ADVERTISEMENT

Ooo boy this is gonna get ugly.....as expected.

No. You rebuild with a good coach that can build a program for the long-term.

Woody spending millions of $ on a bunch of portal players and hitting his ceiling of maybe one tourney win is the wrong way. Nothing is getting rebuilt with Woody — he has proven that.
100% this is nothing more than nba free agency. It is everything IU basketball is not supposed to be. Amazing some who screamed and yelled about the sampson text messages have zero issue with Woodson buying a roster.

100% this is nothing more than nba free agency. It is everything IU basketball is not supposed to be. Amazing some who screamed and yelled about the sampson text messages have zero issue with Woodson buying a roster.
I don't think there are all that many people that are "o.k." with this approach. But its literally all we have right now. Depending on what all the other current players do, that haven't made their plans known, we could only have 2 returning scholarship level players. The program has no choice, at this point.

So...with that realization...might as well get the best kids possible, might as well seem interested and excited about the process. What else do we have right now?

Reactions: CriticArisen
I don't think there are all that many people that are "o.k." with this approach. But its literally all we have right now. Depending on what all the other current players do, that haven't made their plans known, we could only have 2 returning scholarship level players. The program has no choice, at this point.

So...with that realization...might as well get the best kids possible, might as well seem interested and excited about the process. What else do we have right now?
I just think it is comical some screamed and yelled about sampson texting and now since players can be bought it is oh well. Meanwhile sampson is killing it. And yes we do have choice if we actually recruiting hs players we would not need to buy 7 rent a players in the spring.

I just think it is comical some screamed and yelled about sampson texting and now since players can be bought it is oh well. Meanwhile sampson is killing it. And yes we do have choice if we actually recruiting hs players we would not need to buy 7 rent a players in the spring.

I don't think its all about the money. I mean Kansas could offer as much money or a little less and have a better team around him something Indiana can't guarantee. If I were a betting man I would bet there's a 60 percent chance he comes back.
He could go to Kansas and join Liam M. in a pretty good draft class!

Reactions: ndhuntington
I honestly think MR at the 5 and Mm at the 4 with 3 athletic guards would be much better offensively than clogging the lane with Mr and Ware
If we can't shoot next year, it won't matter what we do in the lane -- opponents will ignore our "outside threats" and clog the lane for us (like Nebraska did).

You think if he wins 20 games, and makes the NCAA tournament, that he'll get fired?

That'd be 3 NCAAs out of 4. He'll have shown an ability to use the portal to "succeed".

I hope you're right. But I don't think you probably are. The bar seems to have been set. He made the NCAAs 2 out of 3 years. He wasn't fired. Not sure 3 out of 4 years does anything but improve his standing at IU.
with another blowout 1st round loss, yes. The bar is does he make money for the university, represent the program in the way he himself saw his tenure. it hasn't happened and it won't, do you really think dolson is too blind to see it's his ass too next year if something doesn't happen?

If we can't shoot next year, it won't matter what we do in the lane -- opponents will ignore our "outside threats" and clog the lane for us (like Nebraska did).
Yes true but if Mm is the 4 and you insert a shooter at the 3 then you have something

You think if he wins 20 games, and makes the NCAA tournament, that he'll get fired?

That'd be 3 NCAAs out of 4. He'll have shown an ability to use the portal to "succeed".

I hope you're right. But I don't think you probably are. The bar seems to have been set. He made the NCAAs 2 out of 3 years. He wasn't fired. Not sure 3 out of 4 years does anything but improve his standing at

Could be...

But we missed the tournament this year, and have zero incoming recruits.

If we make the tournament next year, and have even 1 incoming recruit...is that not "improvement" in every area?

Just playing devils advocate here, by the way. I don't think he should still be our coach. And I think if its any sort of "solid" NCAA tournament team...say similar to last years team...I'm not sure he's "fireable" at that point. They set the precedent with the raise, and with not firing him now.
the raise also sets a precedent to do your job better, not worse, not a get out of established expectations and retire at your whim, leverage the job for personal interests precedent

Where on Earth did I say Reneau was a better college player than Harangody? I said they had similar games with comparable skill sets. I stand by that. I didn't say anything about production until you chimed in with nonsensical BS. Reneau is elite offensively around the basket, shot 70% at the rim this year. Why on Earth anyone would advocate him playing any other role is beyond me.
Too many turnovers, too many fouls and doesn’t pass out when double and triple teamed. It’s all one on one.

If Woodson buys a team that squeaks into the tournament and loses in round one then we will have two more years after that of this NBA crap and a couple more to rebuild the damage done from his tenure. I would rather start now with someone who has a valid chance to win championships again.

Reactions: kmathum
with another blowout 1st round loss, yes. The bar is does he make money for the university, represent the program in the way he himself saw his tenure. it hasn't happened and it won't, do you really think dolson is too blind to see it's his ass too next year if something doesn't happen?
Why would it be Dolsons fault if Buckner and a donor are calling the shots on Woodson? I don’t think Dolson is a good AD however.

If Woodson buys a team that squeaks into the tournament and loses in round one then we will have two more years after that of this NBA crap and a couple more to rebuild the damage done from his tenure. I would rather start now with someone who has a valid chance to win championships again.
I noticed we have seen no staff changes yet as I expected. Woodson is not going to change one thing it will be pound it in the post again next year. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: GThomas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT