ADVERTISEMENT

On Traditional Media and Why it Sucks

You can teach tolerance by talking about treating everyone fairly and with respect. You can explain that not everybody is the same or that they grew up differently, etc.
Yep... you don't need to mention sex, religion, or any other subject and so when a teacher does I assume they are trying to convert, brainwash, ??? .... ever what the word is.

Just my opinion, but I think your view of what an ally is warped versus what regular everyday people like me whose lives don't revolve around following politics closely or politics on social media or whatever. I don't mean that disrespectfully. It just comes across as maybe you've lost sight of the fact that not everyone, in fact a pretty small percentage of people on both sides, are wrapped up in all of this BS on a day to day basis.
I appreciate that, but you’re making the same mistake that I’m accused of making for “groomer.” Ally truly means something, as shown in that HBR article and in countless discussions/interviews with BLM leaders and LGBTQ activists.

To you, Ally means the opposite of enemy. I hear you. I agree with you. In that usage, I’m an ally.

To activists, Ally means something much deeper and extreme. I’m not there. I’ll never be. Because extremism is a goddamned disaster.

Reactions: NPT
At this point I’m for school choice and allowing the students/parents take their money to the school they see fit. A lot of these cultural battles would quickly go away. If parents want their kids to go to a more progressive school that teaches queer studies? Have at it. A school that teaches Islam? Have at it. A school that teaches Christianity? Have at it. A school that teaches Purdue sucks? Have at it.
Might help fix that Teachers union sh!t show we have too.

Reactions: DANC
Call the school counselor or nurse or whoever is designated then have them call the parents. Simple.
Are the counselor or nurse allowed to talk to them? And likely they barely know that person so certainly wouldn’t share. And keep in mind, if they are talking to someone besides their parents, chances are very good they are afraid of their parents’ reactions.....from being upset to actually beating them or disowning them, depending on age.

Opponents yes. I’m not an opponent. I’m an opponent of SJWs and Culture Warriors convincing kids that being LGBTQ is the new “it” thing which is happening in front of my eyes.

If you’re too simple that you can’t see the difference between an LGBTQ person and an “evangelical” then you can sit this one out.
What makes you think they are trying to convince them it’s the new it thing? I didn’t hear that, even from the weird preschool teacher. I heard her say she wanted to teach them to be accepting and know that it’s ok if they happened to be gay themselves, assuming she means if they figure this out in the future. Nearly a third of young gay people have attempted suicide. I imagine that is teachers’ main concern, not trying to groom anyone.

What makes you think they are trying to convince them it’s the new it thing? I didn’t hear that, even from the weird preschool teacher. I heard her say she wanted to teach them to be accepting and know that it’s ok if they happened to be gay themselves, assuming she means if they figure this out in the future. Nearly a third of young gay people have attempted suicide. I imagine that is teachers’ main concern, not trying to groom anyone.
There are many kids all over our district, my wife’s district, my mothers district (yes I’m surrounded by teachers) that are declaring themselves to be LGBTQ. When pressed on what that means, they have no idea other than it’s what they need to get the attention they crave. What’s causing that Zeke?

Are the counselor or nurse allowed to talk to them? And likely they barely know that person so certainly wouldn’t share. And keep in mind, if they are talking to someone besides their parents, chances are very good they are afraid of their parents’ reactions.....from being upset to actually beating them or disowning them, depending on age.
My daughter refers to the school nurse as "my nurse." She knows her well

I am not talking about the teachers, I mean the conversation within a conversation that Goat and CoH were having. Like computer generated CP so that pedos can get their fix. If we are seriously at that point, cut their dick off and call it a day.

I don't think the vast majority of teachers are trying to get into kids pants (some are, we see arrests for it on the regular.) You and I are on the same page with the context you used groomer and I believe the context that LibsofTikTok uses it. They are grooming children into sexual/gender beliefs that the vast majority of then would not land on if the confusion was not introduced to them at a young age. That teacher you posted does not want to get with the kids, she wants to have them believing what she believes and being "allies" when they get older. I also believe that any girl who would have been labeled as a tomboy in the past or a boy who picks up a babydoll is going to be pushed to think they are something they really are not by these whackos. That's the context you were using and we are on the same page there for that discussion.
By what whackos? You think teachers are going to start telling kids they are gay if they are tomboys and play with dolls? Or you think other students may?

They obviously exist, but my point was more if a site existed where a similar grooming or conditioning was occurring with liberal kids to a lifestyle or viewpoint that was labeled "conservative" they would have an issue. If there was a pushback that was strictly biologically related that said XX and XY are male and female and the true instances of like XXY are extremely rare mutations, they would be pissed. If there was a movement to push religion, they would be pissed.

Do unto others pretty much covers all the other stuff. And for those who need more help, an education major isn't what these people need, they need a psychologist. Most of us just want teachers to stay in their damn lane.
They obviously exist, but my point was more if a site existed where a similar grooming or conditioning was occurring with liberal kids to a lifestyle or viewpoint that was labeled "conservative" they would have an issue. If there was a pushback that was strictly biologically related that said XX and XY are male and female and the true instances of like XXY are extremely rare mutations, they would be pissed. If there was a movement to push religion, they would be pissed.

Do unto others pretty much covers all the other stuff. And for those who need more help, an education major isn't what these people need, they need a psychologist. Most of us just want teachers to stay in their damn lane.
And the huge majority of teachers would love to be able to stay in a lane, if only there was one lane needed. They are constantly thrown into other lanes, academics, behavior, mental health, nurse, cheerleader, babysitter, counselor. Most schools don’t even have counselors anymore. Let alone a psychologist on staff.

My daughter refers to the school nurse as "my nurse." She knows her well
She must be sick a lot. Or take daily medicine. Or maybe the nurse is especially outgoing and gets to know most of the kids. Most kids only see the nurse a time or two all year.

Last edited:
Yep, slavery is the same as 5 year olds being taught they are not their biological sex by grown adults in a public institution. Great analogy. You come across as a loon.
You think this is happening?

How is that working out and who asked them to? I would say not well and sure as hell was not people like me.
People like their administrators. And children who have to have their needs met and no one else is providing them.

I think - to me - the assumption is that she’s talking to preschoolers about queerness or being queer. Her existence in the classroom isn’t problematic but her discussing it with 4 and unders is clearly a problem in confusing the kids. It positions queerness as something to aspire to as many kids want to be like their teachers at a young age.

She used activist language such as “Allies” and that tells me she is discussing it with the kids. And that’s not ok.
Because she used the word ally that means she discussed it with kids? Plus not sure what makes allies and activist word.

I have no problem with young children aspiring to be like their teachers, LGBTQ or not, but I do have a problem with them ascribing to be like them because of their LGBTQ-ness.

I expect teachers to say “Hi, I’m so and so and I’ll be teaching you this year.” I don’t expect “Hi I’m so and so, my pronouns are this and that and I’ll be teaching you this year.” And then proceeding to teach about LGBTQ issues and acceptance and being good Allies.

No, I don’t have a problem with a teacher’s significant others showing up in the classroom provided they’ve passed the requisite clearance process.
How many teachers do that? You seriously think any significant amount?

There are many kids all over our district, my wife’s district, my mothers district (yes I’m surrounded by teachers) that are declaring themselves to be LGBTQ. When pressed on what that means, they have no idea other than it’s what they need to get the attention they crave. What’s causing that Zeke?
Social media would be my guess. But is it really so bad if it is a bit of a fad and teenagers are suddenly deciding they are going to identify as gay for awhile because they think it’s cool? They’ll figure it out soon enough.

Reactions: bub-rub
Social media would be my guess. But is it really so bad if it is a bit of a fad and teenagers are suddenly deciding they are going to identify as gay for awhile because they think it’s cool? They’ll figure it out soon enough.
Yes it’s a problem. It’s more a problem with kids who think they are trans And pursue hormones.

Reactions: Spartans9312
And the huge majority of teachers would love to be able to stay in a lane, if only there was one lane needed. They are constantly thrown into other lanes, academics, behavior, mental health, nurse, cheerleader, babysitter, counselor. Most schools don’t even have counselors anymore. Let alone a psychologist on staff.
It varies by state, but that's not true. Schools by law have to employ psychologists and counselors. There are certain positions that more difficult to fill, but not school counselors. I don't know of one school, in Indiana, that doesn't have counselors. You're making stuff up.

It varies by state, but that's not true. Schools by law have to employ psychologists and counselors. There are certain positions that more difficult to fill, but not school counselors. I don't know of one school, in Indiana, that doesn't have counselors. You're making stuff up.
Elementary schools?
Hell, there are districts where most schools don't even have a nurse. The secretaries have to get good at dispensing medicines while answering the phones.

I’m interested in your thoughts on this, Zeke.

Using the generic definition of groom, prepare or train (someone) for a particular purpose or activity, much of our traditional culture “grooms” people to be heterosexual, among other things, in the classroom and out. Biological reproduction necessitates this to a degree.

The LGBTQ community has a legitimate concern about this and a legitimate desire to “groom“ K-3 pupils to be tolerant and accepting of differences and to not bully others (without necessarily discussing issues related to sexual attraction).

How to resolve this dilemma?

For example, suppose a queer, physically female, K-3 teacher is noticeably pregnant. Her pupils are naturally curious. One pupil asks her how babies happen. What is her answer?

I chose this example because it clearly separates biological reproduction from sexual attraction. The baby in her tummy has nothing to do with her being queer, lesbian, cis, or any other sexual orientation.

Elementary schools?
Yes, on counselors. The school psychologists would be a district wide position. I do know districts that struggle with filling certain positions, but it's usually ESL positions, speech pathologist positions, and etc. Also, because of the lockdowns, speech pathologist jobs are going to get even harder to fill.

Yes, on counselors. The school psychologists would be a district wide position. I do know districts that struggle with filling certain positions, but it's usually ESL positions, speech pathologist positions, and etc.
Check out IPS.
I just got on their website, picked out 5 elementary schools at random. 4 did not have a counselor on the staff list. Social workers are not counselors, btw.

Check out IPS.
I just got on their website, picked out 5 elementary schools at random. 4 did not have a counselor on the staff list. Social workers are not counselors, btw.
You're wrong on social workers. Social workers do a lot of the counseling work and it's exactly what schools hire them for. It's cheaper. The schools are also all located outside of Marion county. They don't have to pay benefits and etc. Now go through the rest of the schools in the state and report back to me if most of them don't have counselors. IPS schools have a lot of issues filling a lot of positions. What IPS elementary schools were they?

https://gateway.ifionline.org/report_builder/Default3a.aspx?rptType=employComp&rpt=EmployComp&rptName=Employee Compensation

Last edited:
Please show me the stats of 4 to 5 year old gay kids killing themselves. Hell, please show me the stats of 4 to 5 year olds that are gay.

She's a preschool teacher. Preschool. You don't even need an education degree in most states to teach preschool, let along a psychology degree. The idea was mentioned up above that teachers get asked to do too much, I agree, they are doing too much. So how about we leave the sexual talk to kids at a more advanced age and we leave the really advanced sexual talk like, oh I don't know...gender dysphoria, to people who are actually trained to work with mental topics like that as opposed to someone with an education degree who'd trans education mostly revolves around TikTok and Twitter.

Please teachers, stop doing so much. You are so overworked, take this off your plate. None of us asked you for it. That Florida bill is wildly popular among people of all political stripes in Florida. The vast majority of people don't want teachers involved.

People like their administrators. And children who have to have their needs met and no one else is providing them.
When was the last time you were in a classroom? Do you believe that the majority of kids are coming from an inner city urban environment?

You act as if the majority of kids are being neglected at home.

I hear you on the administrators. I plan on starting to address that with how I vote in 2024 for my school district. For some reason though, I don't think you would agree with administrators who lessen that load because I think you feel it is the teacher's responsibility to have their nose in all of these things. It isn't. We as parents did not ask for it. Most of us don't want it. For those of us who grew up in the period, we want the involvement our teachers had in the 80's and 90's. Spouses were barely brought up if at all, I had no idea who they were dating, I did not know their politics, issues in class were addressed with the parents, etc. I am here telling you that we want teachers to stay in their lane and you are saying they can't, but deep down it is because you, if you were still a teacher, would not want to.

You're wrong. Social workers do a lot of the counseling work and it's exactly what schools hire them for. It's cheaper. They don't have to pay benefits and etc. Now go through the rest of the schools in the state and report back to me if most of them don't have counselors. IPS schools have a lot of issues filling a lot of positions. What IPS elementary schools were they?

https://gateway.ifionline.org/report_builder/Default3a.aspx?rptType=employComp&rpt=EmployComp&rptName=Employee Compensation
You moved the goal post.
And you are wrong...social workers actually do receive full benefits, just like any other employee. And just because you point out that social workers are hired to do counselor work, based on an incorrect assumption, doesn't mean that social workers are the same thing. Some schools have neither. Some have both. Some have one or the other.
Your original statement was that you didn't know of one school that doesn't have a counselor, because it's the law. Look at the first school on the list of IPS elementary schools. No counselor. Social worker, yes. But the job description is totally different. Not saying they don't use them as such, but the licensing and the focus is different.

I’m interested in your thoughts on this, Zeke.

Using the generic definition of groom, prepare or train (someone) for a particular purpose or activity, much of our traditional culture “grooms” people to be heterosexual, among other things, in the classroom and out. Biological reproduction necessitates this to a degree.

The LGBTQ community has a legitimate concern about this and a legitimate desire to “groom“ K-3 pupils to be tolerant and accepting of differences and to not bully others (without necessarily discussing issues related to sexual attraction).

How to resolve this dilemma?

For example, suppose a queer, physically female, K-3 teacher is noticeably pregnant. Her pupils are naturally curious. One pupil asks her how babies happen. What is her answer?

I chose this example because it clearly separates biological reproduction from sexual attraction. The baby in her tummy has nothing to do with her being queer, lesbian, cis, or any other sexual orientation.
There is no dilemma. My kids have had pregnant heterosexual teachers in K-3. Those teachers did not feel the need to discuss how babies happen with them and I would be pissed off if they did give the birds and bees talk to a 5 to 9 year old without my permission.

What do you do when stuff like that comes up, you deflect. Wow, that was freaking easy. Not like that has not been happening for hundreds of years. And you know what, the kids move on to something else and amazingly you don't have to have that discussion at all.

The education kids need on that stuff at that age is that those are their private areas that people should not have access to (with few exceptions). When it comes to people being bullied, that is also easily handled by the Golden Rule standard that used to cover all bullying. You avoid conversations that are not age appropriate by refusing to do set asides for people. Bullying is bad whether it is because of sex, color, or because you wear glasses and look different. You don't need to navel gaze reasons with a 5 to 9 year old. They are not adults.

Like are there so many of you that have not had kids or are so far removed from being around kids that age that you just have completely forgotten how they work?

Again, I’m not saying “teachers are causing this” as a univariate regression equation. I’m saying that wokeness from teachers is a factor - where it is a factor - and yes I agree social media is largely a culprit. The Left has established wokeness as being so paramount that kids wouldn’t dare question the extremist narratives at fear of being branded bigots. Some teachers have a hand in this but I fully agree the majority (huge majority) do not. So when some are highlighted on LoTT as they are, it is interesting and scary.

Again, I’m not saying “teachers are causing this” as a univariate regression equation. I’m saying that wokeness from teachers is a factor - where it is a factor - and yes I agree social media is largely a culprit. The Left has established wokeness as being so paramount that kids wouldn’t dare question the extremist narratives at fear of being branded bigots. Some teachers have a hand in this but I fully agree the majority (huge majority) do not. So when some are highlighted on LoTT as they are, it is interesting and scary.
Additionally, yes, I would say it is bad that there is so much social pressure that it causes heterosexual children to identify as something they are not. Isn't that the exact argument we have been hearing about gay kids for decades? I would argue it is a type of conversion therapy, or at least its bastard cousin.

Except you don't get sent away for it. They get bombarded with it through social media and then have their teachers reinforcing it (at very young ages in some cases) as the totally cool thing to do. The same people saying "no big deal" would freak the **** out if there was a heterosexual movement that correlated to the LGBTQ movement particularly if it was directed at gay kids.

(And the fact that in reality 97% of the world defaults to heterosexuality is not in any way a correlation to the gay movement.)

You moved the goal post.
And you are wrong...social workers actually do receive full benefits, just like any other employee. And just because you point out that social workers are hired to do counselor work, based on an incorrect assumption, doesn't mean that social workers are the same thing. Some schools have neither. Some have both. Some have one or the other.
Your original statement was that you didn't know of one school that doesn't have a counselor, because it's the law. Look at the first school on the list of IPS elementary schools. No counselor. Social worker, yes. But the job description is totally different. Not saying they don't use them as such, but the licensing and the focus is different.

I personally have worked with about half dozen school districts and every single one of them had school counselors. Nice work on finding an IPS school who struggle filling a position(even though they still employ people to counsel kids). That's a common theme in a lot of urban school districts, unfortunately. My initial response was to Zeke who said most schools don't have school counselors anymore. That's not true (I guess you could go through all the school districts and prove me wrong).

No, I'm not wrong on social workers. The current school district I work in the social workers are hired as consultants and don't receive benefits through the school corporation. You're clueless when it comes to social workers. Social workers do most of the counseling in schools. What do you think they do? Also, when is the last time you worked in a school?

I personally have worked with about half dozen school districts and everyone single one of them had school counselors. Nice work on finding an IPS school who struggles filling a position. That's a common theme in a lot of urban school districts, unfortunately. My initial response was to Zeke who said most schools don't have school counselors anymore. That's not true (I guess you could go through all the school districts and prove me wrong).

No, I'm not wrong on social workers. The current school district I work in the social workers are hired as consultants and don't receive benefits through the school corporation. You're clueless when it comes to social workers. Social workers do most of the counseling in schools. What do you think they do? Also, when is the last time you worked in a school?
Social workers, at least in IPS, where I know several people (and a couple of social workers even) are IN FACT paid by IPS.
I didn't say social workers weren't doing counselor work. I said that their licensing and job descriptions were different, and in schools that have both, there is a division of labor, because it is two distinct positions.

Social workers, at least in IPS, where I know several people (and a couple of social workers even) are IN FACT paid by IPS.
I didn't say social workers weren't doing counselor work. I said that their licensing and job descriptions were different, and in schools that have both, there is a division of labor, because it is two distinct positions.
Are you referring to guidance counselors?

I assume it varies district to district on their roles/pay. Every district I have been at has had counselors and social workers. Over the the past decade there has been more social workers hired and they do a majority of the counseling of students. The actually school "counselors" job has shifted towards more administrative work (I think that's what they do) and less direct counseling.

THey split time at schools in many cases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT