ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

Reuters (Fro's link)

Among voters who said they had heard at least something about Tuesday's debate, 53% said Harris won and 24% said Trump won, with the rest saying neither had or not answering.

Some 52% of respondents said that Trump stumbled and didn't appear sharp, while 21% said that of Harris.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Kamala 77
Dough Boy 3

Staying with your sports analogy here, the win was a trouncing one for Harris. Unfortunately I fear it won’t amount to much come “tourney time”, aka Election Day. It’s about as meaningful as a mid-season game. At best, we can point to it after the fact as something that indicated a weakness or disconnect for the loser.

Weirdly, the debate was low risk for trump. He can lose, and it just doesn’t matter to most of his followers. While he does have policies, he’s not running on substance or hoping for a good performance. His appeal is on a completely different level. Whereas Harris needed to show well, which she did. She made him look like a fool, which he is.

Ty and DBM, you guys are too much. Guessing you both fall victim to schemers often in your daily lives. Just so easily manipulated.
You are filled with “zingers”. You aren’t witty enough for humor. Try sticking to facts.

What is a woman? Just kidding. I wouldn’t want you to have a mental breakdown.

Reactions: DANC
Trump was fact-checked 3.6% of the time he said stupid shit...

TWICE among
-33 outright lies
-14 additional gross exaggerations of the truth
-8 additional half truths
2 of 55 = 3.6%

Harris wasn't fact-checked among
-1 outright lie (Charlottesville)
-3 gross exaggerations of the truth
-3 additional half truths
0 of 7 = 0%
SAMPLE SIZE ISSUE, though

TWICE among
-33 outright lies
2 of 55 = 3.6%

0 of 7 = 0%
I bet that sample was unbiased. 😂

Ty and DBM, you guys are too much. Guessing you both fall victim to schemers often in your daily lives. Just so easily manipulated.
Have you ever considered that they and the other sycophants look up to Trump and want to be just like him and would if given the chance? ie A bully, superficial asshole, misogynist, racist choad. That they may be as much of a scumbag as he is and want to be?

Reactions: BCCHoosier
He shouldn’t have done this debate. The fix was in with the moderators. If she’s so great Trump should offer a debate on FOX. You think she would accept?
It's the refs fault ....is always a weak excuse. Not the mods fault he lost his shit and opened his mouth.

SCOREBOARD!

Trump should offer a debate on FOX.
ABC is a legitimate news organization, though

Fox is not. They admitted as such in the Dominion voting machines case.

Remember? Their defense was that anyone ought to know that they provide opinions and entertainment, that nobody would consider anything on Fox as being "news reporting" and therefore they are not at fault for falsehoods that aired.

Lordy. The fix was in.

It's like Western Illinois saying the fix was in.

If the imaginary fix hadn't been in, are we talking 63-10 instead of 77-3?

He lost. Refs helped. If Refs don’t matter, how bout debate on FOX?
FOX Media proposed a debate hosted by Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum. Trump immediately nixed it, saying he wanted Jesse Watters, Hannity and/or Ingraham as moderators. They’re entertainers. Might as well have circus clowns asking the questions.

Wait. BREAKING: Trump says he will not participate in any more debates! Apparently one ass-whooping was enough for The Con.

FOX Media proposed a debate hosted by Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum. Trump immediately nixed it, saying he wanted Jesse Watters, Hannity and/or Ingraham as moderators. They’re entertainers. Might as well have circus clowns asking the questions.

Wait. BREAKING: Trump says he will not participate in any more debates! Apparently one ass-whooping was enough for The Con.
GXTpI3bbgAELqVJ

The refs didn't make him shout they're eating the dogs like some senile old worm brained weirdo.

He did that on his own because that's what he does. He lost the debate because he's Trump.

I doubt he wants to get dragged again.
And is anyone genuinely surprised that he was fact-checked for spewing batshit-crazy shit like Dems are in favor of babies being killed after birth, and migrants are stealing and eating pets in Springfield OH. Guy is fvcking insane.

More Trump insanity. Yesterday raging racist Laura Loomer was his invited guest on his plane and at the 9/11 memorial in NYC. This is the same Laura Loomer who claims that 9/11 was an inside job.

These people belong in a nut house, not the White House.

And is anyone truly surprised that he was fact-checked for spewing batshit-crazy shit like Dems are in favor of babies being killed after birth, and migrants are stealing and eating pets in Springfield OH. Guy is fvcking insane.
IIRC they only fact checked 3 of his 34 lies? The cat insanity shit being one of them. Or something like that. They could have piled on but that's the Trump dynamic he set up long ago, Trump is a liar, everyone knows it, him lying is like the sun rising and setting. He will exhaust any fact checker ..

I still can't believe he went down that Haitian rabbit hole .. I watched right wing and Russian troll media the night before and it was all about cats .... and thought this can't possibly be their battleplan? I completely underestimated their stupidity. I lost it when he did that, pure comedy.

When you have Clinton bestie Mark Penn calling for an investigation...

Anyone with a modicum of objectivity could see that the moderators were at once biased and lousy. But it’s immaterial to the outcome. The questions to trump were fine. That he was nonresponsive, rambling and triggered falls solely on him. To dive into absurd hyperbole and conspiracy bs is again him. This was a terrible debate because of his performance - blame only rests with him

IIRC they only fact checked 3 of his 34 lies? The cat insanity shit being one of them. Or something like that. They could have piled on but that's the Trump dynamic he set up long ago, Trump is a liar, everyone knows it, him lying is like the sun rising and setting. He will exhaust any fact checker ..

I still can't believe he went down that Haitian rabbit hole .. I watched right wing and Russian troll media the night before and it was all about cats .... and thought this can't possibly be their battleplan? I completely underestimated their stupidity. I lost it when he did that, pure comedy.
Yeah, my wife and I were laughing our asses off at his cats and dogs story. And Harris’ reaction, on the split screen, was priceless.

Reactions: Morrison and T.M.P.
Lost what big? No polls show that Harris lost the debate.
polls show that komilla won the battle, lost the war. Sorry man. I know how much this means to you.
But when your ideology wins a battle, but the way you won that one thing, hurts your overall chances of winning the total war, historically says that you have hitched your pony to a death sled. You have nothing but dead team members following you. (in your case, its a death boat full full of dead people).
OH, you really need to change your political affiliation registration. You are a "republican" that is in the closet. COME OUT ! just admitting that you are dem, is 99% of the struggle. WE will still love you. Maybe even love you more for being honest. We all know that you are currently living a lie and that has to hurt. Maga doesn't want you to hurt. Maga is about HAPPY !!

Reactions: DANC and Ty Webb iu
No, the main thing she was able to accomplish is lie without any challenge from the moderators. She also showed the media is in the bag for her.

She couldn't even answer the first question. It was embarrassing for her.
Trump is credited with 33 mistruths during the debate. One of the consistencies with the Trump supporter is there is always someone else to blame. It is always someone else's fault. It is the media or the moderators or anyone but him. When I hear a candidate for president of our country talk about a group of people eating dog and cat pets of others or babies being executed after birth, I do not need any further information in the voter decision-making process.

Trump is credited with 33 mistruths during the debate. One of the consistencies with the Trump supporter is there is always someone else to blame. It is always someone else's fault. It is the media or the moderators or anyone but him. When I hear a candidate for president of our country talk about a group of people eating dog and cat pets of others or babies being executed after birth, I do not need any further information in the voter decision-making process.
He’s insane. He is incapable of admitting he lost, at anything. He got his ass handed to him and, instead of saying something like “I had a bad night,” he’s insisting he won!

He has his duped followers convinced that the only way he can lose at anything is if it’s rigged.

TWICE among
-33 outright lies
2 of 55 = 3.6%

0 of 7 = 0%
That’s a lie. You’ve been fact checked 1 out of 1. 100%