ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, now that all tourneys are complete…

Bucket Getter

Senior
Apr 9, 2023
Does anyone here still buy Woody’s lame ass lie that they weren’t going to the NIT because he had to get cracking in the portal? 3+ weeks have gone by and he’s signed how many portal-ees?

I fully expect the kids around here that still thinks everything is fine and Woody is doing a great job to spout off in at least 4 directions:

1. Ware wasn’t going to play! (Irrelevant and not what Woody said)
2. He’s signed another 5-star! (Irrelevant and not from the portal)
3. My gawd he’s brought back MR and MM! (Irrelevant and again, not from the portal.)
4.All the good players are just now entering the portal!!!! (Then he could have played and still had time to do a little portal research, right?)

Bottom line is the dude is full of crap about why he boycotted the NIT. Those who suggest he’s lazy AF might be onto something. How in the holy hell can you get paid $4.2M a year and decide you aren’t going to do your actual job for the last week or 2 of the season?

Does anyone here still buy Woody’s lame ass lie that they weren’t going to the NIT because he had to get cracking in the portal? 3+ weeks have gone by and he’s signed how many portal-ees?

I fully expect the kids around here that still thinks everything is fine and Woody is doing a great job to spout off in at least 4 directions:

3. My gawd he’s brought back MR and MM! (Irrelevant and again, not from the portal.)
4.All the good players are just now entering the portal!!!! (Then he could have played and still had time to do a little portal research, right?)

Bottom line is the dude is full of crap about why he boycotted the NIT. Those who suggest he’s lazy AF might be onto something. How in the holy hell can you get paid $4.2M a year and decide you aren’t going to do your actual job for the last week or 2 of the season?
100%. Especially when the kids must contact you (Woodson) about playing for Indiana vbg.

You're just picking on him with nothing but pure conjecture, unfounded rumors and petty assumptions. You have no clue what he has done or hasn't and to claim without any doubt something you can only guess makes you the one full of shit currently..

It's like saying you're dumb because you're punch drunk and have severe brain damage. That would be wrong, as I'm not sure that being punchy brained is the reason you're so stupid. For all I know it's probably just genetics ..

You're a perpetual whiner, a child that didn't get a cookie that's throwing a fit... nothing more.

Good post BG-thanks

I have written here before that my daughters believed there was a magic portal behind the refrigerator to go to Disney World. The latest belief here is that a magic portal will transport us to a national championship. Money and the magic portal are all that it takes and only our money works.

Last edited:
You're just picking on him with nothing but pure conjecture, unfounded rumors and petty assumptions. You have no clue what he has done or hasn't and to claim without any doubt something you can only guess makes you the one full of shit currently..

It's like saying you're dumb because you're punch drunk and have severe brain damage. That would be wrong, as I'm not sure that being punchy brained is the reason you're so stupid. For all I know it's probably just genetics ..

You're a perpetual whiner, a child that didn't get a cookie that's throwing a fit... nothing more.
Dumb..imo

Dude. Twas obvious. We sucked. Four players already had one foot out the door. We probably would have lost in the first round. Why risk the embarrassment? To me, it's more of crisis-management than just slapping a "lazy" label on it.

I don't see an upside to NIT win or lose for IU. If we were keeping and developing players then maybe but not in the world of free agency. Woody needs to get this next group sorted out and win something. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Bucket Getter

I think it was fair to assume that Ware was not going to subject himself to risk playing in an otherwise meaningless NIT tourney game or two, if he had plans to enter the draft. Which is now fact, not conjecture. And it's also pretty fair to say that IU would not have been the same team without Ware, but actually a much lesser team, so risking an embarrassing first round loss in the NIT would not have offered the program any benefit.

That's not conjecture, it's pretty basic logic.
If Ware had returned, then that's another story.

As for CMW's portal efforts since then, I'm still in TBD mode. Wait and see. New names popping every day.

I am fine with IU skipping the NIT. There wasn't much upside. Ware wasn't going to play and we would lose.

The staff has been working on the portal during the NIT.

I'm about as down on Woody as you can get, but this doesn't register as an issue, in fact it's a smart move.

he is picking on him because of the product hes has watched on the floor. Woodson is getting another year nothing anyone can do about it. I'm not expecting much. you think we could have gotten May or Calipari?

This...all of this! The NIT just doesn't offer IU much and the decision doesn't bother me.

Agree, I'm "out" on Woodson too and his flaws are obvious and I'm 99% sure he's as "lazy" as described. However, if you hear what coaches are saying behind the scenes, they're struggling to keep up with what's happening in the portal and to scout all of the entries. My HOPE is that our staff is working 24/7 reviewing all the tape and truly digging in to figure out who's our best fit. We'll see if their work pays off.

-Ware
-Galloway (surgery)
-Gunn
-Banks
-Sparks

None of those guys would have taken part in any NIT games. Leaves you a roster of:

-Xavier Johnson
-Anthony Leal
-Mackenzie Mgbako
-Malik Reneau
-Gabe Cupps

That's why IU declined an NIT bid, nothing more, nothing less.

-Ware
-Galloway (surgery)
-Gunn
-Banks
-Sparks

None of those guys would have taken part in any NIT games. Leaves you a roster of:

-Xavier Johnson
-Anthony Leal
-Mackenzie Mgbako
-Malik Reneau
-Gabe Cupps

I completely agree with all of this. And to be clear, I am glad they didn’t play in the NIT. Like most around here, I was sick and tired of watching them. But none of that is the point of the post. Woody lied. Plain and simple.

Dude. Twas obvious. We sucked. Four players already had one foot out the door. We probably would have lost in the first round. Why risk the embarrassment? To me, it's more of crisis-management than just slapping a "lazy" label on it.
Correct. Then you agree it was a lie. He 100% DID NOT SAY: we suck, our players are bailing, it’ll be embarrassing, we’ll probably get beat in the first round. If he’d simply said something to the effect of “the program is in crisis mode and playing another game or two isn’t the answer” I’d say he was being honest. Lazy probably, but at least honest.

Serious question: What is actually wrong with you? Are you a perpetual douche to people in real life or do you save all your bravado for this board? My suggestion is simple and twofold. First, figure out how to use the ignore button and secondly, go f yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: sluggo69
Serious question: What is actually wrong with you? Are you a perpetual douche to people in real life or do you save all your bravado for this board? My suggestion is simple and twofold. First, figure out how to use the ignore button and secondly, go f yourself.
sounds to me like this TMP character just fell off of your Xmas card list.

• Haha
Correct. Then you agree it was a lie. He 100% DID NOT SAY: we suck, our players are bailing, it’ll be embarrassing, we’ll probably get beat in the first round. If he’d simply said something to the effect of “the program is in crisis mode and playing another game or two isn’t the answer” I’d say he was being honest. Lazy probably, but at least honest.
More of an alternative fact than a bold faced lie. Doesn't really matter. I understand you are not a big fan of Woodson, and I'm not about to start defending him.

-Ware
-Galloway (surgery)
-Gunn
-Banks
-Sparks

-Xavier Johnson
-Anthony Leal
-Mackenzie Mgbako
-Malik Reneau
-Gabe Cupps

Hmm, no comment on whether we should have participated, but outside of Trey it looks to me like the guys that wouldn’t take part are all gone next yr, and the guys that would take part is for the most part the core or next years team .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT