlier as opposed to trying to defend Hickory.

There are significant proxy fights between the DSA and pro-Israel groups (primarily Solidarity PAC)…In the NY assembly.

The demographics are completely different than rural Colorado
I mentioned in another thread that McM started that this race was a good barometer for the overreach and defeat of the progressive left. I didn't start this thread because the results weren't in yet.

Reactions: larsIU
Since the other thread was locked, I’ll say my piece here and then leave it alone.

I wasn’t necessarily defending Dan. I recognize he can be an ass. I was just stating my opinion that he’s not the worst this forum has to offer.

Also, I tend to like the moderation on this forum to be lighter rather than heavier. On ANY forum actually. I think that’s the better course. There’s an ignore function for a reason and heavy handed moderation is inevitably seen as unfair to one side or the other.

I may be in the minority, but I don’t think the moderation on this forum is all that bad.

Now, everybody SHUT THE F**K UP!!!

Since the other thread was locked, I’ll say my piece here and then leave it alone.

I wasn’t necessarily defending Dan. I recognize he can be an ass. I was just stating my opinion that he’s not the worst this forum has to offer.

Also, I tend to like the moderation on this forum to be lighter rather than heavier. On ANY forum actually. I think that’s the better course. There’s an ignore function for a reason and heavy handed moderation is inevitably seen as unfair to one side or the other.

I may be in the minority, but I don’t think the moderation on this forum is all that bad.

Now, everybody SHUT THE F**K UP!!!
I didn't lock that thread. But I did unlock it, so feel free to go back to it.

I agree that lighter is better. I don't think that should be the case, but history suggests it is. So we live with what we live with.

I do not think DANC is the worst poster ever. I just don't think anyone can reasonably demand a higher level of posting here while also defending him.

I mentioned in another thread that McM started that this race was a good barometer for the overreach and defeat of the progressive left. I didn't start this thread because the results weren't in yet.
I’m out for the night…hopefully you get some decent conversation about the changes occurring in NY.

I applaud these Dems for grabbing sanity back. Hopefully we see more of this. If there were, my guess is this election wouldn't be as close as the last time.

On the flip side, Boebert may have won, but it's amongst a bunch of white (67%+) mountain men, so not that surprising.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
I applaud these Dems for grabbing sanity back. Hopefully we see more of this. If there were, my guess is this election wouldn't be as close as the last time.

On the flip side, Boebert may have won, but it's amongst a bunch of white (67%+) mountain men, so not that surprising.
Listen Ten Hag GIF by Manchester United

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Excluding incumbents winning routine nomination, Trump’s candidates lost 2 of 3 races last night (Boebert, Burns, Williams). Trump didn’t endorse in CO-3, but they nominated the candidate who didn’t vote for Trump in either 2016 or 2020 and won’t commit to voting for him this year instead of the crazy candidate who Dems spent half a million to prop up.

Obviously this isn’t going to repeat itself on every primary night, but the primary voting (even the numbers in the uncontested presidential contests in the late states) keeps showing that Trump has more intra-party skeptics than Biden, even though both have the support of most of their party’s base voters.

She changed districts, remember? She's now in the far eastern, rural district which is mainly all flat ass ranch land
That plus the strongly conservative Douglas county between Colorado Springs and Denver, Greeley, and Loveland in Larimer County. The redistricting commission packed CD 4 with Republican urban areas in order to keep them out of other urban districts which lean Democrat.

Boebert has a job for life.

She changed districts, remember? She's now in the far eastern, rural district which is mainly all flat ass ranch land

Oh FFS, how can I keep track of all of these shenanigans? Politicians suck. She sucks even more in particular, in more ways than one.

Yes, Eastern CO is a desolate landscape. Basically Kansas.

Bowman crossed a line you can’t cross, is all that happened. Being Anti-Israel in New York is really dumb if you’re trying to get re-elected.

Last edited:
I believe Kennedy won in UT-03 . He seems to have abandoned some of the rhetoric now that he’s no longer running against Romney. His campaign website uses the terms “civility,” “common sense,” “thoughtful conservative” and “more important than just grabbing headlines,” and has none of the “red flag meat” that the hardcore types like. I don’t think he’s planning on being a showhorse.

Excluding incumbents winning routine nomination, Trump’s candidates lost 2 of 3 races last night (Boebert, Burns, Williams). Trump didn’t endorse in CO-3, but they nominated the candidate who didn’t vote for Trump in either 2016 or 2020 and won’t commit to voting for him this year instead of the crazy candidate who Dems spent half a million to prop up.

Obviously this isn’t going to repeat itself on every primary night, but the primary voting (even the numbers in the uncontested presidential contests in the late states) keeps showing that Trump has more intra-party skeptics than Biden, even though both have the support of most of their party’s base voters.
I didn’t follow the races at all, but looking at the numbers it seems like more of the same with Trump. Boebert and Crank won easily and the other was basically a dead heat. Trump definitely has a hard ceiling. I think the question is will Biden’s crappy 4 years be enough to motivate conservatives to show up and liberals to stay home.

Last edited:
I didn’t follow the races at all, but looking at the numbers it seems like more of the same with Trump. Boebert and Williams won easily and the other was basically a dead heat. Trump definitely has a hard ceiling. I think the question is will Biden’s crappy 4 years be enough to motivate conservatives to show up and liberals to stay home.
Williams lost 2-1 but I think you are probably correct otherwise

Reactions: snarlcakes
I didn’t follow the races at all, but looking at the numbers it seems like more of the same with Trump. Boebert and Crank won easily and the other was basically a dead heat. Trump definitely has a hard ceiling. I think the question is will Biden’s crappy 4 years be enough to motivate conservatives to show up and liberals to stay home.
Like so many other Democrats and Republicans, I think you over state the Trump influence. Solid and traditional GOP conservatives won the primaries where the GOP has numbers. There is one competitive seat, the others are all democratic.

Reactions: snarlcakes
That plus the strongly conservative Douglas county between Colorado Springs and Denver, Greeley, and Loveland in Larimer County. The redistricting commission packed CD 4 with Republican urban areas in order to keep them out of other urban districts which lean Democrat.

Boebert has a job for life.
Can she grow into the job? Hmmm. It’s happened before. Ted Kennedy was unqualified and had to cheat his way through college….but I think we can probably conclude that he was a bit smarter than Boebert

Can she grow into the job? Hmmm. It’s happened before. Ted Kennedy was unqualified and had to cheat his way through college….but I think we can probably conclude that he was a bit smarter than Boebert
She has a flamboyant or maybe eccentric personality. I think that will modulate with age. I believe she has a GED, but I don’t think she is as stupid as some of her better credentialed colleagues in the house.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT