ADVERTISEMENT

Papadopoulus

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
pleads guilty to seeking opposition research from the Russkies, then lying about that to the FBI.

Its always the cover up.
NEVER lie.
Just say "lawyer."
What is so hard about that?

NSFW language, but even Bodie knows:

Reactions: twenty02
pleads guilty to seeking opposition research from the Russkies, then lying about that to the FBI.

Its always the cover up.
NEVER lie.
Just say "lawyer."

Analysts saying that as a "cooperating witness" seeking a plea, he may be the key to unraveling the entire mess...

Alan Jackson had some good songs, but that is not one if them. Papadopoulos sounds like a Muppet character.
giphy.gif

Its always the cover up.
NEVER lie.
Just say "lawyer."

The timeline on Paps communication with the Russians is interesting,since Trump was not even the nominee at that point.He first met with the Russian "professor" in mid March,after the events of Super Tuesday.

At a subsequent second meeting in April he learned of the "emails",at a time HRC still had a 15 pt lead over Trump.Not sure why he felt he could lie to the FBI about the timeline and his status with the Campaign.Maybe he knew how incriminating the timeline looked for him,and the Campaign?...

This account reads like a John Le Carre spy novel,complete with multiple meetings on foreign soil...

Last edited:
He's a Nashville Clown Act .. not a musician.
Concur. Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell are slowly purging Nashville of its terrible country-pop hijacking from the likes of Paisley, Jackson, Twain, and Underwood, but it’s not happening fast enough.

Pardon me for asking but when will the first pardon be issued?

I heard someone saying this morning that the pardoning power isn’t unlimited and pardons can’t be issued if they would somehow interfere with/obstruct an ongoing investigation.

I heard someone saying this morning that the pardoning power isn’t unlimited and pardons can’t be issued if they would somehow interfere with/obstruct an ongoing investigation.
Whoever said that was almost certainly wrong. The only limit on the pardon power is that it can't stop an impeachment.

(It's also theoretically possible that a President can't pardon himself, but no one's sure.)

I'd be surprised that they can't be issued, but by the same token wouldn't surprised they could be used as the basis for obstruction charges if they were.

The timeline on Paps communication with the Russians is interesting,since Trump was not even the nominee at that point.He first met with the Russian "professor" in mid March,after the events of Super Tuesday.

At a subsequent second meeting in April he learned of the "emails",at a time HRC still had a 15 pt lead over Trump.Not sure why he felt he could lie to the FBI about the timeline and his status with the Campaign.Maybe he knew how incriminating the timeline looked for him,and the Campaign?...

This account reads like a John Le Carre spy novel,complete with multiple meetings on foreign soil...

I'ma boil it down:

He got played.

Some "Russian professor" said "we got Clinton e-mails, get your Clinton e-mails here, step right up, e-mails here. Say, let me introduce you to my attractive Russian friend who is related to Putin - why don't you help us set up a trip by Trump or his important people to Russia - let us wine and dine you, him, them, and we have good US/Russian relations."

Then, when the FBI started looking into who was trying to buy Clinton e-mails, and hack chads, etc., the dumbass lied.

Squirrel and Moose meet Boris and Natasha.

I wonder if "The Professor" was Assange's source for the stuff Wikileaks put out (and Roger Stone's "friend").

I'ma boil it down:

He got played.

Some "Russian professor" said "we got Clinton e-mails, get your Clinton e-mails here, step right up, e-mails here. Say, let me introduce you to my attractive Russian friend who is related to Putin - why don't you help us set up a trip by Trump or his important people to Russia - let us wine and dine you, him, them, and we have good US/Russian relations."

Then, when the FBI started looking into who was trying to buy Clinton e-mails, and hack chads, etc., the dumbass lied.

Squirrel and Moose meet Boris and Natasha.
Putin’s niece? Wasn’t that what Trump was told when he invited those girls back to his hotel room?

Reactions: UncleMark
I wonder if "The Professor" was Assange's source for the stuff Wikileaks put out (and Roger Stone's "friend").

Here's a ponder point - there's no money in this. Just contacts and later lies about the timing of the contacts and the depth of info discussed.

If this doofi gets arrested for THIS, imagine what will happen to the folks who are lying about the $10,000,000 paid by the Clinton campaign folks for their "opposition research" (the "peeing whore" tapes gotta be so memorable that NOBODY will believe that stuff was "forgotten" - or the price).

Analysts saying that as a "cooperating witness" seeking a plea, he may be the key to unraveling the entire mess...

That’s often code for wearing a wire. Looks like this guy may be the first domino to fall in a series of dominos.

In any event, the timing on all of this screams collusion. Everything matches up perfectly.

If I were Trump, I’d be much more worried about this guy than Manafort and his associate. He’s obviously cooperating now. And has been for a while.

Concur. Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell are slowly purging Nashville of its terrible country-pop hijacking from the likes of Paisley, Jackson, Twain, and Underwood, but it’s not happening fast enough.
Nashville Country is to music what Fox News is to news.

Fake, demographically driven, paint by number and mass manufactured for consumption by the ill-informed knowledge free masses.

No musician, anywhere, listens to Nashville Country, with very few exceptions.

Sturgill will eventually tire of them and sign with an indie label, anyone with real talent or pride in the art eventually does.

... and Jerry Seinfeld is a crappy actor.
That's no excuse for posting a Nashville ass-clown.

Fake news, fake music. WTF is wrong with you? You used to be cool.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
That’s often code for wearing a wire. Looks like this guy may be the first domino to fall in a series of dominos.

In any event, the timing on all of this screams collusion. Everything matches up perfectly.

If I were Trump, I’d be much more worried about this guy than Manafort and his associate. He’s obviously cooperating now. And has been for a while.
I really don’t like to agree with you,But I think you’re right this time!

I’ll bet Putin and the boys back at the Kremlin are having a great day. Putin probably is buying rounds for everyone.

Nashville Country is to music what Fox News is to news.

Fake, demographically driven, paint by number and mass manufactured for consumption by the ill-informed knowledge free masses.

No musician, anywhere, listens to Nashville Country, with very few exceptions.

Sturgill will eventually tire of them and sign with an indie label, anyone with real talent or pride in the art eventually does.

That's no excuse for posting a Nashville ass-clown.

Fake news, fake music. WTF is wrong with you? You used to be cool.

No fake news - the Papadopoulis dude pled guilty and the plea deal says exactly what I said it did.

Pop-a-Top is a great song to play when a guy named Papadopoulis is the first top popped.

Maybe I’m just a just a conservative Christian, right wing Republican, straight white American male.

No fake news - the Papadopoulis dude pled guilty and the plea deal says exactly what I said it did.

Pop-a-Top is a great song to play when a guy named Papadopoulis is the first top popped.

Maybe I’m just a just a conservative Christian, right wing Republican, straight white American male.

Much better song ..

There's hope for you yet.

Its always the cover up.
NEVER lie.
Just say "lawyer."

On one hand, Sarah says this today (according to USAToday):

"Look, today's announcement has nothing to do with the president, has nothing to do with the president's campaign or campaign activity," Sanders told reporters.

On the other hand, the Trump campaign published a photo of Trump's National Security team in 2016, showing Papadopolous sitting four seats away from Trump:

11364005_1011063585627019_1797841499_n.jpg

https://www.mediaite.com/online/off...ured-photo-of-trump-with-george-papadopolous/

Its always the cover up.
NEVER lie.
Just say "lawyer."

Let's see . . . a guy pleads guilty to lying to federal investigators about attempting to set up a meeting between the Trump campaign and a foreign government's representative for the purpose of influencing the American presidential election in a way that favors the foreign government . . .

. . . and your concern is whether the guy should've lawyered up?

What's wrong with you?

I really don’t like to agree with you,But I think you’re right this time!
Wait....what?!?!?
I cannot believe that everyone else has seemingly overlooked this bombshell of a post from you.
Or did you reply to the wrong post?

Let's see . . . a guy pleads guilty to lying to federal investigators about attempting to set up a meeting between the Trump campaign and a foreign government's representative for the purpose of influencing the American presidential election in a way that favors the foreign government . . .

. . . and your concern is whether the guy should've lawyered up?

What's wrong with you?

You’re gonna have to connect some more dots

The plea deal filed with the court does not say he was meeting with Russkies “for the purpose of influencing the American presidential election in a way that favors” the Russkies. It says they had “dirt” on Hillary “in the form of” “thousands” of her emails.

So ...

What do you mean by “influencing”?
And how would disclosure of Hillary’s e-mails do that?
And how did they get her e-mails?

Finally, I’m not “concerned” that he should have lawyered up. But as a lawyer, I’d tell my clients to take the 5th and never talk to the FBI for this very reason. One word wrong and you are prosecuted for lying.

You’re gonna have to connect some more dots

The plea deal filed with the court does not say he was meeting with Russkies “for the purpose of influencing the American presidential election in a way that favors” the Russkies. It says they had “dirt” on Hillary “in the form of” “thousands” of her emails.

So ...

What do you mean by “influencing”?
And how would disclosure of Hillary’s e-mails do that?
And how did they get her e-mails?

Finally, I’m not “concerned” that he should have lawyered up. But as a lawyer, I’d tell my clients to take the 5th and never talk to the FBI for this very reason. One word wrong and you are prosecuted for lying.
In short, never tell a F.I.B.

Its always the cover up.
NEVER lie.
Just say "lawyer."

This guy looks like the key for the possible collusion with Russia to influence the election instead of Manafort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT