ADVERTISEMENT

On Traditional Media and Why it Sucks

I assume it varies district to district on their roles/pay. Every district I have been at has had counselors and social workers. Over the the past decade there has been more social workers hired and they do a majority of the counseling of students. The actually school "counselors" job has shifted towards more administrative work (I think that's what they do) and less direct counseling.
Not the same thing you said at first, but I think I can finally agree with you.

Not the same thing you said at first, but I think I can finally agree with you.
Please don't agree with me. Also, what I said at first was my direct experience and at no point did you prove me wrong that a majority of schools in Indiana don't have counselors. I might be wrong, I haven't counted all of them:)

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I've also seen this argument made in non-academic settings, on television, in episodes of both SVU and Blue Bloods.

ArtisticQuaintCheetah-max-1mb.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
There are many kids all over our district, my wife’s district, my mothers district (yes I’m surrounded by teachers) that are declaring themselves to be LGBTQ. When pressed on what that means, they have no idea other than it’s what they need to get the attention they crave. What’s causing that Zeke?
So what's the problem? They say they're Princesses and Cowboys too.

The RNC would like to thank the hair sniffer in chief for making their commercials for them.

• Wow
I have no use for the man anymore. I give him the same respect you gave Trump. Like zero. He is a shitty person.
I don’t think he’s a shitty person. I think he’s trying to do what he thinks is right - and he’s completely lost touch of what’s right.

I don’t think he’s a shitty person. I think he’s trying to do what he thinks is right - and he’s completely lost touch of what’s right.
I don't know how big of a difference four years can really make, but he probably should have already done this President thing.

But, yeah, definitely not a shitty person. Some people just need to equate him to Trump so that we can all be "even."

There is enough in his past that leads me to believe he is a corrupt asshole, among other things.

Your mileage may vary.

Every single one of us has something in our past that, when viewed under a biased microscope, would make us look like corrupt assholes.
I don't know about you, but I don't have $5.3 million in unexplained income and a son knee deep in using my public office to get rich. I have never been accused of sexual assault. You won't find video of me creeping on kids and women. Multiple videos.

Either way, this is all a deflection from the salient point. When I send my children to school to the teachers, they don't stop being my children and become theirs. This is particularly an important point given everything we have been heavily discussing around here for awhile, but the last week or so in particular.

McAuliffe made a similar statement in the Virginia gubernatorial race and got wrecked. Parents should be involved in schools and they are our kids.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
I don't know about you, but I don't have $5.3 million in unexplained income and a son knee deep in using my public office to get rich. I have never been accused of sexual assault. You won't find video of me creeping on kids and women. Multiple videos.

Either way, this is all a deflection from the salient point. When I send my children to school to the teachers, they don't stop being my children and become theirs. This is particularly an important point given everything we have been heavily discussing around here for awhile, but the last week or so in particular.

McAuliffe made a similar statement in the Virginia gubernatorial race and got wrecked. Parents should be involved in schools and they are our kids.
It’s a matter of scale. No, I don’t have unexplained income but that’s because I’ve been W2-chump my whole life.

Our kids are gonna **** up. I’m going to help them through it. I ****ed up as a kid. My parents did what they could to help me through it. You might call that corruption. I’ve done things of which I’m not proud but I survived them. You might call that corruption.

Remember that even Tom Hanks had a Colin and a Chet.

are your kids' teachers teaching them about LGBQ?

no, i didn't think so.

Pubs are masters at making issues out of things that aren't, and Dems are stupid enough to let them.

There is enough in his past that leads me to believe he is a corrupt asshole, among other things.

Your mileage may vary.

no shortage of corrupt assholes in both parties.

i seem to be the only one here bothered by the ones in both parties.

I don't know how big of a difference four years can really make, but he probably should have already done this President thing.

But, yeah, definitely not a shitty person. Some people just need to equate him to Trump so that we can all be "even."
There are so many honest criticisms one could make about Biden, but RNC Research focuses on caring about the kids in a classroom like they are your own kid and tries to turn it into unspeakable evil.

Biden makes points in really hamfisted ways, but this isn't a Biden problem...it's an RNC Research problem.

• Haha
It’s a matter of scale. No, I don’t have unexplained income but that’s because I’ve been W2-chump my whole life.

Our kids are gonna **** up. I’m going to help them through it. I ****ed up as a kid. My parents did what they could to help me through it. You might call that corruption. I’ve done things of which I’m not proud but I survived them. You might call that corruption.

Remember that even Tom Hanks had a Colin and a Chet.
Being corrupt for 50 years in DC is on a whole 'nother level than a teenage ****up.

Being corrupt for 50 years in DC is on a whole 'nother level than a teenage ****up.
Yeah, particularly when you are the one directing your son to do the **** ups. And we aren't talking about the drugs, prostitutes, etc. here. We are talking about using his father's political office to make money for the whole family. Including from/with our enemies.

Yeah, you want to make the point there are bad actors on both sides, you will get no argument from me. That being said, Joe Biden is the poster child for just about everything wrong with our political system.

And hoosboot, don't worry, there is going to be plenty of ammo to use on the Democrats come November. The economy is going to be number 1, by a mile. This isn't going away though.

And hoosboot, don't worry, there is going to be plenty of ammo to use on the Democrats come November. The economy is going to be number 1, by a mile. This isn't going away though.
Sounds good, crazy. Start making those arguments instead of these pathetic RNC Research ones. Be happy to discuss them, but I'm just criticizing the argument that you actually made.

So WaPo lied/buried...
  • That Dagny Benedict started the skirmish
  • The actual cause of her death (overdose)
  • The fact that her father, who raped her for years, was released, and just picked up again
And tried to pin the death on Libs of Tik Tok?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT