ADVERTISEMENT

Has anybody found a missing backbone?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Uncle Sam has lost his.

The map shows the impact of the ongoing Houthi attacks on in the Rec Sea, The Houthi’s and their Iranian supporters have effectively shut down the Suez Canal. The diverted ships are shown in Orange.

GDK0IEYaQAEKdD2

Our response? We are really really mad, and if the bad guys don’t stop doing bad things we might get madder.

Here is our statement about these attacks. It reads like a product of a Junior High class in Wokeville USA.

The money quote:

Let our message now be clear: we call for the immediate end of these illegal attacks and release of unlawfully detained vessels and crews. The Houthis will bear the responsibility of the consequences should they continue to threaten lives, the global economy, and free flow of commerce in the region’s critical waterways. We remain committed to the international rules-based order and are determined to hold malign actors accountable for unlawful seizures and attacks.​
When DJT personally spoke with Baradar about our withdrawal from Afghanistan, some reports suggest Trump punctuated the deal by threatening Baradar‘s home village and his home— a war crime. This was after Trump dropped a Hellfire on Qasem Soleimani, an act Biden insisted was a war crime. But both worked. Attacks on the US stopped after Iran immediate convulsed action. That’s Backbone.

Back to the Red Sea. Houthi attacks have been going on for months. We only sank a couple of small boats and shot down a few missiles and drones, spending much more than the targets were worth. Meanwhile, shipping in international waters is diverted and costs go up and the US looks and acts like a paper tiger. The Biden Adminstration is clearly not up to the challenge Iran and it’s surrogates present. This wil only encourage more chaos and violence.

If we are indeed the superpower and leader of the free world we claim to be, we need a backbone.

Last edited:
Uncle Sam has lost his.

The map shows the impact of the ongoing Houthi attacks on in the Rec Sea, The Houthi’s and their Iranian supporters have effectively shut down the Suez Canal. The diverted ships are shown in Orange.

GDK0IEYaQAEKdD2

Our response? We are really really mad, and if the bad guys don’t stop doing bad things we might get madder.

Here is our statement about these attacks. It reads like a product of a Junior High class in Wokeville USA.

The money quote:

Let our message now be clear: we call for the immediate end of these illegal attacks and release of unlawfully detained vessels and crews. The Houthis will bear the responsibility of the consequences should they continue to threaten lives, the global economy, and free flow of commerce in the region’s critical waterways. We remain committed to the international rules-based order and are determined to hold malign actors accountable for unlawful seizures and attacks.​
When DJT personally spoke with Baradar about our withdrawal from Afghanistan, some reports suggest Trump punctuated the deal be threatening Baradar‘s home village and his home— a war crime. This was after Trump dropped a Hellfire on Qasem Soleimani, an act Biden insisted was a war crime. But both worked. Attacks on the US stopped after Iran immediate convulsed action. That’s Backbone.

Back to the Red Sea. Houthi attacks have been going on for months. We only sank a couple of small boats and shot down a few missiles and drones, spending much more than the targets were worth. Meanwhile, shipping in international waters is diverted and costs go up and the US looks and acts like a paper tiger. The Biden Adminstration is clearly not up to the challenge Iran and it’s surrogates present. This wil only encourage more chaos and violence.

If we are indeed the superpower and leader of the free world we claim to be, we need a backbone.
Insane to think of the harmony we had when kush was advising. Djt was up for a nobel peace prize. Now they just treat Biden like an old doormat

Uncle Sam has lost his.

GDK0IEYaQAEKdD2

The money quote:

When DJT personally spoke with Baradar about our withdrawal from Afghanistan, some reports suggest Trump punctuated the deal by threatening Baradar‘s home village and his home— a war crime. This was after Trump dropped a Hellfire on Qasem Soleimani, an act Biden insisted was a war crime. But both worked. Attacks on the US stopped after Iran immediate convulsed action. That’s Backbone.

Yeah, but this time we really mean it. We’re not kidding here. We’re completely serious. We’ll do something. You just watch.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I see a bunch of Orange in the Red Sea. How are those being diverted?

I wonder how those Houthi pirates must’ve felt when they were sitting there in their inflatable dingy staring down the barrel of an MH-60.

Had to have been terrifying.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It really took you this long to find a way to turn this into a negative? You're usually a lot quicker with this bullshit.
Do you think it was a positive at any time since the first Houti boat with 3 or 4 pirates aboard approached any ship in that area? This crap has been a negative since the first encounter. Those pirates and the Iranian suppliers funding them are evil people and deserve much more severe retaliation than the finger waging you side has become famous for.

Do you think it was a positive at any time since the first Houti boat with 3 or 4 pirates aboard approached any ship in that area? This crap has been a negative since the first encounter. Those pirates and the Iranian suppliers funding them are evil people and deserve much more severe retaliation than the finger waging you side has become famous for.
I think we all agreed sinking their boats and killing their crews was a positive.

Sink a couple of Iranian tankers and send them a satellite photo of their nuclear facility or military command center without comment.
My understanding in the Iranian nuclear facilities are now pretty deep underground and can't be destroyed by air strike.

Missing in the discussion, the Saudis who have been fighting the Houthis are wanting us to stay out.

The Houthis are threatening to attack Saudi and UAE oil if attacked. Those are two countries we have close relations with. If the Saudis think they can talk them down, do we go with our ally (such as they are)?

Reactions: UncleMark
Missing in the discussion, the Saudis who have been fighting the Houthis are wanting us to stay out.

The Houthis are threatening to attack Saudi and UAE oil if attacked. Those are two countries we have close relations with. If the Saudis think they can talk them down, do we go with our ally (such as they are)?

First they have already attacked Saudi oil facilities.

Second we tell the Houthis that any disruptive attacks will result in dead Houthi leaders.

Third, we re-impose Trump-era sanctions on Iran and stop the sanctions relief nonsense..

Our lack of backbone strengthens the Houthis.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
First they have already attacked Saudi oil facilities.

Second we tell the Houthis that any disruptive attacks will result in dead Houthi leaders.

Third, we re-impose Trump-era sanctions on Iran and stop the sanctions relief nonsense..

Our lack of backbone strengthens the Houthis.

So why do the Saudis want us to stay out? They aren't the only ones, Google fears of escalation. A lot of the ME wants to contain this. Frankly put, I don't think the Saudis want to be seen as fighting alongside Americans. There are a lot of crazies in Saudi Arabis (and Jordan, and Egypt).

By the way, the same backbone some show in telling Putin he can have what he wants in central Europe?

So maverick was better than Barbie but it too was overhyped. Tho I’m totally into the retro and was pumped about it. I made my daughter watch the original then we saw it at the theatre. Loved the new cobra Kai first few seasons too. Season one was simply outstanding
Maverick was a much, much, much more enjoyable film than Barbie.

It was ridiculous, manipulative, and derivative. But I had a great time and it gave me the feelz.

So why do the Saudis want us to stay out?
I don’t know. Does it matter? If we had a Kush and Pompeo on board, I don’t think SA would be an issue.

By the way, the same backbone some show in telling Putin he can have what he wants in central Europe?
Odessa and Ukranian grain exports are where our interests should be. I don’t buy the Putin domino theory Biden keeps yapping about. So far, Putin has kept hands off Odessa. I’d like to think Biden sent a message about that. Biden hasn’t put a show of force in the Black Sea though.

I don’t know. Does it matter? If we had a Kush and Pompeo on board, I don’t think SA would be an issue.

Odessa and Ukranian grain exports are where our interests should be. I don’t buy the Putin domino theory Biden keeps yapping about. So far, Putin has kept hands off Odessa. I’d like to think Biden sent a message about that. Biden hasn’t put a show of force in the Black Sea though.

You said in the Russian thread you don't buy the domino theory. They have staged attacks on Moldova, Georgia, and Ukraine and taken from each. I don't know what more would be required to be dominos.

We work with our regional allies as much as we can. If they really want us to keep our powder dry we need to have reasons to ignore that. That day may come. But I am willing to bet the Saudis know more what is happening than us. After all, they have been already fighting the Houthis. They are in the area. A wild guess, no Muslim country wants to be seen as working with the Americans to attack other Muslims. It could be destabilizing to our various allies

Me too. But I think different feelz.

BTW, if you liked Maverick, you’d love 633 squadron.

Edit:

Also the movie Dam Busters is close. Peter Jackson was going to remake the story but some other projects got in the way. The raid in Dam Busters was real, though some of the tertiary stuff was not. The squadron commander embellished his great command style.

My understanding in the Iranian nuclear facilities are now pretty deep underground and can't be destroyed by air strike.
I thought probably so BUT. OK lets seal them inside. Close their approaches. Render their movement impossible. We could do a lot of things to Iran. Maybe just reimposing the sanctions that Biden doesn't enforce which had Iran broke at the end of the last administration. Those sanctions still exist. They'd work like they did. The appeasers who do the puppet show with Biden ignore those sanctions or falsely claim to be enforcing them.

Uncle Sam has lost his.

GDK0IEYaQAEKdD2

The money quote:

Didn’t Obama and Biden give Iran like 6 billion each? How much does a Houti attack cost on the radical Islam black market?

Uncle Sam has lost his.

GDK0IEYaQAEKdD2

The money quote:

So what backbone are republicans showing when they want to let putin have his way in Ukraine?

Maybe North Korea would assist if Biden would just salute their generals lol

Your best case scenario in this thread is hypocrite

Didn’t Obama and Biden give Iran like 6 billion each? How much does a Houti attack cost on the radical Islam black market?
No. I am guessing you are referring to unfreezing Iran's assets. That is not the same as giving them money. It was their money to begin with

Last edited:
Never saw barbie as that didn't look the least bit interesting. Maverick was pretty for a sequel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT