ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

I enjoy watching the focus groups of undecided voters. Those people are a special kind of stupid. If they had an ounce of self awareness, they wouldn’t embarrass themselves in public. At least the stoopids on here are mostly anonymous.
So, they're stupid because they don't share your opinion?

If you think she did a great job and dominated so completely, why do you think her camaign would want to risk another debate?
Because they are confident she can dominate him even more next time. Last night was only a partial implosion by Trump.

With a little more practice and intentionality, I think they can trigger him into a full on meltdown. Her camp knows that after last night.

Plus the fact he does not have the mental ability to talk policy at any meaningful level.

Because they are confident she can dominate him even more next time. Last night was only a partial implosion by Trump.

With a little more practice and intentionality, I think they can trigger him into a full on meltdown. Her camp knows that after last night.

Plus the fact he does not have the mental ability to talk policy at any meaningful level.

She should go full on Ross Perot on him. Bring out the charts and show how his crowd sizes compare to other crowds :)

If you think she did a great job and dominated so completely, why do you think her camaign would want to risk another debate?
Because she thinks she can do it again? While a good chunk of the country was able to watch last night, there are still a lot of people that missed it. This is Trump's second really lousy debate performance in a row (even though he won the last one, but that was an extremely low bar). The odds of him underperforming a third time are not small.

What policy did Kamala talk about last night? And please be specific.

So they think she can win again - obviously. But why would you risk it?

Seems to me like they didn't do as well as they're saying they did and they're way farther behind than they're saying in public.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
It would not surprise me in the least if Harris has a licensed psychologist on her debate prep team who has studied Trump and made a profile of him. Someone who has studied every facial expression that Trump makes when someone has asked him a tough question about crowd sizes or losing the 2020 election. She was coached to hit him there, and he bit hard.

Reactions: DANC
Because she thinks she can do it again? While a good chunk of the country was able to watch last night, there are still a lot of people that missed it. This is Trump's second really lousy debate performance in a row (even though he won the last one, but that was an extremely low bar). The odds of him underperforming a third time are not small.
He may underperform a third time, although I don't think he under performed vs Biden, but I highly doubt Kamala could over perform again, as she did last night.

As I replied to BCC, there must be more insecurity in her campaign than what they're letting on.

Trumps been shot in the head, indicted too many times to count and called everything in the book. He's not going to meltdown. It's one of his good attributes. He's not a wimp mentally.

It would not surprise me in the least if Harris has a licensed psychologist on her debate prep team who has studied Trump and made a profile of him. Someone who has studied every facial expression that Trump makes when someone has asked him a tough question about crowd sizes or losing the 2020 election. She was coached to hit him there, and he bit hard.
Absolutely.

Chris Wallace: "I didn't think I'd ever see a debate as bad as Biden's back in June, but this was just as devastating. Harris pitched a shutout."
Wow, it's shocking that Chris Wallace, who was fired for being so biased against Trump as a debate moderator, is trashing Trump now.

Who could have predicted that?

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Yeah, I was estimating on a focus group of undecideds I saw on CNN. If those people are truly undecided, they either stay home and don’t vote, or flip a coin in the voting booth. How can you really be undecided and come away from that debate tonight still undecided?
I bet some Trump supporters watched that debate and knew deep down inside what they should do but didn't really want to admit it to themselves.

Now that Trump has kept them worked into a lather for years believing that some nebulous "them" has made things terrible and only Trump can save them, it's difficult for them to come to grips with how unreliable he really is.

I bet some Trump supporters watched that debate and knew deep down inside what they should do but didn't really want to admit it to themselves.

Now that Trump has kept them worked into a lather for years believing that some nebulous "them" has made things terrible and only Trump can save them, it's difficult for them to come to grips with how unreliable he really is.
Problem is they believe everything Trump says...which is why you get bogus claims that Harris was lying through her teeth for the entire debate. Not saying Harris doesn't ever lie or exaggerate btw, she is a politician after all but just no where near the amount of lies from Trump or the amount of times she is accused of lying by Trumpers.

If you see it through that lens, then will see why those people still think Trump is the better option.....it's all fake news and lies if it is counter to what Trump has told them to believe.

Reactions: baileyiu
I just want you to stop being driven by emotion. You’re ignoring some pretty glaring faults on the other side
So what? Every human has faults. Some faults are far worse than others and cannot be ignored. What you wrote is essentially just a "yeah but."

Here's what Trump is good for and virtually nothing else:
211228143857-12-jan-6-capitol-unf-restricted.jpg

Wow, it's shocking that Chris Wallace, who was fired for being so biased against Trump as a debate moderator, is trashing Trump now.

Who could have predicted that?

DANC, on the subject of firing, what did you think of Trump's point about his multiple firing of advisors as compared to Biden's as illustrating his strong leadership skills?

Hubris. They were so excited about kicking his ass they immediately wanted to rub it in. Waking up today I bet they wish they had slowed down a bit.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Sure totally agree. But hell Trump wanted more checks out before the election than he got. The sunlight between the two isn't as wide as it is now being portrayed. Unemployment was like 7%+.

Big difference was that unemployment was very segregated. White collar unemployment was nil while wage grade service jobs was like 15%
Didn't Trump proudly put his own name prominently on those checks?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
DANC, on the subject of firing, what did you think of Trump's point about his multiple firing of advisors as compared to Biden's as illustrating his strong leadership skills?
I've pointed that out many times on this forum that his former appointees who trash him, have been ones he's fired.

Biden hasn't fired anyone, despite the Afghan and illegal immigration debacles.

They released that presser almost immediately after the debate last night. They were trolling because of how epically bad Trump did. Essentially a joke. But id imagine they have zero problem doing another debate if Trump wants to.

Last edited:
They released that presser almost immediately after the debate last night. They were trolling because of how epically bad Trump did. Essentially a joke. But id imagine they have zero problem doing another debate if Trump wants too.
to

Trump should only agree to another debate if it's on Fox.

I've pointed that out many times on this forum that his former appointees who trash him, have been ones he's fired.

You did, and that was one of your many lies.

Trump would be wise to never do a debate again in his life. With they way he is, it's a no win. No matter the outlet that moderates. The moderators last night were bad but in no way did they cause his epic implosion.
Trump did poorly last night, with some help from the moderators.

The post-debate polls haven't moved and most recognize the bias of the moderators.

With some decent moderators, he would do much better, although he'd still give into his tendancies. But I don't think it would matter, either way. Most voters have made up their mind about Trump and it's Kamala's job to convince any undecideds to come to her side. I don't believe she did that, based on her performance last night. She 'won' the debate, but did she win anyone over? I guess that will be seen.

But right now, I'd say the risk on another debates would be all on Harris.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu

DANC, personally, I have more respect for leaders who want advisors who don't suck up to them.

Having said that, discussions and disagreements should remain private.

The temptation to earn money by writing books such as John Bolton did about his relationship with Trump is understandable but not particularly admirable in my view.

DANC, personally, I have more respect for leaders who want advisors who don't suck up to them.

Having said that, discussions and disagreements should remain private.

The temptation to earn money by writing books such as John Bolton did about his relationship with Trump is understandable but not particularly admirable in my view.
There's no indication those fired didn't 'suck up' to him. They got fired because they didn't do a good job or weren't on board with implementing policy.

Would you keep someone employed who not only didn't follow company policy, but worked actively against it?

I think there should be a 10 year ban on writing books after anyone leaves an administration.

It's been, what? 14 hours? Not saying that isn't true but I'd wait a few days to see if there's a real bounce or not.

I don't think you fully understand tribalists.

And this goes for tribalists of both Clan R and Clan D. This one happens to be a Clan R, but it wouldn't be hard to find somebody from Clan D doing the very same thing.

Here's what you don't get: it doesn't matter if Harris does or doesn't get a bounce from the debate. It doesn't matter that it's too soon to know. All that ever matters to tribalists is the narrative. They'll cite poll numbers to you -- but only if those poll numbers support their narrative. Poll numbers that don't support the narrative are ignored, dismissed as fraudulent, dismissed as outliers, etc. Same goes for "news" stories, gaffes, and gotchas.

And Rule #1 of tribalist narrative promotion during election season is: my candidate is destined for victory. And anything that might suggest otherwise is fake news.

There's no indication those fired didn't 'suck up' to him. They got fired because they didn't do a good job or weren't on board with implementing policy.

Would you keep someone employed who not only didn't follow company policy, but worked actively against it?

I think there should be a 10 year ban on writing books after anyone leaves an administration.
I don’t know why you keep repeating this lie. It’s a lie told by Trump and you unquestionably take everything he says as gospel. However, it is a lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT