ADVERTISEMENT

Hezbollah Pagers Exploding?

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
If true, this is wild.

I recall a long time ago a story about a PLO official answering his phone and having his phone blow his head off. A couple of months ago, a Hamas official was blown up in a bedroom in Iran from a bomb planted months earlier. And now, today, there are reports that pagers carried by Hezbollah officials are blowing up in their hands in Lebanon.

James Bond is jealous.

It's one of the cooler things I've ever seen. And hysterical to boot. Why can't our CIA do fun shit like this?

According to a report I heard, these were new phones issued that were supposed to ensure encryption and better security.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Israelis managed to set up a company that 'developed' new phones with the ability to explode if triggered, and then sold it to Hezbollah/Iran.

If you are a terrorist in the Middle East, would you be comfortable answering your phone now?

According to a report I heard, these were new phones issued that were supposed to ensure encryption and better security.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Israelis managed to set up a company that 'developed' new phones with the ability to explode if triggered, and then sold it to Hezbollah/Iran.

If you are a terrorist in the Middle East, would you be comfortable answering your phone now?
DANC I know you can’t share too much but have you heard of tactics like this one in the past? Consumer products etc,
?

DANC I know you can’t share too much but have you heard of tactics like this one in the past? Consumer products etc,
?
Just exploding Teslas.

I have a feeling children's toys are being taken over by Satan. Sometimes my grandkids electronic toys will just go off for no reason. lol

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
If true, this is wild.

I recall a long time ago a story about a PLO official answering his phone and having his phone blow his head off. A couple of months ago, a Hamas official was blown up in a bedroom in Iran from a bomb planted months earlier. And now, today, there are reports that pagers carried by Hezbollah officials are blowing up in their hands in Lebanon.

James Bond is jealous.

Pagers?

Did those dumb fks never watch season 1 of The Wire?

If true, this is wild.

James Bond is jealous.
The bomb in Iran being planted was misdirection information to get Iran to do what they did - suspect a bunch of Iranians of being spies.

Can’t verify this but someone said the Israelis were able to hack into the devices and cause the lithium batteries to overheat really fast, causing them to explode.

That would be even cooler.

I've seen several suggestions that isn't possible, lithium batteries desperately want to ignite and not explode. But maybe the Mossad discovered a secret everyone missed

Some sort of "container" around a battery that allows the ignition to build pressure would do it. Most low order detonations use this principle.
There's going to be a significant heat build-up first though. I would think that you would notice that if you are wearing it on your hip. So unless they put an insulator in between the batteries and the container, I don't see how that would work.

Some sort of "container" around a battery that allows the ignition to build pressure would do it. Most low order detonations use this principle.
Right, but if they have access to the physical device to do that, a small amount of C4 is also possible.

I think the fear has been any device could be hacked in this way, that seems unlikely.

In fairness, I do actually have thoughts and prayers to some of those potential 4,000 casualties. It's very possible that some of those were just people who happened to be standing next to the intended targets. That's no bueno. I get the idea that there is a certain amount of collateral damage in wartime situations, but if Israel is responsible, this action is more akin to a terrorist bombing that may have resulted in civilian casualties and that makes Israel no better than Hezbollah who started this thing off months ago with their unprovoked attack.

Reactions: Noodle
In fairness, I do actually have thoughts and prayers to some of those potential 4,000 casualties. It's very possible that some of those were just people who happened to be standing next to the intended targets. That's no bueno. I get the idea that there is a certain amount of collateral damage in wartime situations, but if Israel is responsible, this action is more akin to a terrorist bombing that may have resulted in civilian casualties and that makes Israel no better than Hezbollah who started this thing off months ago with their unprovoked attack.
Agreed, although I'm not sure I would characterize this as a terrorist bombing. From the videos it would appear that injuries to bystanders was likely not critical in most instances. (There are reports of the death of an 8 year old girl.) Also, it would seem that Israel took significant efforts to come up with a way to specifically target only Hezbollah members and minimize collateral injuries. That is really the antithesis of a terrorist attack.

pager-for-sale-v0-d0g7fbh3kepd1.jpeg

How would they be all triggered at the same time?
Malware ...

According to everything I've read so far it was a hack and no explosives were used other than the battery itself, but it's Mossad so who the fk knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT