ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

You are right. When the mods debated Trump I told my stoker Trump should have said “you are not running for office, your role here is to ask questions”. These candidates all seem to be intimidated by mods. I wouldn’t fall for that.
When you’re young and sharp you can wing things. Think fast. He’s lost a step. Have to be extra prepared. He didn’t bother. Not as quick anymore. Unprepared. And baited. That’s how we ended up with that disaster. And it was a disaster

What seemed to start him on his angry path was her saying the truth about him constantly lying about the size of his rallies. Those lies are very important to his self esteem which is why he includes these obvious and outrageous lies in the opening segment of every rally he has. He somehow had 105,000 for a rally in a venue that couldn’t hold 25,000 if they were stacked like firewood. He claimed 15,000 at the rally where his ear was shot. We saw the video and 5,000 would be a very generous estimate. He isn’t a stable person.
The stories about him pressuring his staff to lie and make up figures of how many attended his inauguration are legion. He is infatuated with rallies. You know who else drew big crowds? Sarah Palin when she was McCain's running mate. All she ever did was yell "communism" she drew flies like shit at a picnic.

If Donald killed a spider in his bathroom at Mar a Lago, he would tell the world he just slayed a giant dragon, then convince himself it actually happened.

Reactions: cosmickid
You are right. When the mods debated Trump I told my stoker Trump should have said “you are not running for office, your role here is to ask questions”. These candidates all seem to be intimidated by mods. I wouldn’t fall for that.
Serious question. What's a "stoker?" A woman you live with who's not your wife and too old to refer to as a girlfriend?

She was the Attorney General of the state of California.

You're a mess.
That doesn’t change what I said.

Her only influence over the law while AG was to support the petty theft reforms that led to scores of retail outlets closing.

She also for decriminalizing illegal border crosses and all forms of drug possession for personal use.

When you’re young and sharp you can wing things. Think fast. He’s lost a step. Have to be extra prepared. He didn’t bother. Not as quick anymore. Unprepared. And baited. That’s how we ended up with that disaster. And it was a disaster
If it is true that he used Laura Loomer, Matt Gaetz and Tulsi Gabbard as his debate preppers, that is a massive mistake. Gaetz and Loomer are dummies and Gabbard is a bit quirky, but all 3 are just "yes" people.

The stories about him pressuring his staff to lie and make up figures of how many attended his inauguration are legion. He is infatuated with rallies. You know who else drew big crowds? Sarah Palin when she was McCain's running mate. All she ever did was yell "communism" she drew flies like shit at a picnic.

If Donald killed a spider in his bathroom at Mar a Lago, he would tell the world he just slayed a giant dragon, then convince himself it actually happened.

He could easily convince his followers he killed a dragon. And that’s not sarcasm.

That doesn’t change what I said.

Her only influence over the law while AG was to support the petty theft reforms that led to scores of retail outlets closing.

She also for decriminalizing illegal border crosses and all forms of drug possession for personal use.

I didnt think I’d ever hear someone being DA of a major city and AG of the most populated state in the country not distinguishing themselves.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I didnt think I’d ever hear someone being DA of a major city and AG of the most populated state in the country not distinguishing themselves.
I’ve seen many undistinguished AG’s and DA’s. Of course there are some exceptions. If you wanna see the real legal talent you look at the deputies.

Reactions: stollcpa
Laura Loomer looks like one of those puppets in that Team America: World Police movie the south park guys made
She’s the debate prep version of the chick lawyer he hired to defend him who forgot to demand a jury 🤣. I think he thinks so highly of himself it’s eh whatever. I’d rather sit with with her. I’m fine

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Milton
Serious question. What's a "stoker?" A woman you live with who's not your wife and too old to refer to as a girlfriend?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
This is a dumb argument to have. Harris did very well last night. She was clearly prepared and executed her game plan. There's no reason to think she'd be incapable of the same execution against any opponent.

On the other hand, her game plan was only available to her because of Trump. It might have been harder for her to prepare for a different opponent.

Long story short, neither of you has any idea who would have won in a hypothetical Harris-Desantis debate.
You're no fun.

Gonna set this up now, as I may not be able to watch from the beginning. I'll join as soon as I can. @TheOriginalHappyGoat @stollcpa @NPT let's try and keep this civil and on topic thankyouverymuch.
Everybody had a chance to see how biased legacy media is. It was 3 vs. 1. That can’t be denied. Not cool.

Kamala lost more people on the economy following the debate. Interesting.

Reactions: DANC
There are some objective markers. If she won any awards, or was first chair on significant cases, both would be conspicuous in her resume. She flunked the bar and has a mediocre academic record. She is unremarkable in every way.

Has a DA in a major city ever been lead attorney in a criminal case? Are saying someone who does mergers and acquisitions or tax work could never have a distinguished career without an award?

She has a mental illness history.
She might, but she's a mean, stupid hack with a predilection for calling people "c" words. Not a great idea to use her for debate prep..... especially given she hasn't been in a formal debate and hasn't the foggiest idea of what to say except "commie, commie, commie" and "you are a f***ing c***".

Last edited:
GIF by Australian Open

That is pretty common. When is the last time you recall a politician answer every question they were asked?

Both sides do it. They turn an answer into what they really want to talk about
For once, you're right:

1st question: Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

Kamala: I was born a middle class black child......

Let's imagine that CO.Hoosier has a birthday coming up. His beloved wife offers to bake him any cake that he wants. He finds a recipe for her. He even goes to the grocery store and buys the ingredients.

She then bakes exactly the cake that he wanted. But... people then criticize the cake for being ugly. He finds that to be embarrassing.

As a result, he delares "That's not my cake. I know nothing about it! I had nothing to do with it"

That's what's going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Virtually anybody else who would take the bait like he does would almost instantly recognize the error and be vigilant against falling into similar traps.

His brain lacks that firewall.
Not sure I totally agree. He's built an empire based on his instincts and abilities. Yes, he's had failures, but you can't succeed without recognizing the failures and correcting them.

So, in that sense, I think he does learn from his mistakes.

But his ego has been fed non-stop since he became a media figure way back when. While he's learned from his mistakes in business, I don't think he's used to being told, in his personal life, that he's wrong or have his opinions questioned, so he does lack a firewall in that area, I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT